Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Game Development: Sturdy Sled

  1. #1
    Paradox Developer Brother Bean's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    398

    Game Development: Sturdy Sled

    A Sturdy Sled is a vehicle which can carry four objects. When empty the Sled can be equipped to your Backpack equipment slot for easy transport. Right-click the Sled and choose "Pick up" when it is standing on the ground to equip it, and Ctrl + Left-click the Sled on your equipment screen to drop it to the ground again.

    You load objects onto the sled by first carrying them (Adventure -> Lift) and then Right-clicking the Sled. The object will be represented as a sack on the Sled. To retreive an object from the Sled, Right-click the sacks.

    To pull the Sled when it is loaded, Right-click it and choose "Pull". To stop pulling, Right-click the sled again and choose "Stop".


    The sled can be built with Carpentry + Blacksmithing.

    Also, Fishing Rod decay halved.

    This is the prototype for sleds. We'll be adding a cheaper, makeshift one, shortly. Enjoy!

    EDIT: Oh, and animal corpses are persistent now.
    Last edited by Brother Bean; 15-05-2012 at 07:30.
    Plan to die alot, casual?

    - Anonymous replies to post complaining about permanent death in Salem on 4chan/v.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Sergeant

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    60
    Bombtastic update on the sleds! Save us from village idols!
    Seems silly mean people are leaving free charters in town and griefing hermit claims with them to screw their growth. Naughty, naughty players!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nardthefox View Post
    Bombtastic update on the sleds! Save us from village idols!
    Seems silly mean people are leaving free charters in town and griefing hermit claims with them to screw their growth. Naughty, naughty players!
    This. I've been waiting for sleds!

    Side note - If Town Charters are working as intended... You may have overlooked the grief aspect of things? I believe you should be able to take over Mayor at some point, at the very least.

  5. #5
    what about resources needed? wood + iron bar I guess?
    Last edited by Rewhite; 15-05-2012 at 07:47.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Bean View Post
    A Sturdy Sled is a vehicle which can carry four objects. When empty the Sled can be equipped to your Backpack equipment slot for easy transport. Right-click the Sled and choose "Pick up" when it is standing on the ground to equip it, and Ctrl + Left-click the Sled on your equipment screen to drop it to the ground again.

    You load objects onto the sled by first carrying them (Adventure -> Lift) and then Right-clicking the Sled. The object will be represented as a sack on the Sled. To retreive an object from the Sled, Right-click the sacks.

    To pull the Sled when it is loaded, Right-click it and choose "Pull". To stop pulling, Right-click the sled again and choose "Stop".


    The sled can be built with Carpentry + Blacksmithing.

    Also, Fishing Rod decay halved.

    This is the prototype for sleds. We'll be adding a cheaper, makeshift one, shortly. Enjoy!

    EDIT: Oh, and animal corpses are persistent now.
    Although nice to see somekind of cart to cary stuff its, IMHO, not very usefull from a players POV yet...
    1. Too cumbersome to use. Better have it displayed and pulled while equiped on avatar, and removed when un-equiped...much more intuitive...
    2. One would expect such a Cart to be able to cary more as an avatar could in its backpack, i mean 4 items only? C'mon whos gonna swap a backpack for this?
    3. Why would you choose the "backpack" slot for this?
      Its easier to implement right now i guess?
      Why not add a special slot for it....like uhmm "mount slot" which you can use later for...yes mounts
    4. Dangerous to use i expect?
      It probably will stay in world if the player logs-off right? (no thx)
    Last edited by TriMoon; 15-05-2012 at 07:52.

  8. #8
    Paradox Developer Brother Bean's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    i mean 4 items only? C'mon whos gonna swap a backpack for this?
    Objects, dimwit. Not items.
    Plan to die alot, casual?

    - Anonymous replies to post complaining about permanent death in Salem on 4chan/v.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    Although nice to see somekind of cart to cary stuff its, IMHO, not very usefull from a players POV yet...
    2- One would expect such a Cart to be able to cary more as an avatar could in its backpack, i mean 4 items only? C'mon whos gonna swap a backpack for this?
    (no thx)
    Seriously man, its 4 liftable items like logs, boulders, ore, container. If you live on plains you can go forage with 4 chests.
    Hope paved ground increase movement speed in future updates

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Bean View Post
    Objects, dimwit. Not items.
    ohhh okay einstein
    but still 4....a little tiny....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rewhite View Post
    Seriously man, its 4 liftable items like logs, boulders, ore, container. If you live on plains you can go forage with 4 chests.
    Hope paved ground increase movement speed in future updates
    How about my point #4? it doesnt sound tempting to me...does it for you?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    How about my point #4? it doesnt sound tempting to me...does it for you?
    hrm 4 trips hauling logs or 1......damn i dunno which is better. You can also pick it up once its empty. Maybe you should go back and carefully read that short post explaining things.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    ohhh okay einstein
    but still 4....a little tiny....


    How about my point #4? it doesnt sound tempting to me...does it for you?
    to clarify, 4 chests or other liftable objects
    The tinder drill broke.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    How about my point #4? it doesn't sound tempting to me...does it for you?
    First of all if it takes equipment slot it probably will not stay in world. And it made for harvesting of resources like I said wood, stone. Its not regular equipment for scavenge.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallane View Post
    hrm 4 trips hauling logs or 1......damn i dunno which is better. You can also pick it up once its empty. Maybe you should go back and carefully read that short post explaining things.
    Well its np if you are using it to haul inside a permeter of lets say 15mins walk?
    But how about if you go on a gathering hunt for longer and you need to log for whatever reason, your cart will be full and free to loot for anyone passing by...
    I go on a plant/herb gathering hunt that gets me away from my area like 2hrs sometimes...(Cause of my purity clause i look for)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewhite View Post
    First of all if it takes equipment slot it probably will not stay in world. And it made for harvesting of resources like I said wood, stone. Its not regular equipment for scavenge.
    Thats why i asked specificaly about it...its a very important issue for this to be used...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    But how about if you go on a gathering hunt for longer and you need to log for whatever reason, your cart will be full and free to loot for anyone passing by...
    it takes an equipment slot. if it is equipped it can't be looted if you're logged out. hope this helps.
    The tinder drill broke.

  16. #16
    I sure hope so, lets hear that from "the man"

    Also:
    How about it counting towards "empty inventory" with regards to teleporting to home/boston...?
    Or what about KO cases? Will it behave like the backpack or the inventory?

  17. #17
    Thats why i asked specificaly about it...its a very important issue for this to be used...
    Even if it logout with char,I sure its impossible to swimming with it, not best perspective for forager.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewhite View Post
    Even if it logout with char,I sure its impossible to swimming with it, not best perspective for forager.
    Ohhhh indeed i forgot about that! yes.....ugh
    With the map being as it is, so many deep waters slicing land and cliffs, i wonder if it is usefull for anyone at all...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    I sure hope so, lets hear that from "the man"

    Also:
    How about it counting towards "empty inventory" with regards to teleporting to home/boston...?
    Or what about KO cases? Will it behave like the backpack or the inventory?
    Dude whats your deal lol. You wear it on your back. when you need to haul stuff around your base or from raiding someone else you sit it on the ground and load it up with things like tree logs, boulders or chest. Then you walk it back. You don't take it to forage around, you need a backpack for more space. When you log out if its on the ground and loaded up duh someone is going to take it. If its empty and on your back its safe.

  20. #20
    Dallane, read my reply just above yours...
    I don't think it would be usefull even for PvP freaks

    Sidenote:
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash this feature, im just very interested in its usability for me...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts