+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when Britain is off of the spot?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Cool What do you do when Britain is off of the spot?

What do you do when you knock Britain off the top spot and/or off the great powers list?

Master of Orion
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Do the same to others.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Get London.

CW™ - Conquer the World

Start to try to knock USA of the top of the list.

Master of Orion
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    There's no real need, USA is fairly clumsy lately, I guess that's the migration nerf in action... The real annoyance comes from Russia or Austria suddenly succeeding in educating their population creating a massive score blob with 5 mil craftsmen and 5 million soldiers.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    There's no real need, USA is fairly clumsy lately, I guess that's the migration nerf in action... The real annoyance comes from Russia or Austria suddenly succeeding in educating their population creating a massive score blob with 5 mil craftsmen and 5 million soldiers.
    Thats good. Pre 2.31 USA became a monster about 1920. I had to spend 30-40millions £ on Dreadnaughts to win back my Nr1 spot again.

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Well, once you take the #1 spot, you still have to keep it. If you are not one of the top 3 most populated countries in the world (with plenty of POPs in states), it can be a challenge. My last game as the Netherlands saw me buying around 700 dreadnoughts to keep my lead on the UK. I'd have gone to war with them, but they and Russia were my allies and the only reason GP China wasn't overrunning me in Dutch Guangxi with 1600 brigades.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

DREADNOUGHT SPAAAAM. Seriously, works like a charm. I really haven't found a surefire way to do it otherwise yet, since GB gets a MASSIVE advantage in population (and hence army and industry) and usually just runs off with the industry and army rankings and hangs up there in the prestige rankings.

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought this was about GETTING Britain off the spot, not what you do once they already ARE off. Still, DREADNOUGHT SPAAAAM. Need to keep that spot, after all. Plus, it seems to intimidate the AI. Causes me to bleed money during wartime, but that's only a minor problem if the only wars I'm in are wars I declare myself.
    Last edited by TheMcD; 13-05-2012 at 01:18.

Victoria 2

On my France PDM game, the UK suffered from a bout of Jacobin rebellions so they have about half my total score. Although I didn't dreadnought spam but Prestige spammed instead.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Dangeroustom View Post
    On my France PDM game, the UK suffered from a bout of Jacobin rebellions so they have about half my total score. Although I didn't dreadnought spam but Prestige spammed instead.
    How do you Prestige spam? Tried that in my last game as Brazil but after building all the culture techs it really didn't take off much. This is before I realised Dreadnought spam existed with Korea and Johore as top spots 6-7 respectively.
    No, I'm not a tree-hugging, granola-eating, hippy-daisy-wearing marshmallow of a creampuff - Scocou.

As EU4 isn't the game for peaceful internal development, I suggest that you use that money to put boots in exotic places... - Knul

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Culture techs, Colonize, Go to the poles, join the Olympics, get egyptian mummies, humiliate ect.

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggs713 View Post
    Culture techs, Colonize, Go to the poles, join the Olympics, get egyptian mummies, humiliate ect.
    PDM also has a prestige bonus for outlawing slavery, being the highest industrial power and the govt techs IIRC.

Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by synthshadow View Post
    How do you Prestige spam? Tried that in my last game as Brazil but after building all the culture techs it really didn't take off much. This is before I realised Dreadnought spam existed with Korea and Johore as top spots 6-7 respectively.
    Just thought of this, another way to culture spam is by constant warring, and make sure you will it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

How do you make sure you get to the poles first and that you get the mummies before anyone else and win the Olympics. I thought it was all random

Victoria 2

How can you make sure that you get those before everyone else?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Teak II View Post
    How can you make sure that you get those before everyone else?
    I thought the events are written to favour the player?

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I browsed the Nile and Poles events, and they don't seem to favor humans or AI directly (i.e. humans get better odds on things firing). However, the AI has a 40% chance to refuse to send additional expeditions, giving the human player an edge through perseverance.

Basically, if you keep sending expeditions for the Nile and Poles, you will discover most of them.

Mummies and Egypt are a whole other thing. Even spamming Nationalism and Imperialism early only sometimes gets me Tut's tomb. But since you will still probably get things like regular mummies discovered, the RPs and prestige are good to have.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Now I'm not sure, but aren't the NP, SP etc. events just available to GPs? All I know is that I managed to nab at least one pole in all my three games I played so far, even in my latest Brazil game where I went GP only around 1890. Never got Tut's Tomb though. Bloody Bavaria did it first in my last game.

That, and for some reason, I got like three Nobel prizes within the span of a month. Brazil must have swept that year's awards.

Ill Growl of Talking Polar Mongoose's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I think if you take Luxor off the Egyptians then you will be the only one who gets to conduct excavations, which in turn means you are the only one who is able to find mummies, Tutankhamen included.
    ¡Viva ArgentinAAR! - My Vicky 2 AAR (1836-1880)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast