• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Apprentice

Major
6 Badges
Oct 28, 2011
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
I've noticed that the mp costs for tiles within your empire are reduced. Is it written down/has someone figured out by how much? I'm curious if building on terrain gives it a further boost. Swamps in particular seem to drop down once built up- am I imagining it?

Each tile with building on it costs 0.5 movement points.

Which means you can speed up movement a lot by putting buildings on swamps and hills and other difficult terrain. That can speed up slow troops like warriors by a huge amount as they can't enter a swamp unless they start next to it.

The developers have cleverly combined the road building with the other buildings functions, which is an elegant solution as it removes the need for an engineer unit that other games like civ and MoM used. It streamlines play and adds a strategic element to where you place buildings rather than just scatter them anywhere.

JJ

Pretty sure natural swamps cost 3, forests 2, hills 2, forest & hills 3, plains/icy plains 1...

I could move into a swamp with 2 mp when it was within my empire.

does this only work for units that belong to the faction that owns the buildings, or do my enemies also get that movement speed advantage? anyone figured that out yet?