• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
R2TW was announced today... Anyone else hopes Paradox are making their own Rome 2 to leech off their marketing budget? :)

There is plenty of time for Rome 2. No need to rush it. I wouldn't be surprised if announcing it now or releasing it at a similar date as RTW2 would be frowned upon by many - this actually happened in case of Sengoku.

I personally find myself hoping one day Paradox will make a game about the Russian Civil war. I feel I may never see that day though...

AFAIK they sell very few games in Russia and I'm not sure there would be much of a market for such a game outside the old Soviet Union. AGEOD did one though, IIRC

Maybe not just the Russian Civil War, but you could have a very interesting game around the interwar period. A lot of armed conflicts in the aftermath of WW1.

So I guess that in 2012 pdox will announce: EU4, DLC for CK2 and maybe an expansion for HOI3 or Vici 2.

Ha, I knew it! I had wrote that before pdox announced Sword of Islam and Their Finest Hour :D I've got to know you guys!

Maybe the last series of hints (including to movie, the screenshots, the interviews) were just a prank and they are actually making Rome 2?

Maybe the last series of hints (including to movie, the screenshots, the interviews) were just a prank and they are actually making Rome 2?

We can always hope that they are making EUIV and Rome 2... ;)