• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any dlc will be no more than cosmetic. It won't affect gameplay, and so probably won't make muslims playable or anything like that. An expansion maybe, but not dlc.

paradox already stated there wont be any expansions, instead they'll expand on gameplay via DLC, they've even explicitly said they are working on a muslim DLC so ya.

paradox already stated there wont be any expansions, instead they'll expand on gameplay via DLC, they've even explicitly said they are working on a muslim DLC so ya.

I must have missed the no expansions thing, but they've said that gameplay will be changed in free patches, and DLCs will be cosmetic. I'll look for a link.

It does seem to have changed. According to a Rock-Paper-Shotgun interview

RPS: Was the decision not to allow control of Pagan and Muslim factions driven by a reluctance to impose the Christian dynastic model on those families?

Fåhraeus: In part yes, although the Muslim Iqta system could probably be shoehorned into the rough model of feudalism. There was a clear trend towards hereditary land holdings in the Muslim world too. It’s perhaps not so much about the dynastic model as such, but more an issue of adapting graphics and text to provide the right kind of immersion.

Of course, we also think playing a Muslim or Pagan deserves some unique new gameplay mechanics, such as polygamy. Most importantly though, it was never part of our ambition – we just wanted to do everything the original CK did, only better.

RPS: Is there any intention to provide a full treatment of those factions through DLC?

Fåhraeus: Yes.

It could have changed since then, but the most-mortem dev-diary talks about PI's plans for future patches, DLC, and expansions.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591934-Crusader-Kings-II-Post-Mortem-Dev-Diary

In particular it says "Note that playable non-Christians, republics and theocracies were never planned (though always considered good material for expansions.)"

I was about to link you but Hyena beat me too it xD, but yeah i'm pretty sure they're working on a muslim DLC, it shouldn't cost too much though, I doubt they want to ostracize certain parts of the player base.

CK2--> EU3--> VIC2--> HOI3 Converter!

The only DLC we actaully NEED! Though that seems to be unlike :(

-For sure I don't want them to waste time on a converter for such old game that eU3.
If they make an EU4 maybe but for EU3 it is totaly useless.

-they didn't said it so explicitly though. It can be a bit to early if it is the next DLC. Hope they will spend more time to polish it to not reiterate the problem we knew with 1.05 -5 versions in 2 weeks-

It sounds utterly silly.

To you.

You are one of the historical-minded people who clearly wouldn't want it. It's not to your taste. Not everything in life has to be. The point is it would improve replayability for those who want new challenges and unpredictability. Clearly worth offering for those who want a new challenge. Live a little.

It does seem to have changed. According to a Rock-Paper-Shotgun interview

Fair enough. I guess the line I quoted that said 'never planned, but considered good material' means that although they never sat down and fleshed out the details they had spoken about it at least to some extent.

To you.

You are one of the historical-minded people who clearly wouldn't want it. It's not to your taste. Not everything in life has to be. The point is it would improve replayability for those who want new challenges and unpredictability. Clearly worth offering for those who want a new challenge. Live a little.

even so, paradox games tend to be based on a historical reality, i highly doubt they would include such a thing in DLC.

To you.

Seriously, if you want to play as/against the Aztecs... play a different game. :blush:

Seriously, if you want to play as/against the Aztecs... play a different game. :blush:

yes i do agree, what the hell kind of crazy idea would have the Aztecs construct a huge fleet of ships and then invade France lol, paradox should definitely not release a dlc around that - you could make a mod a mod for it though if you so desired.

Would love to see in the next DLC cadet branches and some kind of chronicle of your dynasty or the members of the dynasties and courts like in EU Rome. I can't wait for that to play and also to play with muslims...

I am most excited about the idea of a real, full-fledged Muslim DLC. I want to play as the Seljuk Turks, and have multiple wives, succession by the strongest, and events / gameplay mechanisms that reward being a pious Muslim. I want to see Muslim empires go through the stages of rise and decline described by Ibn Khaldun. I want to see the nomad tribes play a role, I want to see them raise tribal leaders to become Emirs and Sultans. I want to see rich and decadent cities, to have disputes between Quran scholars and philosophers. I want to hear my name praised in Friday prayers, from Al-Andalus to Persia. I want to drive the Christians before me, hear the lamentations of their women, receive the submission of their kings, and install true and faithful Muslims in their cities.

I want the Muslim DLC now!

I am most excited about the idea of a real, full-fledged Muslim DLC. I want to play as the Seljuk Turks, and have multiple wives, succession by the strongest, and events / gameplay mechanisms that reward being a pious Muslim. I want to see Muslim empires go through the stages of rise and decline described by Ibn Khaldun. I want to see the nomad tribes play a role, I want to see them raise tribal leaders to become Emirs and Sultans. I want to see rich and decadent cities, to have disputes between Quran scholars and philosophers. I want to hear my name praised in Friday prayers, from Al-Andalus to Persia. I want to drive the Christians before me, hear the lamentations of their women, receive the submission of their kings, and install true and faithful Muslims in their cities.

I want the Muslim DLC now!

same