+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dev participation on this forum may be a bit reduced for some time

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland

Post Dev participation on this forum may be a bit reduced for some time

Hello everyone,

Our crew has been working very hard and long hours for many months now, and we will all be on vacation at different times over the next few months. With reduced manpower but ongoing work, there will be a necessary pause/reduction in out active forum participation.

If response is slow: We're absolutely not ignoring anyone; we are recharging the batteries to bring you even better quality content when we are back.

You're an awesome community, and we really appreciate you guys taking the time to help your fellow gamers out with problems and tips, and we'll jump in when we have the capacity to do so.

Continue to post questions and answers, ideas and feedback, after-action reports, relevant naval news and images, and whatever is fitting for this forum!

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

Enjoy your break guys, you've earned it!
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of Nations500k club

I'll second that! Well done, and enjoy yourselves!!!
    When in doubt, Charlie Out!!!

If you wish for peace, be prepared for war!!!

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm glad you guys are leaving time for yourselves. I'd hate for you all to burnout entirely, and leave us forever

Seriously, enjoy yourselves. Well deserved as has been said!

.....Its all quiet....what if they have left us? what if they dont come back? ..... ARGGH

*breathes into paper bag*

Quote Originally Posted by fraggdya View Post
    .....Its all quiet....what if they have left us? what if they dont come back? ..... ARGGH

*breathes into paper bag*
    Then it's up to you to fill in the gap or hunt them down!
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Congratulations on a well-deserved holiday!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Enjoy your well deserved vacations

Then it's up to you to fill in the gap or hunt them down!
    I know exactly where Jan H will be...

Hoi 2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by imperialman View Post
    Enjoy your break guys, you've earned it!
    +1. Dont worry, I will be adding to my AAR... when I finally get past mission 2. *embarrassed*

Enjoy the relaxation!!
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

I can hear the kids up the back of the forum singing, "are we there yet? are we there yet?" lol

hope you guys come back refreshed and ready to rock on.

~boydy

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II CollectionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Semper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure you guys can really user the stress-reducer.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

They would have been better ensuring strong ongoing product sales by making sure a save game feature was in place before taking a massed exodus. This does seem to be a major negative in every review I have read about this game. And I am waiting for it myself. Everyone deserves time off but it seems a little silly to take it at this juncture.
    "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it"

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Motherboard GA-870A-UD3
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs) 2.8GHz
    12Gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have not found the lack of a save game feature to be that bad at all really. My computer is good enough to run the game without crashing though.

I managed to do the NATO campaign fine without saving. I agree adding it would be a big plus, but currently I think it just makes the game far more nail biting.

It is, however, a must due to the fact some people's computers often cannot run an entire scenario without crashing.

Not only the crashing issues demands a save game feature. For my part I do not have time to play a complete scenario in one piece (the later ones, of cource). Thats currently a showstopper for me so NWAC is currently in idle mode on my hdd.

Well, I bought the game day one but have played it for 10 minutes as I will not put down any time if I can't save while in mission... So I agree, fix that save game feature and then off to the hytte (Norwegian for cabin) for a well deserved vacation

In Sweden we often joke about that it's hard to work in projects with Norwegians. If you go there on a Friday half of them are not working so it's no use having any meetings... As I heard it started with them going early on Fridays, then it became the whole Friday, and now they are off to the mountains after having lunch on Thursday

And, as I sound rather sarcastic - it's not said with evil intent. You have done a great job guys!

God tur!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Lead and GoldMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Really, the lack of a save feature isn't as bad as people say. Unless there is a risk of your computer not running the mission, then it isn't much of a problem.

Christ, how long are bloody holidays in Norway anyway?

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    About this long. I'm back.

Welcome back, Jan! Hope you had a nice time!

Back to work now though. You are not allowed to leave ever again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast