+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: modding questions.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Naggafin View Post
    He means issue this command on a provincial scope or event: secede_province = FROM

16. Yes, check ..\common\governments.txt

17. ..\inventions\
    ahh ok I was confused lol

18: Can V2's current map support a Modern day political map? If it can then it helps. If It cannot then....

19a: if the above cannot be done What would the best map modding program be?

19b: id like to Put more cultures into V2. How i can I do so?

20: Do new governments that I create require new flags?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    You have to secede the province to a country, then have FROM inherit that country.
    I don't believe that works any longer. We went through this when the zombie mod was made-- seceding to FROM when you don't have a FROM in scope used to make the province return to an uncolonized state, but a few patches ago something was changed and it caused a crash instead. Unless that's been since changed, it's not really an option.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    I don't believe that works any longer. We went through this when the zombie mod was made-- seceding to FROM when you don't have a FROM in scope used to make the province return to an uncolonized state, but a few patches ago something was changed and it caused a crash instead. Unless that's been since changed, it's not really an option.
    I guess its changed then, I have it in my mod with the current AHD patch. It cant be triggered from the console though.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

I guess its changed then, I have it in my mod with the current AHD patch. It cant be triggered from the console though.
    You have it in your mod... and it works? Which mod is this? The World War One mod? Can you direct me to the event-- I'd like to test it. Maybe you did something we didn't try back then.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

You have it in your mod... and it works? Which mod is this? The World War One mod? Can you direct me to the event-- I'd like to test it. Maybe you did something we didn't try back then.
    No, I haven't released the mod yet. I made another test event to check once you said that and it worked.
    Code:
    country_event = {
    	id = 500710

trigger = {
    		tag = USA
    	}
    	fire_only_once = yes

option = {
    		name = "Okay"
    		USA_121 = {
    			secede_province = CRI
    		}
    		FROM = {
    			inherit = CRI
    		}
    	}
    }
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon

Hmm. So you just need a non-existing country to secede the province to, and then get FROM to inherit it?

Good to know.

500k club

Hmm. So you just need a non-existing country to secede the province to, and then get FROM to inherit it?

Good to know.
    Yeah, thats what the zombie mod had, I just replaced ZOM with CRI, since i havent ever seen Crimea, even in PDM.

Yeah, thats what the zombie mod had, I just replaced ZOM with CRI, since i havent ever seen Crimea, even in PDM.
    Yeah, I thought we tried that when we were testing it for the zombie mod-- but it just never worked, and eventually he gave up. That was back in 1.3, I think, so maybe whatever changed has since been changed back. Either way, it's useful to know.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Yeah, I thought we tried that when we were testing it for the zombie mod-- but it just never worked, and eventually he gave up. That was back in 1.3, I think, so maybe whatever changed has since been changed back. Either way, it's useful to know.
    Nice to know about all this

Now all I need are the questions I asked earlier awnsered.......

I can answer these two:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryasyr View Post
    19b: id like to Put more cultures into V2. How i can I do so?
    You just add them to the cultures file in the common folder. You'd have to actually add them into the game, however, and you do that by adding pops of that culture into the appropriate provinces in history\pops\

20: Do new governments that I create require new flags?
    No. There are only five flag types you can use, by any new government types you create need a flagType entry (you can see this being used in the governments file in the common folder).

I can answer these two:

You just add them to the cultures file in the common folder. You'd have to actually add them into the game, however, and you do that by adding pops of that culture into the appropriate provinces in history\pops\

No. There are only five flag types you can use, by any new government types you create need a flagType entry (you can see this being used in the governments file in the common folder).
    Perfect. thanks! Now I just need 18 answered And I can continue

Quote Originally Posted by Ryasyr View Post
    18: Can V2's current map support a Modern day political map? If it can then it helps. If It cannot then....
    More or less, yes. There may be a few of the ex-soviet republics like Kazakhstan or Tajikistan with slightly messy borders, but since most of the central Asian ex-soviet republics do have messy borders anyway it's probably ok.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Is there any tool to edit map (i.e. change owner, cores, liferating). Editing raw text files seems so lingering.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    More or less, yes. There may be a few of the ex-soviet republics like Kazakhstan or Tajikistan with slightly messy borders, but since most of the central Asian ex-soviet republics do have messy borders anyway it's probably ok.
    true lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2