+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preparation

People's Commisar of POTATO LYNCHY's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.

Preparation

So im really looking forward to this game so i was wondering whether gettin EU3 will be good for learning this game (im getting it anyway but still) so is magna mundi going to be very similar to Eu3?
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

Political Offtopic Tactical Assault Team Organization

"Too-ra loo-ra loo-ra loo, They're lookin' for monkeys up in the zoo, And if ever I had a face like you? I'd join the British army."

Currently In Love With: John Guidetti

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

MM is very different from EU3 so it won't really help you learn the game. EU3 is very good and worth getting though.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I suppose i should have called this thread how different is MM from EU3, but why is it so different
    ن

"Too-ra loo-ra loo-ra loo, They're lookin' for monkeys up in the zoo, And if ever I had a face like you? I'd join the British army."

One's a grand strategy game about the late medieval period transitioning to the early modern with nationa building, colonisation, religious strife, trade and exploration all featured. The other is... quite similar!

Get EU3. Great game for starters and can be picked up cheap. I expect the differences between MM and EU3 will be more obvious, and much more profound, to veteran players where those new to the series may be more aware of the similarities.

I get the impression MM is much more about the trade and politics side than the war and whatnot but then again i could be wrong
    ن

My suggestion would be to compare the EU3 manual (which you are getting with the EU3 game) and then compare it to the MM manual which is available in the sticky in this subforum.

Where to start! It's a much more complicated adapiation of EU3 focusing on histroical plausability. Each aspect of the game (including war) has layers added to it. Personally I love playing a mediteraninan country and facing the Berber pirate evnt chains. Or playing as The Knights of St John has been vastly improved. So, so different to what you get in EU3. If you get EU3 make sure you get all the expansions as the base game is a pale shadow of the "final" game. Then you can play MM the Mod anyway.

Enjoy.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

considering MM was a EU3 mod, yes they are very similar in their core gameplay, meaning, a lot of the concepts you will learn and see in EU3 are also integral part of MM. So I do recommend you getting EU3 now with all the expansions (or at the very least, up to HttT).
    There is a difference in the 'difficulty' of the games. EU3 is easier, you can (with patience) conquer the whole world. In MM it's almost impossible because, even though the gameplay is very similar, the 'numbers' are quite different.
    So do get EU3 and play your first game as Castille, you won't regret it

ive played the demo for well over 6 hourse and if i get it it will be chronicles because it is only £5. thanks for the info
    ن

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    ive played the demo for well over 6 hourse and if i get it it will be chronicles because it is only £5. thanks for the info
    You can't play the MM mod with jsut chronicles btw
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    You can't play the MM mod with jsut chronicles btw
    Chronicles is all the games in one box is it not?
    ن

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

IIRC it has all the expansions together, but MM works only up to Heir to the Throne and not with Divine Wind.

Is there any plans on realesing it for Divine wind?
    ن

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Chronicles has all the expansions, but only lets you install DW. I would buy EU3 complete and get HTTT and DW separately if you want to play the MM mod.

I would just by EU Complete and only ever play MM on it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations

EU3 is much better game with all the expansions. There are other mods that can be played instead of MM.
    "So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    EU3 is much better game with all the expansions. There are other mods that can be played instead of MM.
    No it's not. The game seems to exponentially get more ridiculous with each expansion. Divine Wind is just fuster-cluck like no other, what with a Bohemian horde spreading out across Asia and Ming ruling everything in the East. They destroyed the game with that, and I can certainly say that if the OP wants preparation then DO NOT play Divine Wind. The two games, even the mod, provides an entirely different experience. And MMP2 is my favourite out of MMU and MMP2.

No it's not. The game seems to exponentially get more ridiculous with each expansion. Divine Wind is just fuster-cluck like no other, what with a Bohemian horde spreading out across Asia and Ming ruling everything in the East. They destroyed the game with that, and I can certainly say that if the OP wants preparation then DO NOT play Divine Wind. The two games, even the mod, provides an entirely different experience. And MMP2 is my favourite out of MMU and MMP2.
    Well of you seem so certain not to get Chronicles should i get collection instead? Chronicles is just alot cheaper here
    ن

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Well of you seem so certain not to get Chronicles should i get collection instead? Chronicles is just alot cheaper here
    It's just my opinion, it depends on what you want to buy the game for. Personally, I believe that your money would be better spent elsewhere (waiting for MM release), but then again I absolutely detest playing a full game of EU3 without the MM mod. There is a reason why hardly anyone completes a full game of EU3 vanilla. If you care for a mildly frustrating experience with very little reward then play Divine Wind. If you care for an incredibly challenging experience, with a ridiculous amount of frustration when something goes wrong but quite possibly the most rewarding gameplay when you achieve your objective then play Magna Mundi the mod with EU3.

It's just my opinion, it depends on what you want to buy the game for. Personally, I believe that your money would be better spent elsewhere (waiting for MM release), but then again I absolutely detest playing a full game of EU3 without the MM mod. There is a reason why hardly anyone completes a full game of EU3 vanilla. If you care for a mildly frustrating experience with very little reward then play Divine Wind. If you care for an incredibly challenging experience, with a ridiculous amount of frustration when something goes wrong but quite possibly the most rewarding gameplay when you achieve your objective then play Magna Mundi the mod with EU3.
    So just to see, if i bought Heir to the Throne (or whatever was the one before Divine Wind) would i also get the full game with it or would i have to buy the full game as well as it, to me it seems like getting chronicles and then another mod with it seems like the best choice
    ن

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast