• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 24, 2012
Ok i might be missing something here or maybe im not IDK. I am the king of Ireland (or at least i was) and needed to grant some land out as i was over my Demesne limit. So i found some people in my court and a few vassels that had a high opinion of me and i mean +100. I was making sure to not create a super Duke and get ransacked. Well after i granted them the land they turned to -100 opinion of me and declared war on me. What gives? So at this point i was getting attacked from all angles and had to resort to mercenaries to try to fend them all off. Needless to say none of my allies would help me and after ruling for 147 years my game is pretty much over. So my question is why would they go from haveing a +100 opinion of me to -100 after i grant them land? I was good with the Pope I didn't kill any of their family or least i don't think i did. In the end i ended up getting ransacked out of the blue anyway. Just wondering what the heck happened.

move your mouse curser over his relation value and read the tooltip. It explains it all.
(My guess: you did not grant him the lower titles of the county/transfer the mayors and bishops you appointed to him as vassals)

I would not recommend giving out any Duke title without granting all of the duchies de jure terriotry as vassals to the Duke (if you want to manually install his mayors and counts, do so and transfer the vassalage afterwards).

Specially if you yourself hold counties in his duchy, his anger will aim towards you (while messing up duchies vassallage between your Dukes only makes them fight each other which is admittedly less worse then them revolting).

Solution if you hold Duchy titles you wish to disappear: select one guy you want to get rid off, and who owns one county. Grant himm all the Duke titles, but make sure he has no Vassals. (So, you have to hold the counties yourself or have vassals installed in them before granting the Duchy).

He will hate you as so much of yours should be his by right now, but that doesn't matter. Quickly start the plot to revoke his County title.
He will not agree to that, so be sure to have your levy in his county when sending the letter.
Once he declines the revocation, siege his stuff, and usurp the County. The Duchy titles will disappear, you will have to create them again (which you obviously don't want, as they would just awaken your vassals envy)

I would not recommend giving out any Duke title without granting all of the duchies de jure terriotry as vassals to the Duke (if you want to manually install his mayors and counts, do so and transfer the vassalage afterwards).

Specially if you yourself hold counties in his duchy, his anger will aim towards you (while messing up duchies vassallage between your Dukes only makes them fight each other which is admittedly less worse then them revolting).

Solution if you hold Duchy titles you wish to disappear: select one guy you want to get rid off, and who owns one county. Grant himm all the Duke titles, but make sure he has no Vassals. (So, you have to hold the counties yourself or have vassals installed in them before granting the Duchy).

He will hate you as so much of yours should be his by right now, but that doesn't matter. Quickly start the plot to revoke his County title.
He will not agree to that, so be sure to have your levy in his county when sending the letter.
Once he declines the revocation, siege his stuff, and usurp the County. The Duchy titles will disappear, you will have to create them again (which you obviously don't want, as they would just awaken your vassals envy)

Wow, thanks for the advice, will try to do it.