• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
United Earth Forces (at the start at least) - there's a one earth government though I've not decided on how it was formed. It might be like the Terran fleet in Starcraft Brood War, or the Co Dominium in Jerry Pournelle's Mote in God's Eye universe (specifically the earlier books. John Christian Falkenburg will be available to hire by event if things get hairy for you as a nod to Mr. Pournelle. Hopefully things won't end up Like This
Interesting, I shall be waiting to see this awesomeness.

2064? I couldn't get the terra nullius events to work without having a 15 MB event file that caused the game to basically take forever to load. Nobody is gonna play a mod that takes over half an hour to load...
I'm curious about this part. Do you use event chains a la FODD? If is the case there is a simple (but at hand, tedious) way to drastically reduce the size of the file and loading times.
See here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zu9ogiuime2znip

By the way, I would play a game (or a mod in this case) that take 30 minutes to load... only if there are no bug that make me use debug mode just to find it (or that have a crash in the last part of the load).

I'm curious about this part. Do you use event chains a la FODD? If is the case there is a simple (but at hand, tedious) way to drastically reduce the size of the file and loading times.
See here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zu9ogiuime2znip.

I can send you the events, but tbh, I think this is a more interesting project.

Looks good! How do you go about actually making a new map, though (I was always curious about this)?

Well in my case you sit down and draw until it looks right. :D Then you put edges on things and start adding lines.
Really is that simple.

There's a load of complicated inbetween that stage to a complete thing. Check out this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...t-Hour-Mapeditting-Tutorial-Discussion-Thread for details

I can send you the events, but tbh, I think this is a more interesting project.
Send them, and I will see what I can do.

PD: A more interesting project indeed.... but the events work more or less in the same way. Anyway, I like FODD... waiting for the official update.

WOW - A great idea!!! Over what period should start the mod? After a cold war or in parallel ?
There is a parallel world to the Earth? Can the Troops traveling back and forth - and back to the Earth?
As trough a worm hole? That would be a revolution for DH and you were really an emperor (Kaiser !!!)
Here are some inspirations: Hypothesis of the structure of the internal parts of the earth!
(a philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London - by Edmond Halley)
Reise zum mittelpunkt der Erde - by Jules Vernes. What really in Antarctica? A Entrance?
Wikipedia,the free encyclopedia - U.S. Navy`s "Operation Highjump" by Richard E. Byrd from 26.02.1947
and youtube : Operation High Jump- The secret Land !
The Roman "CONTACT" by Carl Sagan

For FoDD wastelands Control events we've drawn an Excel file, which created the events through a VB macro, based on the list of countries and province IDs

If that can help you with the development, I can share the spreadsheet.

WOW - A great idea!!! Over what period should start the mod? After a cold war or in parallel ?
There is a parallel world to the Earth? Can the Troops traveling back and forth - and back to the Earth?
As trough a worm hole? That would be a revolution for DH and you were really an emperor (Kaiser !!!)
Here are some inspirations: Hypothesis of the structure of the internal parts of the earth!
(a philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London - by Edmond Halley)
Reise zum mittelpunkt der Erde - by Jules Vernes. What really in Antarctica? A Entrance?
Wikipedia,the free encyclopedia - U.S. Navy`s "Operation Highjump" by Richard E. Byrd from 26.02.1947
and youtube : Operation High Jump- The secret Land !
The Roman "CONTACT" by Carl Sagan

Hehe. This will be set in the (dark, gritty, but not grim) future (think Firefly as opposed to WH40K). Sorry to disappoint. I've read about Highjump and would be willing to bet there is some fishy US business there.

Hehe. This will be set in the (dark, gritty, but not grim) future (think Firefly as opposed to WH40K). Sorry to disappoint. I've read about Highjump and would be willing to bet there is some fishy US business there.

Oh Firefly <3

I really wish you good luck with this project, it seems like quite a lovely and ambitious idea!

I know "firefly" ist not,where do I get it?
Leave the earth (DH) is O.K.! But why the planet leave? There are opportunities for your interresting
Super-Map. I wanted to "High-Jump" just a thought adjoining send !! (Sorry to disappoint) This is
very sad. Thus,many innovative ideas once again stalled. I was hoping for a collaboration for a
future mod, wich finally brings breath of fresh air times!
Sorry for my euphoric interference !

