• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Watched part of the last one up (17, I think)- your "pathetic evil laugh" aside made me laugh. How long ago were these recorded compared to uploaded?

And that is a normal size map, correct? I have played large and huge maps, so I was surprised at how low your per turn income was. By turn 100 on a huge map I've been running gold/turn of 1.5k... though that was with only 3 unit producing cities out of at least 20+. Do you think your per turn totals are mainly because of the smaller map, or because you were not making specialized cities?

I had 3 or 4 or maybe 5 specialized gold cities. Not sure exactly. I was kind of wondering why my gold production was so low also. I am thinking that perhaps the AI used some gold debuffs on me. It is a possibility that I had too many production buildings too.

I do know that I struggled early on and that my cities weren't specialized then. I spent a lot of turns defending my empire from the mage to the west. Furthermore a mage to the east was launching amphibious assaults against me. One of my cities exchanged hands four times. I was stuck on a peninsula and all the land around me was taken. The only way I could get more land was by exploring. I found a lot of land by crossing the sea to the south. I settled a city there but I had to fight a lot of monsters. It was actually mid game before I could actually spam any cities. It was late game before the specialized cities produced much resources. By then I just kept buffing and upgrading the units I already had.

OH, I just went back and looked at my saved game. An enemy mage did have a -10 gold buff on me too. Also, the episode was uploaded about 12 hours after I recorded it.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that i think perceptive is a nice thing to take if you got instructor for your mage as well.This way you get 2 extra xp per turn and can level up really fast.I do imagine that especially in upcoming MP games it can be important as you gotta be careful with unit enchantments and the opponent will have many perks as well.My first 2 games i took rjakh(has instructor) both of the time and i was always taking perceptive for all units,btw for achers its really a no brainer given the alternatives on the level up.
Keep up your videos,i liked them.

Just wanted to say that i think perceptive is a nice thing to take if you got instructor for your mage as well.This way you get 2 extra xp per turn and can level up really fast.I do imagine that especially in upcoming MP games it can be important as you gotta be careful with unit enchantments and the opponent will have many perks as well.My first 2 games i took rjakh(has instructor) both of the time and i was always taking perceptive for all units,btw for achers its really a no brainer given the alternatives on the level up.
Keep up your videos,i liked them.

Thanks. :)

Things have gone quiet lately, and a few good games have come out so it is fairly quiet. The forums especially are really quiet.
I would expect things to pick up again when the next DLC comes out and then when MP gets out of beta for good.

Modjo