• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

A Landy

Lt. General
112 Badges
Jul 22, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • March of the Eagles
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
What do you do when you knock Britain off the top spot and/or off the great powers list?:ninja::D

Do the same to others.

There's no real need, USA is fairly clumsy lately, I guess that's the migration nerf in action... The real annoyance comes from Russia or Austria suddenly succeeding in educating their population creating a massive score blob with 5 mil craftsmen and 5 million soldiers.

There's no real need, USA is fairly clumsy lately, I guess that's the migration nerf in action... The real annoyance comes from Russia or Austria suddenly succeeding in educating their population creating a massive score blob with 5 mil craftsmen and 5 million soldiers.
Thats good. Pre 2.31 USA became a monster about 1920. I had to spend 30-40millions £ on Dreadnaughts to win back my Nr1 spot again.

Well, once you take the #1 spot, you still have to keep it. If you are not one of the top 3 most populated countries in the world (with plenty of POPs in states), it can be a challenge. My last game as the Netherlands saw me buying around 700 dreadnoughts to keep my lead on the UK. I'd have gone to war with them, but they and Russia were my allies and the only reason GP China wasn't overrunning me in Dutch Guangxi with 1600 brigades. :)

DREADNOUGHT SPAAAAM. Seriously, works like a charm. I really haven't found a surefire way to do it otherwise yet, since GB gets a MASSIVE advantage in population (and hence army and industry) and usually just runs off with the industry and army rankings and hangs up there in the prestige rankings.

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought this was about GETTING Britain off the spot, not what you do once they already ARE off. Still, DREADNOUGHT SPAAAAM. Need to keep that spot, after all. Plus, it seems to intimidate the AI. Causes me to bleed money during wartime, but that's only a minor problem if the only wars I'm in are wars I declare myself.

Last edited:
On my France PDM game, the UK suffered from a bout of Jacobin rebellions so they have about half my total score. Although I didn't dreadnought spam but Prestige spammed instead.

How do you Prestige spam? Tried that in my last game as Brazil but after building all the culture techs it really didn't take off much. This is before I realised Dreadnought spam existed with Korea and Johore as top spots 6-7 respectively.

How do you Prestige spam? Tried that in my last game as Brazil but after building all the culture techs it really didn't take off much. This is before I realised Dreadnought spam existed with Korea and Johore as top spots 6-7 respectively.

Culture techs, Colonize, Go to the poles, join the Olympics, get egyptian mummies, humiliate ect.

Just thought of this, another way to culture spam is by constant warring, and make sure you will it.

I browsed the Nile and Poles events, and they don't seem to favor humans or AI directly (i.e. humans get better odds on things firing). However, the AI has a 40% chance to refuse to send additional expeditions, giving the human player an edge through perseverance.

Basically, if you keep sending expeditions for the Nile and Poles, you will discover most of them.

Mummies and Egypt are a whole other thing. Even spamming Nationalism and Imperialism early only sometimes gets me Tut's tomb. But since you will still probably get things like regular mummies discovered, the RPs and prestige are good to have.

Now I'm not sure, but aren't the NP, SP etc. events just available to GPs? All I know is that I managed to nab at least one pole in all my three games I played so far, even in my latest Brazil game where I went GP only around 1890. Never got Tut's Tomb though. Bloody Bavaria did it first in my last game.

That, and for some reason, I got like three Nobel prizes within the span of a month. Brazil must have swept that year's awards.