Post-Modern. And it's Epsilon Eridani. Alpha Centauri is so Sid Meier! :p :)
Well speaking of Sid, it could be interesting to add in the native fauna and flora of Alpha Centauri to give a wild and barbarian feel to the world. The natives could be an additional challenge to the humans (in form of random heavy dissent and many rebels spawn), to slow them down and tone down their technological/political advantages (the sentient natives shouldnt be harmed by the flora and dissent would work as classic from the game mechanics).

Oh Firefly <3

I really wish you good luck with this project, it seems like quite a lovely and ambitious idea!

Cheers

Well speaking of Sid, it could be interesting to add in the native fauna and flora of Alpha Centauri to give a wild and barbarian feel to the world. The natives could be an additional challenge to the humans (in form of random heavy dissent and many rebels spawn), to slow them down and tone down their technological/political advantages (the sentient natives shouldnt be harmed by the flora and dissent would work as classic from the game mechanics).

Hmm. Could be possible, I suppose. I'm not certain how Partisans gear to their tech level. Also the planet isn't quite as wild as AC - I don't think sentient life could actually evolve there!

I know "firefly" ist not,where do I get it?
Leave the earth (DH) is O.K.! But why the planet leave? There are opportunities for your interresting
Super-Map. I wanted to "High-Jump" just a thought adjoining send !! (Sorry to disappoint) This is
very sad. Thus,many innovative ideas once again stalled. I was hoping for a collaboration for a
future mod, wich finally brings breath of fresh air times!
Sorry for my euphoric interference !

Google "Firefly Nathon Fillion"

And re:Highjump. You can always do your own thing friend.

Wow. This looks awesome. Of course, the only problem is that, being English and all, my instincts are to always side with the underdog - which would mean betraying my species if I were to play this mod. Hmmm :S

Hmm. Could be possible, I suppose. I'm not certain how Partisans gear to their tech level. Also the planet isn't quite as wild as AC - I don't think sentient life could actually evolve there!
The main plot, so to speak, of SMAC was about the sapient life native to Planet. Of course, that specific kind of sapient life wouldn't serve very well as a militarized opposition...

Cheers

Google "Firefly Nathon Fillion"

And re:Highjump. You can always do your own thing friend.

I did not want to criticize your work and ideas! I think your previous works wonderfully !!!
But for the implementation of game-play modes was "Test of Times" or "Call to Power2"
(Sid Meier): Lachen: are further 15 years ago?!
I can still see some work and will then present my projekt. The strong - silent type.
Maybe...?... I`ll wait times from the discussion of a new DH-engine ?!
Good luck...friend

Also the planet isn't quite as wild as AC - I don't think sentient life could actually evolve there!
AC isn't wild. It is a sentient life by itself, actually. It also happens to nuke everyone on its surface every couple thousands of years or so.

Also, on a personal note, I was actually more interested in 2064 than this. Near future poost-apocalyptic worlds are my favorite. And I'm really not sure how well will sci fi work out in DH.

The main plot, so to speak, of SMAC was about the sapient life native to Planet. Of course, that specific kind of sapient life wouldn't serve very well as a militarized opposition...

AC isn't wild. It is a sentient life by itself, actually. It also happens to nuke everyone on its surface every couple thousands of years or so.

Also, on a personal note, I was actually more interested in 2064 than this. Near future poost-apocalyptic worlds are my favorite. And I'm really not sure how well will sci fi work out in DH.

The planet isn't sentient in this game. I'm not out to get nailed for copyright infringement from Firaxis!
Regards 2064... It's not dead, and I still have the files. It may yet get worked on, but it's definitely a back-burner project for me at this time.

So this is what those weird flags were for, hm.... my talents are yours! ^^

Great, could you take a look at this and consider some reworks of the existing flags based on the comments?
http://cs.servegame.com/kaiserreich/showthread.php?tid=1057&pid=20507#pid20507

I did not want to criticize your work and ideas! I think your previous works wonderfully !!!
But for the implementation of game-play modes was "Test of Times" or "Call to Power2"
(Sid Meier): Lachen: are further 15 years ago?!
I can still see some work and will then present my projekt. The strong - silent type.
Maybe...?... I`ll wait times from the discussion of a new DH-engine ?!
Good luck...friend

I'm a bit confused... I'll just take the good luck and run with it!