• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You mean 1st starcraft?

Starcraft AI sucks. I mean... i could kill 3 AI's with zergling rush.

Better AI is in AoE, but some players can manage vs 7 AI on Hard.

Very Hard AI, does have additional resources atb, but does not "cheat".

If we speak about cheating AI, you should have played Empire Earth. This AI just cheats, on any level.

You mean 1st starcraft?

Starcraft AI sucks. I mean... i could kill 3 AI's with zergling rush.

Better AI is in AoE, but some players can manage vs 7 AI on Hard.

Very Hard AI, does have additional resources atb, but does not "cheat".

If we speak about cheating AI, you should have played Empire Earth. This AI just cheats, on any level.

Very very true. You could create a map where you are the only one with resources, and you still get out produced by AI. Sad, the rest of the game was amazing.

As for EU3. I feel it has pretty good AI. I mean when you compare it to the Total War series. Well lets just say there is no comparison

The AI in this game isn't bad. Considering the number of variables it is considering and number of AI Counties/factions there are at anyone time. I'm not a very good player, I can hold my own against AI. In MP I would be toast.To make an AI as good as a good/great human player truly is beyond the CPU power most of us have available. Look at how much CPU power it takes for a computer to beat a Chess Grandmaster. And in number of variables I think Chess is a simpler game. Smaller mapboard definitely.

I think that the AI is very good considering the limits of CPU power.EU3's AI is much better than EU1's which was heavily scripted.

e

where are these historical friends written? I cannot find them in any file...

The information is in the (eu3folder)\history\countries folder. Though almost all of them (that I've seen in the save game and that come to mind) are rather self explanatory and could fairly easily be guessed without knowing for sure.

Poland + Lithuania. Denmark + Norway. Portugal + Spain. Portugal + Aragon. Portugal + Castille. Teutonic order + Livonian order. Hansa + Teutons. Hansa + Livonian order.

The information is in the (eu3folder)\history\countries folder. Though almost all of them (that I've seen in the save game and that come to mind) are rather self explanatory and could fairly easily be guessed without knowing for sure.

Poland + Lithuania. Denmark + Norway. Portugal + Spain. Portugal + Aragon. Portugal + Castille. Teutonic order + Livonian order. Hansa + Teutons. Hansa + Livonian order.

found them, thanks. Although i wonder how much do they work, for example Castille always fights Portugal in my games...

found them, thanks. Although i wonder how much do they work, for example Castille always fights Portugal in my games...
They work as much that in my games as Portugal, I can have no army, high relations with Castille and an alliance, and even when they get claims on me, I do not get a war declaration from them.

They work as much that in my games as Portugal, I can have no army, high relations with Castille and an alliance, and even when they get claims on me, I do not get a war declaration from them.

well high relations + alliance, of course they are not going to attack you... But AI Portugal always gets attacked by Castille/Spain, usually until it's left as OPM with colonies

This has to do with the AI aggressiveness level. If you are playing on normal or higher aggressiveness Castille/Spain will simply value Portugals provinces too much and conquer them anyway.

This has to do with the AI aggressiveness level. If you are playing on normal or higher aggressiveness Castille/Spain will simply value Portugals provinces too much and conquer them anyway.

oh i see... i wish AI aggressiveness was separated in aggressiveness towards player and towards other AI. I like the AI on normal because it attacks me and is opportunistic... but I find the low aggressive AI more historical