• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not quite. It lasts until canceled on most units. When it "combos" on a Fervus summon (bear, bearman) it doubles in effect but only lasts 3 turns, which I think might be a bug.

My favourite trait is, by far, Instructor.

It certainly isn't as powerful as choosing a divine patron at start and in some circumstances Archmage is clearly better, but I love the feeling of all my units upgrading faster. :)

I also quite like the imp advisor; it makes the early game somewhat more dynamic. Worth 5 picks in SP? Not really, but hey, fun >> efficiency most of the time in SP.

-----

Re: divine patrons - I must second Agrela as a very nice god to favour even if not the most powerful; You don't get the killer units or spells of e.g. Fervus or Lunord, but the good healing, population growth, and two very solid temple units (best healer in the Priestesses, very durable fighter in the Paladins) makes for a potent thematic combination for those who are natural turtle players.

Yeah, Instructor is pretty good -- especially with shaman/clerics who can get awesome auras. I am sure Archmage is better for the later game, but the later game is currently broken anyway.