+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dauros loves me, Krypta hates me, but no Avatar spawning?

Dauros loves me, Krypta hates me, but no Avatar spawning?

Not sure if this is a bug or not and can't seem to register my game, to browse the bugs section, buut...

I built a gazillion temples for Dauros (about 7-8), all temples ONLY for him, we are buddies at +100, Fervus hates me for -100 and... nothing happens. For several turns now. How and when is Fervus' Avatar supposed to show up??

(Also where should I report that my CD key can't be registered to browse the bug section? Bought through Amazon.com)

PS. I meant to say Fervus not Krypta in thread title...
    Last edited by kornuletz; 13-05-2012 at 13:43.

You don't use your amazon key to register here, that key is only for Steam. Go into your Steam library and right click on your game and view the key, it will be a different key that works for these forums.

As for your issue, are you sure you are at -100 and not -99? I've never actually been able to get -100, I always get stuck at -99 and building more temples wont change it, apparently you need to get random relations quests and refuse or pass them to somehow slot your relationship perfectly at -100 and get the avatar to spawn. It wont happen at -99.

Thanks, registration worked.
    I am definately at 100/-100 and one temple helped me gain a relationship bonus of a quest.

Do you get a special announcement? Where does the Avatar spawn? Maybe its invisible, in a corner, and affraid of me? aka not attacking? I have basically the whole map for me, is that a problem?

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

Quote Originally Posted by kornuletz View Post
    Thanks, registration worked.
    I am definately at 100/-100 and one temple helped me gain a relationship bonus of a quest.

Do you get a special announcement? Where does the Avatar spawn? Maybe its invisible, in a corner, and affraid of me? aka not attacking? I have basically the whole map for me, is that a problem?
    Looking at other threads it spawns random amount of time later. Some 10-20 turns, so just wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astasia View Post
    You don't use your amazon key to register here, that key is only for Steam. Go into your Steam library and right click on your game and view the key, it will be a different key that works for these forums.

As for your issue, are you sure you are at -100 and not -99? I've never actually been able to get -100, I always get stuck at -99 and building more temples wont change it, apparently you need to get random relations quests and refuse or pass them to somehow slot your relationship perfectly at -100 and get the avatar to spawn. It wont happen at -99.
    I've had an avatar show up with 'only' -99 hatred, actually. I think it's tied more with maintaining 100 from your god of choice.

Interesting. I've been at +100 one god and -99 the opposite for over 80 turns before and never had any avatar spawn. I assumed maybe it was buggy but people were telling me it had to be exactly -100.

I think it IS buggy. Or was before the patch, at least.

I also think it might tie into your starting race's affiliation with gods, but that's something I'll have to look into later.

I have .26 build, with 100 to Agrela and -99 to Krypta for a more than twenty turns, yet the Avatar has not appeared yet. I managed to capture two capitols while waiting for the Avatar

Second Lieutenant Carlo Curiosus's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    MagickaMajesty 2Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I was -100 to Dauros for over 20 turns with no avatar. I just gave up and cast Unity in the end .

*reads topic title*

Ugh... can't... resist...

Dauros loves me, this I know
    For the Holy Book of the Law tells me so
    Paladins to him belong
    They are weak but he is strong
    Yes, Dauros loves me
    Yes, Dauros loves me
    Yes, Dauros loves me
    The Holy Book of the Law tells me so

Corporal
    DungeonlandMagickaWarlock: Master of the Arcane

The avatar will spawn eventually. It just takes a long time. It shows up as a quest would, it seems.

Same issue here. 100 to Krypta, but never more than -99 to the opposite god. As described above, the avatar is reported to show up even with this hatred level.

As the game was lasting quite long to this point, I almost defeated all enemies except one. I just wanted to see the "god victory screen" and pressed "next turn" again and again... and again. With no result. Finally, I lost patience and simply destroyed my last opponent.

Long story (yes, it was a *very* long story, unfortunately) short: I think, the time until the avatar appears should be looked over. It might be intentional as it is now and might not a bug, but I really think, there should be a faster reaction after hitting the +100/-100 (-99) mark!

+ Reply to Thread