http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-CIMP/cities-in-motion-paris

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting. Another map that hasn't been previously announced? Does this mean that we get this before the summer, London in Septemberish and then Rome in time for Christmas? :)

Looking forward to another campaign and more vehicles, even though i've still not finished Tokyo, started US Cities or even bought Ulm! :p

Is this any joke... :O

Edit: I was so thrilled at first that this was the only thing to say.
But now I can say: WOW! Amazing! For sure I will preorder tomorow.

Last edited:
New tramway :rolleyes:

P.S.
Steam will release (15. May) after 18.00 BST / 19.00 CEST. (I posted this to avoid annoying questions ''When will Steam release the DLC?''.)

Last edited:
Yep, I agree, the price for the Paris DLC was rather reasonable. Nice to see all those landmarks, too, even though some of them obviously haven't needed all that much modification. I mean any possible similarities between Tokyo Tower and Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and some of the cathedrals found in German Cities DLC/Ulm DLC. Like being able to draw my tram lines under Arc de Triomphe =)

I rated the DLC four stars on Gamersgate before beginning to notice some of the flaws. Though mostly these have to do with faults found in the game engine itself, I suppose. Ferrry docks can't be placed at most places because there apparently is not enough space between roads and Seine. And because there are many 45 degree corners, which I otherwise do actually like, docks can't be placed here either. Hence I gave up on one of the appearing mini-tasks in the campaign, eg. building two waterboat lines for the Chinese.

So far I haven't noticed any new buildings appearing. Is this the first DLC with a static map or is there just something wrong with my eyes?

Because there was no time fix for the Paris DLC vehicles when I began to play, I tried to control myself and use the first tram available already in 1920. Find it difficult to believe that a tram with max speed of 85 kph could be available as early as in the beginning of the game. But had to give up on "realism" regarding that issue as the capacity of 10 passengers per tram clogged up my tram routes and took me pretty much bankrupt with the skyrocketing staff/driver salaries = RESTART.

A bit frustrating having to build so many new lines in the beginning of new campaign scenarios as the game slows down soon after having built "too many" maps.

But in general I'd rate the Paris DLC between 3 and 4 stars out of 5 depending on the day. Well done, CO & looking forward to the London DLC -- although I do expect that it will slow down the game even worse than this =)

I always considered Vienna to be the best map out of the four shipped with vanilla game. But Paris is interestingly challenging as there are not exactly clear points where to begin routes at -- such as in Favoriten or Prater in Vienna. True, Paris has many railway stations but the distances between those are fairly long. But having never been to Paris of France myself can't really say how it is in reality.

I didn’t realise you could build tram lines under the Arc de Triomphe. Is that using a mod to do that? I've got services in that area but for underground services I'm using Metro as well as a pretty extensive bus network throughout the map I think I'm up to about 25 bus routes, I think I've got around five or six tram lines and at least three metro lines.

I don't know if it helps but it's a good idea to use one of the vehicle capacity mods as I've found that really does help to increase capacity of your fleet especially with the early buses since with a capacity mod I can move 20 passengers per bus instead of the standard ten which just leads to bigger bus queues.

I think there are new buildings in some parts of the map as the residential areas seem to me to have different buildings as some of the houses look different plus some of the other building look different too.

I'm looking forward to the London map too since just like Paris London would be another unique challenge I've not visited Paris or France myself either unless you count Google Street View so I'm not sure what the transport system is like over there in real life but from what I've seen of the map it's a really god job they did with this.

I like the way CO has taken the time to research the street names since having the names of the streets in place makes it a lot easier when planning out bus and tram services plus it's a lot easier when running metro services too so I would probably mark the Paris map at a 10 out of 10 on this.

Hi there.

The Eiffel Tower is a completely new landmark done from scratch. Actually I am the one responsible for that (although I also did the Tokyo Tower). Even though Tokyo Tower and Eiffel Tower appear to look similar, the framework is quite different as is most of the platforms/observation decks. This became very apparent while I was studying the Eiffel Tower since I was looking for similarities so that I could use the same technique as I did with the Tokyo Tower. However, it soon became clear that I needed to model the basic structure of the tower in a slightly different way to get the tower right. Also all the other landmarks are brand new. At first cathedrals and such may look similar to each other but when we start to study them closer, we start to see the differences and what at first looked like a minor visual detail is actually a key point in getting a certain building right. So at first it might seem that a minor modding might do the trick but in the end a completely new building is in most cases the only way to go. (I hope I am making some kind of sense here :) )

And yes, Paris does grow along the timeline. I hope you spot a major change at one point in the certain decade that shapes parts of the map quite drastically.

Paris DLC is a wonderful thing to play through! I have lived in Paris for quite some time and would like to say that this expansion brings some memories back.

Thanks for all the developers for their work. Cities In Motion is truly one of the best games - a true classic already. Kiitos paljon!