• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Personally, I'd like to see a Kingdom Editor that allows you create your own lands. You could create a basic county or go further and overlap it with a Duchy, Kingdom or Empire. This would be fun for those who don't want to be restricted or for fantasy players. Just a thought.

I'd love to see every County be allowed to be a Kingdom.

Not easily mind you. But I'd love to raise up as the Duke of Lothian and Declare myself the King of Lothian.

Or the King or Paris, or the King of Skane, etc.

It would be really cool if there was a decision to form a kingdom assuming you were independent and had a certain amount of gold/prestige/piety.

I'd love to see every County be allowed to be a Kingdom.

Not easily mind you. But I'd love to raise up as the Duke of Lothian and Declare myself the King of Lothian.

Or the King or Paris, or the King of Skane, etc.

It would be really cool if there was a decision to form a kingdom assuming you were independent and had a certain amount of gold/prestige/piety.

King of Skåne!? We should have to destroy THAT abomination!

I'd love to see an Eastern Christendom expansion to make them different to playing as a Catholic, the Ecumenical Patriarch didn't function like an eastern pope (as he does in-game) for example. There are huge possibilities of unique things which could be done with eastern europe, as much as a potential Muslim expansion in my view. It's also a more logical step, they did plenty of fighting against Muslims and Pagans.
What suggestions do you have?

Oh, and how could I forget: African Portraits! So my Solomonids don't look like arabs anymore, and we get real Moors.

Oh, and how could I forget: African Portraits! So my Solomonids don't look like arabs anymore, and we get real Moors.

You should check out Shaytana's Better Looking Characters Mod

Its an awesome mod that adds new portraits/clothing for Africans, Muslims, and a whole bunch of other stuff

newskinscompared.pngafricanpo.jpg

I. Byzantine Empire/Orthodox DLC that makes them unique, and not a gimped western faction
II. Playable republics and/or theocracies with mechanics to fit them
III. Muslim DLC

Do you know what I want? This is going to sound strange, but I want dynamic "Mongols."

Right now, the player knows where the Mongols are coming. So if you play in Russia, you know to get prepared. If you play in France, you don't care about it. I'd like to see a DLC that gave the player the option to enable a dynamic invasion. It would make the player actually scared about when and where the invasion is coming.

How would this work?

Easy. You make it possible for the Mongols to come from the other side of the map.

Wait? Isn't that silly? There are no Mongols in the Atlantic Ocean. This is still a historically based game. So you change the tags from Golden Horde and Ilkhanate to Incas and Aztecs. You change horse archers to Jaguar warriors. Instead of coming from the east they land in Spain and France.

Now the player is scared. When you start your France or Burgundy or Denmark or Ireland game, you don't know if the invasion is happening near you or not. If you play in Russia, you might get a free pass. Or maybe not. You don't know. Uncertainty is fun.

Now, you say, won't some people hate such an ahistorical Inca Invasion. I mean, the Incas and Aztecs didn't have ocean-going boats much less know where Europe was to invade it. Yes. So they don't buy and install the DLC. If they own it and want to play a historical game, they can just not load it when they start their game.

I think something like this would really make the game more re-playable. It would be a blast to be building my little empire in Spain and suddenly panic when I see the Aztec boats coming for me. (And a little bit of ironic payback!)

gj mate!

Aztecs
HRE+papacy
Vikings
Reconquista
Dinosaurs!!!

I foresee a whole new row of DLCs, that reach out to new customer groups:

- HBO DLCs (Rome! maybe problem with GOT mod though)
- Disney DLCs (so many possible franchises: pirates of the mediterranean; beauty & beast; aladdin; Lion king)
- Star Wars DLCs (Anakin Skywalker lands in medieval Europe and becomes king; watch a whole lineage of force-users spread throughout Europe; Dark Side & Light Side mechanics)

:D