• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dron22

Colonel
17 Badges
Jan 15, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
I am suddenly seeing my POPs only getting some Life goods, when normally most of them were getting Luxury goods up to that point. My poor and middle taxes were set at 0% and I had the tariff slider always at 0%. I noticed that on the world market that the demand for fish was almost double the supply. I have never seen this happen before, I first thought is because China is rapidly industrializing and consuming a lot of goods, although they rank quite low on prestige, while I am number 3 on prestige so I should be able to buy the fish before China gets any. The demand must have jumped rapidly, or for some reason the supply of fish shrank. Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened?

2uj798h.png

I bet the Godzilla ate all the fish.

In patch 2.3, Paradox lowered one of Fish production tech from +150% to +50% IIRC.

I might load up some earlier saves to try to see how could gap between supply and demand of fish suddenly become so large. I still think the demand for fish must have jumped way higher that there was available.
If I see this happening again I will post it in the tech support, it's not normal that something as basic as fish should become a rare commodity.
lol887: LOL!

I had a similar (but much broader issue) in my game (first game though, so I may be missing something) #1 prestige, British empire (large) with most industry and commerce techs (so lots of RGO production), but the British Empire couldn't feed itself, let alone the rest of the world, and everyone got unhappy because they couldn't get their life needs (some pops couldn't get anything at all). Not sure whether I was just a noob, or that there's an imbalance between population growth and eventual total RGO output (problem really only kicked in after population worldwide and particularly in the British Empire started to grow rapidly).

I had a similar (but much broader issue) in my game (first game though, so I may be missing something) #1 prestige, British empire (large) with most industry and commerce techs (so lots of RGO production), but the British Empire couldn't feed itself, let alone the rest of the world, and everyone got unhappy because they couldn't get their life needs (some pops couldn't get anything at all). Not sure whether I was just a noob, or that there's an imbalance between population growth and eventual total RGO output (problem really only kicked in after population worldwide and particularly in the British Empire started to grow rapidly).

Did it happen soon after you passed some health care reforms? The British Empire has one of the largest populations in the world, so ironically your health care reforms may have killed more people instead of improving life expectancy. Whenever I see a rise in demand of a raw material, the supply increases very slowly while demand continues to grow rapidly, sometimes to the point that demand is twice as much as supply, so no matter how fast the RGO's keep expanding they may never catch up to fulfill the world demand.

That doesn't make any sense. I've never seen such a shortage of all basic staples. Even at the beginning, the #1 prestige country should be able to feed itself. And if the Empire could just get even mechanical production researched, they can churn out tons of grain.

Are you sure they could AFFORD those basic items? You mention that some POPs weren't getting anything at all. I find it hard to believe that all life needs were equally unavailable.

I know what's going on! Everyone decided to emulate Ghandi and go on hunger strikes!

That doesn't make any sense. I've never seen such a shortage of all basic staples. Even at the beginning, the #1 prestige country should be able to feed itself. And if the Empire could just get even mechanical production researched, they can churn out tons of grain.

Are you sure they could AFFORD those basic items? You mention that some POPs weren't getting anything at all. I find it hard to believe that all life needs were equally unavailable.

Hi Secret Master,
It is truth, since they reduce the fish production bonus in 2.31. The world having fish shortage in 1930s, ridikulous right?

Aye - I had a look at a range of pops - they were employed, and had money/savings, but were gettings 0% of all of their basic needs because there just wasn't enough on the market. It was wierd, as some pops were doing fine (100% of stuff) and others 0% - so I've no idea how the game decided which pops got their resources and others didn't (I presume everyone had a bite at the market in some kind of order, and those last on the list missed out?) Playing another game as UK, but this time not going to go crazy 'Stating' everything, and see if that helps.

@Dron - in terms of the health care reforms, I did them early (my gameplay aim was to have as reformed as possible state for as many as possible people, so big empire, lots of States, lots of people), so they were well sorted before the 1900s - and I had plenty enough population growth (although I've no idea how much would be too much).

Thanks for your ideas guys - am deffo very curious about what's going on!

Aye - I had a look at a range of pops - they were employed, and had money/savings, but were gettings 0% of all of their basic needs because there just wasn't enough on the market. It was wierd, as some pops were doing fine (100% of stuff) and others 0% - so I've no idea how the game decided which pops got their resources and others didn't (I presume everyone had a bite at the market in some kind of order, and those last on the list missed out?) Playing another game as UK, but this time not going to go crazy 'Stating' everything, and see if that helps.

@Dron - in terms of the health care reforms, I did them early (my gameplay aim was to have as reformed as possible state for as many as possible people, so big empire, lots of States, lots of people), so they were well sorted before the 1900s - and I had plenty enough population growth (although I've no idea how much would be too much).

Thanks for your ideas guys - am deffo very curious about what's going on!

It depends on prestige, the nation ranking first in prestige should buy all it needs first on the world market, then number 2 and so on. That's why prestige score is very important. But some resources which you don't produce will be in such short supply that even being number 1 in prestige will not let you have enough.

The invention nerf for mechanized fishing vessels causes late game shortages.

Before the patch mechanized fishing vessels granted +150% output and -25% RGO size, now it grants +50% output and -25% size.
So the effective supply of fish has been VASTLY decreased.

Time to call Jesus I guess.

Any constructive tested suggestions how to mod the invention to not ruin the world of fish-eaters?

Not really tested, but my first guess would be +100% output instead of +50%?