• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(488444)

Recruit
1 Badges
May 9, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
I know this game is not like that and it is more like Civ, but I wish there was a campaign for it.
I like continuation and growth through different maps, like HOMM, and I would love it if we could do the same with Warlock.
For example, you start on a very small map, you conquer the undead because of whatever the story would be, then you win and you get ported to a new world (following a story arc) and you start this new world conquering whatever, etc... each map could have different victory condition and starting criterias, but it would give the whole game a sense of purpose other than to just finsih the world you just randomly created and start a new one (agan, I understand that a lot of player love that style of play). I would love a story, a reason why I am to conquer the world, or become the best mage...

Soon after the mutiny of the Conclave of High Priests’ was suppressed and the Great King of Ardania had returned His throne (the events of Majesty 2: Monster Kingdom), he along with his faithful Royal Adviser gathered the greatest army of men and monsters, and lead it to the North to reclaim it for the Kingdom. Many heads of guilds, high priests and lords went with the King, and all with Him disappeared not long after they had crossed the Northern mountains.
After the missing of the King his Deputy managed to keep the rightful rule in Ardania for some time, but he can’t do that forever – the tensions between new Conclave and Council of mages along with the influence of King Rrat XIX and King Lich broke the peace and civil war was started. Those time are now known as the Troubles Time.
After the seventy four years of war there aren’t any traces of the central power – many Guilds were reformed, temples forgotten, the capitol of Great Kings lies in ruins and there is no news about the fate of the Great King. The only ones who still keep any kind of order on their lands are the Great Mages (as they call themselves). The Council of Great mages includes the most powerful magicians of Ardania and now they are its’ rightful rulers.
Once not long ago gods of Ardania have came to Great mages with the proposal that cannot be refused. Gods have decided that they forgot about mortals for too long and that faith in them suffers from the constant war, so the war should be ended and there must be again only one ruler in Ardania. But as gods themselves know no unity and constantly challenge each other, they would let the Great mages to decide, who will be that ruler.
The Council of Great mages was gathered and Great mages were arguing almost for two months about who of them will be named the most worthy and given the title of Warlock –Master of the Arcane, and at last have decided to make it clear in a challenge. So the ruinous war of Troubles Time has ended and the glorious challenge for the Warlock title has begun.
that's the story for the game.

The game would have been more expensive if they had made a campaign with voice acting/cutscenes an so forth. This game was a smaller project being sold at a more budget price. Campaign was never really planned for it.

If you want that I would suggest picking up Fallen Enchantress when it comes out later this year. It's similar gameplay an will have a campaign I believe.

The game would have been more expensive if they had made a campaign with voice acting/cutscenes an so forth. This game was a smaller project being sold at a more budget price. Campaign was never really planned for it.

Can´t be the reason because they did it for Majesty2 too and it that was about the same release price....

The game would have been more expensive if they had made a campaign with voice acting/cutscenes an so forth.
Who said we need voice acting/cutscenes? Text only wood be fine. If they had a competent writer. Then again, from what I've seen in the flavor text for units, I am not sure I want a campaign. The setting has too many gimmick mosters and things throw in for humor, to have a solid story. As I played, I actually found myself wishing they would make the same game in a stand alone world. Ardania is just not that interesting or thought-out a place.

Who said we need voice acting/cutscenes? Text only wood be fine. If they had a competent writer. Then again, from what I've seen in the flavor text for units, I am not sure I want a campaign. The setting has too many gimmick mosters and things throw in for humor, to have a solid story. As I played, I actually found myself wishing they would make the same game in a stand alone world. Ardania is just not that interesting or thought-out a place.

I guess youve not played Elven Legacy or it's expansions. Its the same engine, but different world and the game is campaign driven. Plus you get champions w/ equipment slots and magic equipment. Its what I was hoping would be done for this game... but maybe there are limitations on developing a suitable story. But Im not an Ardanian loremaster - so I wouldnt know.

See Elven Legacty Coll. on GG