• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My guess would be the that next DLC is just going to be something that allows you to play as Muslim. Unless they just decide to add in some more sprite packs or something.
CK2--> EU3--> VIC2--> HOI3 Converter!

The only DLC we actaully NEED! Though that seems to be unlike :(

That would be kinda cool, but then again aside from the territories of countries, I don't really see how much they could convert from game to game since they are all completely different.

I want a DLC about being a family man. My grandfather had be imprisoned and executed because I refused to give up a title. I was also his only heir through his first born. Who knew William the Conqueror was that ruthless.

Who knew William the Conqueror was that ruthless.
*cough* there's a reason I refer to him as "Billy the Bastard", and it's not just the irregularities of his birth...

I would like to see playable muslims but in a way that actually represents the culture and religion. Aside from that, I'd also like to see an expansion into the workings of the papacy including grooming your bishops to become cardinals and eventually pope themselves. There was (and still is) alot of politics in play within the papacy and though I can understand why it cannot be playable, I would still love to see it expanded on to the point of something like Showtime's "the borgias". Failing that there are also the Pegans, a Jewish religon, an expansion into asia or at the very least the implementation of a basic trading system.

Speaking of popes, I'd like to be able to play a theocracy.

It's almost certainly going to be something small and for fun like more songs, sprites, whatever, or possibly the giant Muslim DLC everyone has been waiting for.

Do you know what I want? This is going to sound strange, but I want dynamic "Mongols."

Right now, the player knows where the Mongols are coming. So if you play in Russia, you know to get prepared. If you play in France, you don't care about it. I'd like to see a DLC that gave the player the option to enable a dynamic invasion. It would make the player actually scared about when and where the invasion is coming.

How would this work?

Easy. You make it possible for the Mongols to come from the other side of the map.

Wait? Isn't that silly? There are no Mongols in the Atlantic Ocean. This is still a historically based game. So you change the tags from Golden Horde and Ilkhanate to Incas and Aztecs. You change horse archers to Jaguar warriors. Instead of coming from the east they land in Spain and France.

Now the player is scared. When you start your France or Burgundy or Denmark or Ireland game, you don't know if the invasion is happening near you or not. If you play in Russia, you might get a free pass. Or maybe not. You don't know. Uncertainty is fun.

Now, you say, won't some people hate such an ahistorical Inca Invasion. I mean, the Incas and Aztecs didn't have ocean-going boats much less know where Europe was to invade it. Yes. So they don't buy and install the DLC. If they own it and want to play a historical game, they can just not load it when they start their game.

I think something like this would really make the game more re-playable. It would be a blast to be building my little empire in Spain and suddenly panic when I see the Aztec boats coming for me. (And a little bit of ironic payback!)

Last edited:
Easy. You make it possible for the Mongols to come from the other side of the map.

Wait? Isn't that silly? There are no Mongols in the Atlantic Ocean. This is still a historically based game. So you change the tags from Golden Horde and Ilkhanate to Incas and Aztecs. You change horse archers to Jaguar warriors. Instead of coming from the east they land in Spain and France.

I was starting a mod for this very concept. Aztecs, Atlantians, and African tribes were all being considered. Obviously, some were more plausible than others, but people really seemed to like a Martian crash landing, too:cool:

I was starting a mod for this very concept. Aztecs, Atlantians, and African tribes were all being considered. Obviously, some were more plausible than others, but people really seemed to like a Martian crash landing, too:cool:

Really it would be great if there was a possible invasion from the top of the map as well, landing in Scandinavia and northern Germany. The only reason I didn't propose it is I couldn't even think of who might be coming from that direction. There's your aliens, although I'm not really a fan of alien invasions in these games because its a little far out even for me.

But it would make for good gameplay if the invasion could come from any direction. Maybe there's a more realistic alternative. Pagan Norse tribes from the unknown.

I thik the EU 3 converter would be a good idea too (or they create EU4 with a dynasty mode).

And what is about the possibility to play 100 years longer? I think the 1337 scenario is very short.

And a starting point 1099 where I can lead the crusader armies of the first crusade in order to found the Kingdom of heaven. In the moment Godefroy of Bouillon gets never the Kingdom.

I would like a DLC where a new page is added next to the family/dynasty/realm trees which shows historical events from a characters life. Birth, Death, if they moved courts (when and where) any titles they won lost claimed etc. Honorary titles gained, traits that sort of stuff. Presumably its all recorded in the savegame file so if someone was program savvy they could probs make a utility to extract the information out of game.

I would like a DLC where a new page is added next to the family/dynasty/realm trees which shows historical events from a characters life. Birth, Death, if they moved courts (when and where) any titles they won lost claimed etc. Honorary titles gained, traits that sort of stuff. Presumably its all recorded in the savegame file so if someone was program savvy they could probs make a utility to extract the information out of game.

THIS!!! just like they had in EU rome!!, plus a tab with character relations, brothers, sisters, enemies, etc etc!