Thread: Field of cabbage

Field of cabbage

I got problem with my cabbage fields they dont change in green cabbage ;/ sry for my eng

Second Lieutenant

Green cabbage is tier 2 of cabbage.
    Take a look at the tier table there : http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Agriculture

That i know. Problem is that my field dont change from colerwort to green cb. Any ideas ?

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Do you know how to raise the influence meters? Last I looked, nobody has gotten definite numbers, but it takes time and a lot of effort to get to the second, third, and fourth tier crops.

I know how but forgot about this lol ;D thx

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    Do you know how to raise the influence meters? Last I looked, nobody has gotten definite numbers, but it takes time and a lot of effort to get to the second, third, and fourth tier crops.
    Definite numbers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loftar
    Currently, each cycle depletes 5% (unmodified) of the elements that the crop consumes, and fills 5% (modified by the influence boost) of the meter that the crop adds to. The harvest yields tier 1 output when the sum of the two meters it consumes is 0%-50% (of one meter), a mix of tier 1 and one of the 2nd tiers when the sum is 50%-100%, a mix of the 2nd tiers when the sum is 100%-150% and a mix of one of the 2nd tiers and tier 3 when the sum is 150%-200%. I'm open to changes on that, though.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Dang, I think I know where you found that post and I don't know how I've missed it and not posted it to the wiki.

So how does one get tier 4 crops?

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Lots and lots of patience. If I was really pushing for t4, I'd make four fields to grind up, not worry about plenty, and just push time and influence as much as possible.

Captain

What is actually better to reach the highest tiers?

A: Rotating crops at every harvest?
    B: Raising the tiers fully before rotating to raise the other tier fully?

Also, what do you think is the best rotation plan?
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." ~John F. Kennedy

Depends what you want to harvest.

If you really wanted top tier cereals: Max cabbage influence first, then max pumpkin influence. That would give you max influence bars for both types. After that you just rotate to maintain quality everytime the bars drop to 75% (five generations). At that stage you could do 1 generation of cabbage at 600% influence, and 1 generation of pumpkin at 700% influence and be back to full. Cabbage should be done in one gutshot, pumpkins can be spread out over two generations if you'd prefer.

600% influence would take an ungodly amount of fertilizer, thanks to diminishing returns.

I've heard of people doing it with hay. The other alternative is to switch to 5 cereals and 4 non cereals per cycle. Considering cereals only need plenty, you could have as much as 15 days to collect the hay required.

This is theorycrafting, haven't gotten to this stage personally.

Well yeah, of course you would use hay. But even with Three Field System, I found that the effort/gain ratio starts to really suck above 300-400 %.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenless View Post
    Depends what you want to harvest.

If you really wanted top tier cereals: Max cabbage influence first, then max pumpkin influence. That would give you max influence bars for both types. After that you just rotate to maintain quality everytime the bars drop to 75% (five generations). At that stage you could do 1 generation of cabbage at 600% influence, and 1 generation of pumpkin at 700% influence and be back to full. Cabbage should be done in one gutshot, pumpkins can be spread out over two generations if you'd prefer.
    Don't i need to rotate crops to max cabbage and pumpkin influence?
    "A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

The King of Portugal and the Algarves in "Et cetera: The Justice League Fails Again"
    The King of Spain in "Primus Inter Pares III: The Spanish Betrayal"
    The Padishah of the Ottoman Empire in "Ab Igne Ignem Capere: The Destruction of France"
    The Original Sultan of Morocco in "Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue"