• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sweboy

Lt. General
25 Badges
Sep 29, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I thought I try the demo before going any further with this game as I suspected my laptop is too old for it. It turned out that it was but now I seem to have lost about half a gig of memory after installing it. I stupidly didn't check where steam installed it and I cant find any trace of it on the C drive only see that the space on the drive hasn't returned. I also got rid of steam as it is such a nuisance in my view. If I could have downloaded it normally this would not have happened... I would be grateful if someone could point me to where the files are stored since searching the forum and google drew a blank.

The only way to install the demo I could found was through steam. I used the control panel to uninstall the game as I didn't know you could do through steam. I have also uninstalled steam too. I doubt I can find it by reinstalling steam as the game is removed but there seems to be loads of crap left behind after the uninstall. The game took about 800 MB to install and at least 500 MB has not come back.

warlockfiles.png
Untitled.png

The game installs files to the areas above, for program files and saves/logs. The locations may differ alittle for you though.
Thats on a Win 7 installation.

You can find Warlock demo files under Steam folder (IIRC its in C:\Program Files\Steam\local app\Warlock). The path with italics is the one that I am not sure of it. Delete this will remove Warlock demo from your computer.

<{steam install dir (program files\steam (for xp) or program files (x86)\steam}> \steamapps\common\ <{game folder, warlock - master etc..}> if you need to manually remove the files.