+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Showdown of 1946 - An Alternate History AAR

Indeed, I was pretty much thinking this up on the fly and results are imbalanced for sure...I think I'd want either Italy or a fully united China in the Comintern for a better degree of balance. Bear in mind, though, that the normal Axis vs. world setup isn't balanced either, and it's still quite an interesting game.

And Australia currently fields a 70 brigade army (mostly infantry/artillery divisions plus one cavalry, one light armor/AC, and one motorized/TD), 6 air units (3 CAS, 2 FTR, 1 TAC), and 10 fleet units (3 TP, 2 DD, 3 CL, 2 CA). A third DD and a BC are under construction and almost complete, and there are going to be carriers and marines in Australia's future...

Hellgate to the Netherworld Portal's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Not at all plausible, but sure as hell intriguing. Speaking of Oceania, hows New Zealand?
    HUSSIE HUSSIE HUSSIE, OI OI OI!

You've won this round, Darkgamma.

Nothing here...

Just start the game. Regular HOI isn't balanced, it's about the Axis intial push. It's the same thing here. Also, I'm worried about interest dying out.

i cant wait for the updates
    Nice start
    From now on we say that the Greeks fight like heroes and the heroes like Greeks...

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (1940).

Any hope of an ETA on updates beginning?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Sounds like a really interesting setup. I see Austria made a beeline for Bavaria and Westphalia, which is kind of its old centre of influence pre-1866. Wish the AI could take credit for that.

And a communist Japan isn't that unrealistic -- in the 1920s there was alot of communist agitation, which is partly why the military took over.

I'll try to keep tabs on this!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband

Sorry to bump this but are you going to start this?
    Looks like it will be very entertaining and for the lack of a better word "epic"/

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

please tell me that this and the ultimate naval war are not dead...PLEASE!!!
    they could both turn out to be some of the most entertaining AAR's currently going on (i was loving UNW)
    i understand though if the writer has been busy, i just wanna know if any update is coming ever

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

so are you ever coming back to these? cause it seems you have 2 barely started dead AAR's and started a new one without any info about the others...

LoftenHenderson, you're far more loyal of a reader than I deserve to have. There will be updates down the line on Showdown, the scenario is finished and I'll give it a playthrough when I have time. The Naval War one has the lowest priority for me at the moment.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The show must go on!!! Also I think everyone would really love a save for this truly unique game you have set up for yourself.

in my opinion your a brilliant writter with fresh ideas that no one else has thought of before
    I don't want to pester you but I'd love if you could eventually continue all 3 AAR's at least so we can see how they pan out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2