+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there many mods in active development?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Are there many mods in active development?

I ask because if there are, then a modding tool that I usually develop for games may come handy for them, which can catch many classes of errors in data files. I don't feel particularly like buying the game to find out if I needed to get the game in the first place or not :/
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

There's one mod in progress, which touches everything from campaign setups to events and buffs up economy (or rather adds one). That's the only mod...

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

Chatnoir17 would likely appreciate it if you made the validator work for Sengoku. Could you use the demo for that?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Manring View Post
    Chatnoir17 would likely appreciate it if you made the validator work for Sengoku. Could you use the demo for that?
    No mod forum privileges, etc. would be a problem.

Though any work would have to wait at least until next week as I'm terribly busy this week.
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Pleased do provide the validator! would make the life of chatnoir much more cosy.
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

If it makes you feel any better about purchasing it, Sengoku is fun to play. If you have the spare time to check out a mod, Chatnoir's work is worth it.

I second Mr. Manring's comments. Sengoku is a simple, fun game to play. It keeps to its focus on warfare very well.

Working on a mod / bug fix at the moment. Fixes for missing event messages etc, tidying up the grammar and spelling in the localisation files (for English Lang only I'm afraid). Also changed some map textures, bump maps, added a new higher res map font - looks sweet, realigned some parts of the interface to center icons etc properly... Some other bits and bobs including new children portraits, sounds for messages etc etc. Still got a lot of lines of text, and event code to check though.

Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
    Working on a mod / bug fix at the moment. Fixes for missing event messages etc, tidying up the grammar and spelling in the localisation files (for English Lang only I'm afraid). Also changed some map textures, bump maps, added a new higher res map font - looks sweet, realigned some parts of the interface to center icons etc properly... Some other bits and bobs including new children portraits, sounds for messages etc etc. Still got a lot of lines of text, and event code to check though.
    That's great Jace11! What about joining forces with chatnoir when you get around with it?

Sounds great, Jace11! The centering improvement looks especially nice.

Give us a notice when it's done. I'll take a break from my CK2 campaign to try it out.

Blog Entries
    Okay, it seems there is some amount of interest. So how about this. If you are a mod creator interested in this, send me a PM with a screenshot of your mod's first post (and your username would need to be the author of the first post, or otherwise be mentioned as a significant collaborator). If I get 3+ PMs, I will start working off the demo version and sending PMs to those who PMed me with updates and stuff, and you'd send me PMs with bug reports and issues and what differs between demo and real.

Does this sound workable?

Note that I probably won't be able to start work for at least a week or two. Also could someone give me a link to the demo?
    ~Jamie

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

There is a sticky called demo right above this thread

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Demo-Released!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

OK Jamie, I'll notify chatnoir. Thank you.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hallo Jamie,
    thanks for your programs. I am using your works for EU3, and it is very useful for all modders. I am glad to hear that you are willing to make a Sengoku program.

However, I am bit worried about your suggestion. If you don't own the game but only the Demo, you and we testers can't truly share workable and unworkable things of the program. In addition, we contact per PMs, it means testers can't discuss with each other about your program in the mod subforum.

Despite of these disadvantages, I would join to this project. If you wish, I will make a thread for your program.
    Monumenta Iaponiae Historica : total improvement mod for Sengoku (ver.0.6832:updated on 23.11.2012)
    Additional Scenarios (1180, 1561, 1582 and 1600), More Historical Characters and Rebalancing
    General description about MIH for non registered forum users is here in Sengoku main forum

Mod for EU4: Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod)/Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod)/ Bookmarks
    Three Mods for CK2
    :Bookmarks/ Climate Classification/Hedeby Republic

Sweden in a Japanese game: AAR of Koei's Genghis Khan IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chatnoir17 View Post
    Hallo Jamie,
    thanks for your programs. I am using your works for EU3, and it is very useful for all modders. I am glad to hear that you are willing to make a Sengoku program.

However, I am bit worried about your suggestion. If you don't own the game but only the Demo, you and we testers can't truly share workable and unworkable things of the program. In addition, we contact per PMs, it means testers can't discuss with each other about your program in the mod subforum.

Despite of these disadvantages, I would join to this project. If you wish, I will make a thread for your program.
    Yes, if you think a thread would be useful then go ahead and make it. Though thus far I have received no PMs with evidence of modding, so maybe wait on that until it is confirmed that there is sufficient interest.

It would be useful to get a patch for Sengoku, but I suppose that would be not allowed?
    ~Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie550 View Post
    Yes, if you think a thread would be useful then go ahead and make it. Though thus far I have received no PMs with evidence of modding, so maybe wait on that until it is confirmed that there is sufficient interest.
    Oh, I thought my interest is already confirmed by some kind posters above.
    Monumenta Iaponiae Historica : total improvement mod for Sengoku (ver.0.6832:updated on 23.11.2012)
    Additional Scenarios (1180, 1561, 1582 and 1600), More Historical Characters and Rebalancing
    General description about MIH for non registered forum users is here in Sengoku main forum

Three Mods for CK2

There are currently two active modders on the scene and possibly some others who haven't went public

Blog Entries
    -_- $9 on gamersgate, too much of a bargain

I guess I'll take a peek in the mod forum soon

But in any case, it'll be a bit of time I suspect
    ~Jamie

Blog Entries

Instead of doing one of a million things I actually need to do, I decided to work on the Validator for Sengoku

Well, go here to download an early version: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-minimal-pain!
    ~Jamie

Great!

Three Mods for CK2

+ Reply to Thread