+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decision: Form USA, having problems, help?

Decision: Form USA, having problems, help?

ok this is what I have done

country_decisions = {
    form_USA = {
    potential = {
    OR = {
    tag = IRO
    }
    NOT = { exists = USA }
    }
    allow = {
    technology_group = new_world

owns = 961 # Oneida
    is_core = 961

war = no
    }
    effect = {
    religion = protestant
    government = constitutional_republic
    primary_culture = american
    technology_group = western
    missionaries = 1
    random_owned = {
    base_tax = 1
    }
    centralization_decentralization = -1
    prestige = 0.05
    change_tag = USA

}
    ai_will_do = {
    factor = 1
    }
    }
    }

I wanted to create it like that so I could become them right at the start but I am having a little problem, for some reason I still cannot build forts or have the western army and I dont know what to do, what am I doing wrong? also is there possible to change the rulers to americans? or do I have to change the whole countries rulers and heirs? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by glennandre22; 12-05-2012 at 00:12.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

your tech is probably becoming western but you still need to advance it a bit to build your forts

For western units, you'll need to add
    Code:
    unit_type = western
    like the westernization decisions have.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Ok, so I just have to insert western units and wait to I get the land lv to build forts? thanks

When you finish this, could you post it in forum? I'd like to play around with it a little bit.
    Look! It's my new signature!

country_decisions = {
    form_USA = {
    potential = {
    OR = {
    tag = IRO
    }
    NOT = { exists = USA }
    }
    allow = {

owns = 961 # Oneida
    is_core = 961

war = no
    }
    effect = {
    unit_type = western
    religion = protestant
    primary_culture = american
    missionaries = 5
    random_owned = {
    base_tax = 1
    }
    prestige = 0.05
    change_tag = USA

}
    ai_will_do = {
    factor = 1
    }
    }
    }

This is the finnished versjon, most of the things should turn the country to USA but be aware of this, you have the western units but your units still looks like new world units but thats the only thing I think that stays unchanged, I tried to change it to but I didnt figure out how, so if you play with this untill 1800 USA will look like a big and powerfull high tech barbarbic country, I made one for Canada as well, you are free to use it if you want to.

country_decisions = {
    form_CAN = {
    potential = {
    OR = {
    tag = HUR
    }
    NOT = { exists = CAN }
    }
    allow = {

owns = 988 # Huron
    is_core = 988

war = no
    }
    effect = {
    unit_type = western
    religion = protestant
    primary_culture = english
    missionaries = 5
    random_owned = {
    base_tax = 1
    }
    prestige = 0.05
    change_tag = CAN

}
    ai_will_do = {
    factor = 1
    }
    }
    }

and sadly you cant build military buildings like armoury, forts will do but not armoury I couldt change this matter either, this is mostly the reason because you changed if from a new world country, but it SHOULD be able to change totaly to a western nation, why? I do not know, im not that experienced with modding

That's odd, because I've actually played a New World campaign where I've gone through the normal westernization process and you definitely can build armories and other military tech buildings when doing normal westernization. I'll have to see if I can figure out the issue.
    Look! It's my new signature!

Yea its really odd, I also know that you can build armoury after westernization, but I couldt figure out how to do it, but then again im not that experienced with modding that I can find out mostly the reason for everything, the only modding i can do is modding provinces, event, decision, units, counties and governments, mostly only these

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Wouldn't the conversion to Protestantism have an effect on the game, since the religion wouldn't be enabled yet?

I'd also suggest maybe tossing in an "ai = no" statement to the potential, especially if you leave the file in.

No, I dont think I would effect the game, the only thingis that you can convert them to protestant, and maybe protestant is enabled earler, this is what I think, I dont know if its true or not. yea, I should add an "ai = no" in the file, but where? were it stands "ai will do"? I haven`t bothered to figure out so much about what the AI is able to do yet, so I have just ignored that issue

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

"ai = no" can go into either the Potential or Allow blocks of code. Potential is probably better, because if you put it under allow you'll have a little useless snippet in the popup about having to be human to take the decision.

Thanks, but I think I try to learn it a little closer later, but were it already stands "ai = will do" is what I should cange to "ai = no" in order to revent AI from using it

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

you can also change the ai_will_do factor to 0 and they won't do it.

Isnt that just a more complex method with the same effect of ai = no???

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glennandre22 View Post
    Isnt that just a more complex method with the same effect of ai = no???
    Sorta. Using "ai_will_do_factor = 0" means that the decision appears for the AI but will never be activated. Using "ai = no" means the decision will not appear for the AI at all.

In effect, it's the same thing since you are never on the AI's interface to notice.

Ok, in that case why bother write that in the first place? "ai = no" is much less to write (not so much) but well yea, people do have different tastes and what they think is the best option, this were not a waste since now I know about it so I am grateful for you to tech me that

+ Reply to Thread