• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's sadism :(
Anyway, since i'm already happy with all the classic PI games, i hope it will cover another age of history. Having a whole new toy is better than rerplacing an old one!

p.s. another small wish: i hope it will be more like EU3, V2 or HoI3 than EU:R, CK2 or Sengoku. I prefer looking after the country and its development and not too much after charachters and their families.

Post here as Johan if you want to hint it's Rome 2, post as Balor if you want to hint it's not. Pretend you didn't read this post so noone can prove anything. Write something that in its message denies it's a hint.

Kaiserreich: The Game ;)

The most logical choice would be Rome2, or possibly a mod akin to Great Invasions to bridge the gap between Rome and CK2.

Maybe they purchased rights to Game of Thrones franchise and will make a CK2-based game in that world? (that'd $$$$$ell)

Maybe they purchased right to Game of Thrones and will make a CK2-based game in that world? (that'd $$$$$ell)

That... omg... that would... I can't even describe it...

wow. It would.. wow

Yea, someone probably should have suggested that before they already started making whatever they are making (R2 I dream and hope)... :p

I still say that Johan's "/signed" post in the "Who wants Rome II" thread is a semi-confirmation. :p

I don't really want a Rome II, though.*

*until the first details are announced and my jaw drops, that is. :D

A few days ago Johan's statement was:

@producerjohan: "Oh... designing and coding a new system of ideas for our new game.."

Ideas are both used in Rome and in Europa Universalis... But I'm quite sure it's a hint about Rome2 because there are only two suspension points :p

I hope it's Rome 2. I'm hoping it's not EU4.

Even better would be a new franchise.

+1. I would really like to see the classical world done right by Paradox. Rome had potential, but the game itself didn't live up to that potential.

Would love to see a Rome 2 especially since Sengoku and CKII could be adapted to it. But with several studios now I could only see Johan working on big stuff like EU IV.

There was a new beta patch posted for HoI3. That might mean something (add-on!). Or not.

By the way, only EU and Rome had a "system of ideas", national ideas. Maybe that's a hint.