+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What is the next DLC going to be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Seriously, if you want to play as/against the Aztecs... play a different game.
    Seriously, treat folks on the forums with respect.

You don't have to like the idea. But you do have to talk to people civilly.

Last I'll say it. 1) The point isn't to play a fantasy game as the Aztecs. The point is to increase the unpredictability and threat of the Mongol invasion. It's not about history. It's about gameplay and replayability. 2) Not everyone is going to like it. So what. That's why DLC works. The people who like it buy it. Those who don't, don't. 3) If you are the type of person who cares more about historicism that's fine. But you don't get to insult people who think a little more outside the box. Don't do it again.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Jck2 View Post
    I would like to see playable muslims but in a way that actually represents the culture and religion. Aside from that, I'd also like to see an expansion into the workings of the papacy including grooming your bishops to become cardinals and eventually pope themselves. There was (and still is) alot of politics in play within the papacy and though I can understand why it cannot be playable, I would still love to see it expanded on to the point of something like Showtime's "the borgias". Failing that there are also the Pegans, a Jewish religon, an expansion into asia or at the very least the implementation of a basic trading system.
    I want that too and really don't understand why PI makes muslims unplayable.

It's probably going to be playable Muslims. I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Annibal View Post
    I want that too and really don't understand why PI makes muslims unplayable.
    Because the game's core mechanics were designed for the Christian experience. You can play the Muslims now with simple editing of some files. It's a very shallow and hollow experience. It makes perfect sense to disable them until PI can make an expansion for them to make them worth playing.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nothing of real consequence, but a cosmetic upgrade to the building system. Something akin to CK1 with a 2d picture that changes as you build and upgrade buildings. So you see something other than a couple of notches in your province build screen.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Xu View Post
    Because the game's core mechanics were designed for the Christian experience. You can play the Muslims now with simple editing of some files. It's a very shallow and hollow experience. It makes perfect sense to disable them until PI can make an expansion for them to make them worth playing.
    Agreed. I certainly have no wish to play as them the way things stand.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zarine View Post
    Playable familly in republics...
    I want to have a nice play as a familly in Venise or Genoa!
    I'd love that too.

But from what I read from Johan's post somewhere, the next dlc should be sprites and music packs.
    Friends & Foes - An Overhaul Mod for Crusader Kings II - Distinctive Characters and Personalities (Now Compatible with patch 1.091)

1. Playable Pagans
    2. Playable Muslims
    3. Playable Republics

Those are what I want in order of most wanted to least wanted.
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Quote Originally Posted by Valinn View Post
    Seriously, treat folks on the forums with respect.

You don't have to like the idea. But you do have to talk to people civilly.

Last I'll say it. 1) The point isn't to play a fantasy game as the Aztecs. The point is to increase the unpredictability and threat of the Mongol invasion. It's not about history. It's about gameplay and replayability. 2) Not everyone is going to like it. So what. That's why DLC works. The people who like it buy it. Those who don't, don't. 3) If you are the type of person who cares more about historicism that's fine. But you don't get to insult people who think a little more outside the box. Don't do it again.
    no offence, but he has a very good point...aztecs in CK2? it would never happen i'm afraid, maybe in medieval 2 total war, but not here lol.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Jak9090 View Post
    no offence, but he has a very good point...aztecs in CK2? it would never happen i'm afraid, maybe in medieval 2 total war, but not here lol.
    Medieval 2 has a later end-date than this game, so it makes more sense in that game. It really would be bizarre and totally out of place in this one. Anyway, regardless of whether any of us want it or not, I really can't see Paradox ever including such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garak View Post
    Medieval 2 has a later end-date than this game, so it makes more sense in that game. It really would be bizarre and totally out of place in this one. Anyway, regardless of whether any of us want it or not, I really can't see Paradox ever including such a thing.
    Agreed. On a side note, Garak? Star trek fan or coincidence?
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by xGhost4000x View Post
    Agreed. On a side note, Garak? Star trek fan or coincidence?
    Star Trek fan, naturally!

Quote Originally Posted by El-Fatih View Post
    Would love to see in the next DLC cadet branches and some kind of chronicle of your dynasty or the members of the dynasties and courts like in EU Rome. I can't wait for that to play and also to play with muslims...
    The cadet branches would be well-worth it. I wouldn't get a chronicle alone, though. That would, to me, be a waste of money. I think a chronicle should come packeged with osmethinge lse.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yeah cadet branches would be pretty good as they'd be linked back to the senior dynasty, so for example the head of the de Bourgogne family would inherit the French throne if the Capetians die out in the 1066 scenario -- instead of de Blois or de Toulouse or another random French dynasty with no real claim. That combined with a proper chronicle of each dynasty as mentioned above would be pretty good content for a patch. I'm not sure it'd warrant being paid DLC though.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

I want a dlc/xpac that does to CK2 that Alpha Centauri did for Civ.

Instead of countries, planets. Solar Systems instead of duchies. Galaxies instead of empires. Borg instead of Horde.

Will never happen, or at the least would probably be its own title. But a man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Garak View Post
    Star Trek fan, naturally!
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by digital_soda View Post
    I want a dlc/xpac that does to CK2 that Alpha Centauri did for Civ.

Instead of countries, planets. Solar Systems instead of duchies. Galaxies instead of empires. Borg instead of Horde.

Will never happen, or at the least would probably be its own title. But a man can dream.
    They would need Star Trek License for that.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by bitmapmedivh View Post
    Nothing of real consequence, but a cosmetic upgrade to the building system. Something akin to CK1 with a 2d picture that changes as you build and upgrade buildings. So you see something other than a couple of notches in your province build screen.
    ''

This would be nice but I kind of get the feeling that upgrading holdings was only ever meant to give you more tax income or a bigger levy. It's a shame too as alot of people like to visually see improvements on something they're wasting money on.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    I'd like something more in-depth about culture just to get a feel of it. More specific atmosphere (Occitan, Iberian, Levantine, Scandinavian, whatever) and everything.

Another thing I'd like to see would be a more dynamic HRE with the possibility of becoming elected from the outside (which happened historically, although rarely) or divorcing it from Germany (France or Italy being the most obvious candidates, each of whom had been more Roman than Germany and actually held the imperial crown briefly in 9th-10th century; a Karling-created Lotharingia could be a more in-game fantasy scenario), or some ability to meddle in imperial affairs.

Also, I'm always in for songs etc.
    CK2 Succession Survival Guide
    CK2 Book of Tips (46 and counting)
    CK2 suggestions of fixes and improvements (63 and counting)

CK2 AARs:
    Dominus Regni Poloniae (8 Feb 1296 Duchy of Greater Poland, finished)
    Lives of the Saints (Various times and places, single-character games)
    Land's End (A tale from Tintagel)
    CEO, EMEA (Guess what)

One problem with the Muslims is that they only have one wife - usually they would have several, especially rulers. Not sure about Tengri rulers, they might still have only one.

Trade

Trade was one of the major drivers of social change. It helped establish the middle class. Several realms existed, and prospered, entirely on the strength of trade. And yet, it is absent from CK2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast