[WIKIA] Research Thread - For anyone who wants to know the games mechanics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(486223)

Corporal
1 Badges
May 3, 2012
  • Majesty 2 Collection
Few players will ever add to the wikia

Yet all players want a full wikia

This thread is for posting Google Document forms to collect data to help the wikia.

If you want a good wikia, filled with good solid information and a good grasp of the games mechanics then before such a wikia can exist for you, it needs you!

Wikia's are written by players like you and me, and the only things they can add are what they find out themselves, unless you spare a few seconds to fill out any of the forms below. Each and every one of you is a valuable source of knowledge to a wikia and the majority of players will use a wikia at some point during their time playing a game, the wikia creators get nothing in return for you using what they have provided so I hope you will spare a small amount of time to help them help you.

The true beauty of the below docs.google forms is that they take each person seconds to complete, but hundreds of people can complete them. This means it costs you but a moment of your time, yet if gives the wikia a huge sample of data from which to create articles that you yourself may one day look up for help.

If you wish to contribute simply click on the links below as and when you can and spare a few moments for the community.

If you use the wikia then please also use the below. Wikia editors get nothing for their time, no money, no personal thanks. To repay them is as simple as filling in any of the below forms

Spells
Spell vs Position in research "wheel" form // Form Results

Resources
Resources vs Terrain // Results

Other Worlds

Other
Resistance vs Reduction // Results

Further Information
  • If you are interested in stats collection and have a valid form to submit then feel free to do so in a reply and I will edit it into this post
  • If this is made a sticky I'd appreciate it but can't really see it happening
  • If you would like to be credited in this post for the form you create then please mention it when posting the form, otherwise I will assume you are happy to be an anonymous contributor
  • As with all good valid scientific surveys the results will be available for everyone to view, if you wish for your form to be added please submit a link for a Read-Only version of the form's results (If you don't allow others to see your work it cannot be trusted, this is a scientific standard and must be followed even at this level)

Last edited:
The research wheel for spells is a waste of time. I've seen the same spell in different positions on the wheel in different games. There seems to be some consistency in that spells tend to show up on the same part of the wheel with certain other spells within the same game, but the position of each spell cluster on the wheel itself is randomized. The current method of gathering data does not account for this.

The research wheel for spells is a waste of time. I've seen the same spell in different positions on the wheel in different games. There seems to be some consistency in that spells tend to show up on the same part of the wheel with certain other spells within the same game, but the position of each spell cluster on the wheel itself is randomized. The current method of gathering data does not account for this.

From my understanding.... I agree. The position of the spell just seems to work from whichever one you chose last time.

Essentially the spells are queued one after another. They are placed in a position in the research window just on whichever one was selected to be researched the turn before.

Not sure if these have been posted... all the key commands that seem to work:

F5 = QuickSave
F9 = Load QuickSave
[ and ] = Сycle through units
Alt-R = Open and Close Research Window
Alt-C = Open and Close Spell Book
F12 = Takes screenshot
H= Turn hex grid on and off
G = Set a unit to Guard mode
E = Give a unit Explore task (unit starts moving to the fog of war)
Arrow keys and WASD scroll the map.
Enter - Ends current turn (even if actions are available)

Last edited:
Not sure if these have been posted... all the key commands that seem to work:

...G = Set a unit to Guard mode....
I can't get this one to work. The "G" key does nothing as far as I can tell. Is anyone else having a problem with it?

I can't get this one to work. The "G" key does nothing as far as I can tell. Is anyone else having a problem with it?

Clicking G does change unit icon to guard mode (shield). Also unit is removed from list of the units that are awaiting orders.

But:
-movement points are retained
-G can be used even when unit has already moved
-unit stats will not show increased defense perk, as Guard mode activated by clicking on icon

Clicking G does change unit icon to guard mode (shield). Also unit is removed from list of the units that are awaiting orders.

But:
-movement points are retained
-G can be used even when unit has already moved
-unit stats will not show increased defense perk, as Guard mode activated by clicking on icon

Which doesn't mean anything to me. When placed on guard, a unit's turn should end immediately and I should not be bothered with interacting with that unit e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e t-u-r-n. That is time-consuming, irritating, and detracts from the enjoyability of the game.

Which doesn't mean anything to me. When placed on guard, a unit's turn should end immediately and I should not be bothered with interacting with that unit e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e t-u-r-n. That is time-consuming, irritating, and detracts from the enjoyability of the game.

Then put them on sentry. You won't have to deal with them again unless an enemy shows up nearby, whereupon they wake up automatically. Really, you've only got like three or four buttons over there, try mousing over them to see what they do.

Actually, this sort of bugged G shortcut does mean something.
After you put unit in this "false" guard mode, it will disappear from list of units that haven't moved.