+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing past 1936

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Playing past 1936

My game is getting dangerously close to 1936 and I have noticed I haven't conquered the world yet. Where is the file to change the end date?

Victoria 2 -> common -> defines

Star and end dates are at the top.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yay! Thank you.

I have a question regarding changing the end date.

I had a game where I started in 1836, but changed the end date to 2500, and I believe as a result my game intentionally slowed itself out. For example, I started to get liberal agitation and whatnot around 1900. Is this intentional? Should one just change the end date a few days before the game is set to end?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by wwwww View Post
    I have a question regarding changing the end date.

I had a game where I started in 1836, but changed the end date to 2500, and I believe as a result my game intentionally slowed itself out. For example, I started to get liberal agitation and whatnot around 1900. Is this intentional? Should one just change the end date a few days before the game is set to end?
    I'd say no, because province modifiers crop-up every so often, and the end on the current end date, but I am not sure if their end date changes if you change defines.txt. I don't know If the games slows its self or not, I had some events that I have never seen before, like the stock market crash in 1943. But it sure feels like it doesn't spread out to me.

Don't set it higher than year 1999. The reason why is because all the defined end dates on everything is the year 2000. To give you an example, political parties are defined in the game files and they also have a start and end date. E.g., bolshevik party for Russia start date is 1903 and end date is 2000. Also all satellite nations would magically be free from their owner. Point is, don't do it. It's going to cause in game issues like you're seeing because the end date of the game is past many other defined end dates in the game's native code and the script.

+ Reply to Thread