• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about maybe some lend-lease acts from the US? and is the syria puppet/annexation chain going to be in the next version?

Syria puppet...
Syria puppet...

Need to skim through the thread since that doesn't ring any bells for me. :(

But what you said about Lend Lease is quite nice. I'll think about it :)

EDIT: I'll start working on the next version once I get out of work.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure someone mentioned an event chain were Syria was asked to join the empire directly (annexation) or to be puppeted or be left alone after the fall of France. and for the lend lease act, im no modder AT ALL (lol) but couldn't you use the current events for Britain/USSR as a template? Thanks :D

Lend lease will not be a problem. Events are very simple to make.

As far as Syria is concerned I'll think about it but 1) Allies would never let BYZ take Syria and then just join them afterwards 2) it's not much of a war to take it manually. If Byzantium took Syria, joined the Allies and won I doubt they'd still let them keep it. I'll think of some alternatives though.

Cores only on Anatolia and claims on Syria. In the backstory the Empire held on to Greece, Bulgaria and most of Anatolia over the centuries while Palestine and Syria were controlled by Egypt and Persia. When the British subjugated the Egyptians in late 19th the Empire took the chance and conquered Syria and Palestine, but since it was a thousand years since the areas had previously been Roman there was little enthusiasm among the locals. Thus Byzantium has just as much right to have former territories as cores as modern Turkey has right for cores over former Ottoman territories - none, that is.

Hows the progress going?

Cores only on Anatolia and claims on Syria. In the backstory the Empire held on to Greece, Bulgaria and most of Anatolia over the centuries while Palestine and Syria were controlled by Egypt and Persia. When the British subjugated the Egyptians in late 19th the Empire took the chance and conquered Syria and Palestine, but since it was a thousand years since the areas had previously been Roman there was little enthusiasm among the locals. Thus Byzantium has just as much right to have former territories as cores as modern Turkey has right for cores over former Ottoman territories - none, that is.

I get it. So you could retake the provinces of the old Eastern Roman Empire, but they would only be occupied. Couldn't there be an event creating the 'Eastern Mediterranean Federation' or something, that would give more cores?

I get it. So you could retake the provinces of the old Eastern Roman Empire, but they would only be occupied. Couldn't there be an event creating the 'Eastern Mediterranean Federation' or something, that would give more cores?
Sure, later versions. I imagine that BYZ could sign a separate peace treaty or alternatively create Allied puppet nations that you could annex.

I saw that the most recent post was by Lord Finnish and it got my hopes up :/ lol

yay!

I just gave it a try, sounds cool. I will follow closely for the next updates. It is only January 40, Turkey will be piece of cake but I hope the German will make a short work of USSR once I will have Baku because the English from Africa and the USSR, no way to be a match.

Need to give democratic Empire Spanish intervention events and playtest it and new version is ready. Changes are those listed in the previous page.

1.3 is out!
Changelog:
- Changed picture for Constantinos (thanks BeardedHoplite!)
- Tweaked events, Theodora now pushes Democratic while Constantinos boosts Authoritarian.
- A democratic Empire can intervene for Republican Spain in the SCW.
- New text for SCW.
- Added mod icon.
- Added counter.
- Extra VP in Turkey
- Added 1 naval tech team. Actually there are two but didn't get the other one working :(
- Expanded the Empire's military. about a dozen new divisions, 3 new interceptor wings and lots of new ships.
- Fixed tech team file. Scenario now loads properly.
- (possibly) fixed German AI not starting Barbarossa while at war with the Empire.
- Extra starting manpower

And maybe something I've already forgotten.

The focus on the next version will be flavor events.

Last edited:
For some odd reason my game refuses to launch up the byzantine mod? it launches everything else just fine.....hmmm im going to try a re-installation see if that works... :/

EDIT: yupp my DH refuses to launch this new patch for some odd reason?

Last edited:
For some odd reason my game refuses to launch up the byzantine mod? it launches everything else just fine.....hmmm im going to try a re-installation see if that works... :/

EDIT: yupp my DH refuses to launch this new patch for some odd reason?

yes, me too. it seems to be in the task manager just eating up resources but it won't load

EDIT: It appears to be something to do with the event_text file included in config. without it, the game loads just without any event descriptions

Last edited:
EDIT: It appears to be something to do with the event_text file included in config. without it, the game loads

What was changed inside of it?

Last edited: