• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trade was one of the major drivers of social change. It helped establish the middle class. Several realms existed, and prospered, entirely on the strength of trade. And yet, it is absent from CK2.

haha! fear not myself & grallonsphere are currently working on a most extensive mod for trade.

Trade

Trade was one of the major drivers of social change. It helped establish the middle class. Several realms existed, and prospered, entirely on the strength of trade. And yet, it is absent from CK2.

This. I would love to see even a basic trade system put into place.

nah, paradox doesn't really do converters anymore, no offence to tghem, but i think they already know this..but the converters never really were worth it, they'd give you a buggy crappy game at the end of it that's not really worth playing, (talking bout eu2 and ck1 etc), even then, most people that would use a converter would of already conquered the world by 1453..and things could of change drastically, so a WWII and Victorian era game wouldn't really model that too well.

nah, paradox doesn't really do converters anymore, no offence to tghem, but i think they already know this..but the converters never really were worth it, they'd give you a buggy crappy game at the end of it that's not really worth playing, (talking bout eu2 and ck1 etc), even then, most people that would use a converter would of already conquered the world by 1453..and things could of change drastically, so a WWII and Victorian era game wouldn't really model that too well.

Personally would enjoy playing CK2/EU3 or VIC2/HOI3 combination. So converters are worth at least for me something...

Personally would enjoy playing CK2/EU3 or VIC2/HOI3 combination. So converters are worth at least for me something...

True, I wouldn't openly object something that would bring enjoyment to others, aslong as it doesn't effect my enjoyment, which in this case it wouldn't, I was only pointing out that I don't -think- Paradox would invest in a converter, as it hasn't worked too well in the past, and that I also believe the whole victorian era/WW2 era wouldn't be simulated well after years of ahistorical progression from the player..and on another note..if Paradox ever wanted to do a CK2>magnimundi convertor..heh, i'd be in.,

I would like a seasonal weather mod but the game moves too fast anyway probably to make that not worthwhile also, or at least I think so. Playable Muslims or Pagans maybe good and interesting though. Another thing I was thinking is extending the game date either prior 1066, or post 1453. But then we have EU3 for the later dates. Whatever they decide for the next DLC, I hope its good and interesting and not just cosmetic.

to me converters relating to EU3 are pointless simply due to the fact that I only play mods for that game.

EU3 -> Vic would be cool thought so I could start maybe a 1700s vanilla game and transfer it over to play as Poland or something but it would simply be cooler if there was a vic expansion that just had a new start date that goes back further.

Really it would be great if there was a possible invasion from the top of the map as well, landing in Scandinavia and northern Germany. The only reason I didn't propose it is I couldn't even think of who might be coming from that direction. There's your aliens, although I'm not really a fan of alien invasions in these games because its a little far out even for me.

But it would make for good gameplay if the invasion could come from any direction. Maybe there's a more realistic alternative. Pagan Norse tribes from the unknown.

Frankly aliens were more likely to successfully invade Europe than the Aztecs.

As far as converters, I would rather see them make future games compatible with each other then to try to half-ass a bunch of code and situations together on older titles.

I think a trade system and playable Papacy/Republics are probably the highest on demand otherwise, imo.

Although personally I would like to see them flex their creative muscles and step away from historical simulation for a second, and try something fun and silly. An Alpha Centauri type thing would be fun, so would a fantasy type thing like Warlock did to the Civ engine.

As far as converters, I would rather see them make future games compatible with each other then to try to half-ass a bunch of code and situations together on older titles.

I think a trade system and playable Papacy/Republics are probably the highest on demand otherwise, imo.

Although personally I would like to see them flex their creative muscles and step away from historical simulation for a second, and try something fun and silly. An Alpha Centauri type thing would be fun, so would a fantasy type thing like Warlock did to the Civ engine.

I'd love a magical Europe. With elves holding out in the forests of Europe, werewolves being pushed to far and rampaging around the land, sorcerers fighting off against the Inquisition...

It'll never happen, and even if it did it'd probably be better in my head than it'd be in the game.

I'd love a magical Europe. With elves holding out in the forests of Europe, werewolves being pushed to far and rampaging around the land, sorcerers fighting off against the Inquisition...

It'll never happen, and even if it did it'd probably be better in my head than it'd be in the game.

Don't sell yourself short. This is exactly what DLC is great for. Don't let the killjoys around here kill your imagination.

This idea would have to be a whole expansion because it would change so many core concepts of the game, so it's probably too work intensive for the potential revenue. But a vampire or werewolf DLC -- why not, bring it on. If you hate that sort of thing, don't buy it.

Remember Magika: Vietnam? Absurd. Brilliant.

If you hate that sort of thing, don't buy it.

i think what many people are trying to say; that they would prefer it if the dev team focused on important game mechanics which need improving (i.e. the currently very shallow religious system) rather than hairy fairy forests & werewolves and such.

But yes things like that are something to look into once the game is polished & 'finished'.

Look up a book/series of stories called "Lord Darcy Investigates". It's actually set in the 20th century, but it's an alternate history that retains a very feudal setup. Also, it has magic. It's kind of like Sherlock Holmes, if Watson was an Irish sorceror. lol Would make an interesting setup for a mod, I think, with oppurtunities for fantasy elements, but also with an intriguing poltical dynamic.

Personally, I'd like to see a Kingdom Editor that allows you create your own lands. You could create a basic county or go further and overlap it with a Duchy, Kingdom or Empire. This would be fun for those who don't want to be restricted or for fantasy players. Just a thought.

I'd love to see an Eastern Christendom expansion to make them different to playing as a Catholic, the Ecumenical Patriarch didn't function like an eastern pope (as he does in-game) for example. There are huge possibilities of unique things which could be done with eastern europe, as much as a potential Muslim expansion in my view. It's also a more logical step, they did plenty of fighting against Muslims and Pagans.