Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Development: Hooked on a Feeling

Game Development: Hooked on a Feeling

We've been developing, and here's what's new:

There is now fishing. Some areas of the map are more abundant in fish than others. Which areas shift somewhat over time, but they have a permanent factor to them, so if you find a good spot it will probably never be entirely useless.

You fish by making yourself a pole, equipping it with a bait or a lure, and then it to yourself. Lures and poles lose health over time as you use them. The higher your "Frontier & Wilderness" value, the longer you can use the gear before it breaks. Under "Adventure" you have a "Fish" icon. Use it. Click water.

For every use of the equipment, you have a chance for a fish to bite. Which fish depends on the equipment, and when it bites, you'll be given options. Each fish responds differently to the different options. If the fish is pulling you out, you're doing it wrong. If you are pulling the fish in, well, guess.

Claims no longer need spacing

Villages can now "Invoke Eminent Domain" to remove claims under their authority.

Clamps & Composts can be destroyed.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Brother Bean; 11-05-2012 at 07:00.
    Plan to die alot, casual?

- Anonymous replies to post complaining about permanent death in Salem on 4chan/v.

sweet

keep getting my hopes up for the combat patch tho ;(

Second Lieutenant

Are there some new food recipes using fish ?

Next update, tree growing please ;>

Interesting...

is the claim spacing part limited to villages? or overall?

Fishing Pole craft button is broken until next restart.

Use the command :act craft fpole
    to create a fishing pole.

Fishing is broken, get a huge crash when I try

Edit:: after reset, it's working again

Second edit, If I click in the water while fishing, I crash

Quote Originally Posted by mfortier View Post
    Fishing Pole craft button is broken until next restart.

Use the command :act craft fpole
    to create a fishing pole.
    Fixed now.

- Anonymous replies to post complaining about permanent death in Salem on 4chan/v.

^5

68 games registered

200k clubDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Fishing skill:
    Hunting & Gathering: 600
    Frontier & Wilderness: 600
    Pre-reqs: ??? Had it enabled already but I have a bunch of skills

Under the new Craft > Equipment > Fishing Equipment menu

Fishing Pole:
    Requires:
    Branch x4
    Hay x2
    Flint x1

Tasty Sink-knot:
    Requires:
    2x Autumn Grass
    1x Any Berry
    1x Stone
    Last edited by TheDarkside; 11-05-2012 at 07:17.

Looks like drying frames were fixed in this update too. Now they can hold two hides at a time

Also, I have no clue if the various values involved are good, bad or ugly. Feel free to tell me if the fish aren't biting.

I broke 2 lures already I didn't find any fish

Same problem, 2 lures and a whole rod gone; no fish. Also, I get a crap-ton of crashes if I click in the water while fishing

68 games registered

200k clubDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Dropped a line and waited for about 1 minute while the bobber was sitting in the water then when I went to mouse over my humors game crashed

Using Tasty Sink-knot 1200 Frontier & Wilderness and the lure breaks after one fish. Did this twice, is this intended?

So, how do i cook this perch?

How do you "Invoke Eminent Domain"
    We've got a claim we need to remove

Quote Originally Posted by Diqbudt View Post
    So, how do i cook this perch?
    Right click to butcher and you can cook it like raw meat. Not sure if there are other options for it or not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast