+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Map sizing problem ?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen99 View Post
    Nit sure if its a good idea to have so much PTI on the map. Maybe it needs to be filled with 500 x 500 wastland provinces. Useable provinces need to be 256 max but I have seen wasteland as high has 480 pixels per province. At any rate, then I would need to reposition all units/ports/cities etc for curretn provinces. To test the map with all the PTI, I think I can get by with just repositioning ports and units for now, which wouldn't take too long.
    Don't use PTI - go the wasteland route - unless there is absolutely so much ocean that no country can come close to the PTI. During the game country names auto resize from time to time on the map as the country conquers more provinces and if a country name touches PTI then immediate CTD. This does not happen with wastelands.

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Don't use PTI - go the wasteland route - unless there is absolutely so much ocean that no country can come close to the PTI. During the game country names auto resize from time to time on the map as the country conquers more provinces and if a country name touches PTI then immediate CTD. This does not happen with wastelands.
    Thanks for the info, saves me some grief later.

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen99 View Post
    Thanks, this is my next thing to correct. Will this help the map lighting as well? Currently my map is very dark, playing with these settings:
    border_heights = {

}

terrain_sheet_heights = {
    }

......seems to help lighten the map when I zoom out. The terrain_sheet_heights one doing the most good. Close ups of the map are still dark, what settings might help lighten things up? I already lightened my colormap.dds

Thanks 17blue17, used your overlaying the province map onto the terrain and rivers maps idea (from the map modding guide thread) to find a couple pixels of water I had missed.

I now have the terrain and river maps indexed and this fixed the pixelization issue on the map borders. That and somehow my inland see color value had gotten nackered. Just have to work on getting the map to look pretty and I am considering placing this smaller map in the center of a stock size 5616 x 2160 map with all the unused portion as PTI. THis would probably help the map lighting/zooming scale and LOD on far zoom all at once. Nit sure if its a good idea to have so much PTI on the map. Maybe it needs to be filled with 500 x 500 wastland provinces. Useable provinces need to be 256 max but I have seen wasteland as high has 480 pixels per province. At any rate, then I would need to reposition all units/ports/cities etc for curretn provinces. To test the map with all the PTI, I think I can get by with just repositioning ports and units for now, which wouldn't take too long.
    Not sure about brightening the map, however, there are mods for Victoria that DARKEN the map. Perhaps looking at one of those will give you an idea of how to reverse it? The Map_overlay_tile.dds is the file used for Darker overlays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2