• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(272027)

Corporal
2 Badges
Feb 22, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
Paris is coming as a new DLC. While I'm not sure what will be the release date I also don't know about "four new vehicles"?

What new vehicles will be there? I would love to know. Hope it's not just water buses or new helicopters. Hardly using these anyhow.

Hoping for a new trams and buses.

Well the release date, according to Gamersgate, is the 15th of May (i.e. tomorrow). Whether that holds true for Steam and other digital distribution sites is as yet unknown. No known information about the DLC vehicles as yet, but i expect to see it posted in the other thread as soon as someone finds out. :)

From what one can see from the screens so far posted on Gamersgate, you can make out what looks like a new tram at the very least. In the following screen you can see a blue and white, three car tram vehicle.

342223_citiesinmotionparis26.31_medium.jpg

Their are 2 trams & 2 Metros.

If you want new buses AshleyTales UK DLC Beta 0.3 has 2 but their are no door animation.

I think London DLC will have at least 1 bus & 1 Metro but who knows, we will have to wait and find out.

Also the map plays very well with Rush Hour Mod.

Last edited:
Hello,
I've just tested the new DLC and I can say that the map is great - we have Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, Louvre and Arc de Triumph - all 4 landmarks ;)
Here are some pictures of the new vehicles:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.png

Dear CO, please Beta-Test your DLCs! I have the Gamersgate version of the Paris DLC and the stats of the Asparagus Thomson and the MF-69 are switched. That means that the shorter train now carries more passengers. Great. Also there is a MAJOR flaw in the model of both of these trains: They're way too big! Put an MF-69 next to an Arnauld Mobile, the difference is horrible!
Oh, and one more thing: I thought we were over this make vehicles available all the time-thingy, but apparantly, we aren't.

Sorry, but this needs to be fixed. I always enjoyed CiM but demanding 5 € for one city and four vehicles and not getting them right seems a bit unfair. Hope you will hear my plea.

giladteller could you also make a version that changes the ammount of passengers/speed etc to rebalance?
the dlc vehicles are absurd with their stats, the largest trams tend to have the lowest capacity... :S

Agree. It would also stimulate me to use the MF-69s more (despite their crappy interior, which many Parisians - and visitors to Paris like me - are going to experience for another 15 years or so - refurbed line 3 cars are the best of them - a Line 9 car even failed inside a tunnel once with me inside)

I guess each of you prefers to have a different capacity, so here it goes:
How to edit vehicle capacity:

Extract from paris.gs the vehicle's script file.
For example, MF-67 is located at:
paris\vehicles\metro02\metro02.script

Now, change the line:
this.capacity = ??;
to whatever you want.
Note: some vehicles have more than one script file like:
metro02b.script
The vehicle's capacity is the total of all "this.capacity".

Put the new script file inside addons folder in the same path it was in the gs file
In this example:
"addons\paris\vehicles\metro02\"