Werewolf Lite CCXXXII - Two dukes, that's one too many !

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gigau

Imperare Orbis Universi
219 Badges
May 4, 2005
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"
  • PDXCon 2019 "King"
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
Werewolf Lite CCXXXII

30px-Armoiries_Armagnac-Rodez.svg.png
30px-Blason_fr_Bourgogne.svg.png

Deux ducs, c'est un de trop !

Two dukes, that's one too many !

350px-Assassinat_de_LouisdOrleans.jpg

Date

February 28th, 1409

The Palace of Chartres

Paris, a couple years ago,

At the start of the XVth Century, a truce has been settled between Charles VI de France and Richard II of England. During this period of peace, Chalres VI has break-outs of "absences", during which his wife, Isabeau de Bavière, is regent. The two main members of the Regency Council are Louis d'Orléans and Philippe le Hardi de Bourgogne. Their politics, towards the Great Schism of Occident, towards the relationship with England,... are completely different, leading to numerous confrontations.

In 1404 Philippe le Hardi dies. Louis d'Orléans jumps on the occasion and slowly completely removes the Burgundy faction from the Regency Council. That doesn't sit too weel with Jean Sans Peur, the new duke of Burgundy.

On November 23rd of 1407, Jean Sans Peur has Louis d'Orléans assassinated in the Rue du Temple, in Paris. This sparks an open conflict between the two houses of Orléans (to become the Armagnacs) and of Bourgogne.

Chartres, nowadays,

To settle the issue, Charles VI summons both parties to the Palace of Chartres. Count Guillaume IV de Hainaut is charged with the security of the meeting as it is likely that the members of the House of Orléans will try to use this opportunity to avenge Louis d'Orléans' death.

Rules

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Not all players will get an PM, only special roles

The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

Winning

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Player Roles

10 or 11 X Burgundian Noblemen (Villager) : Followers of Jean Sans Peur
3 or 4 X Orléans Noblemen (Werewolf) : Followers of Charles d'Orléans
1 X Steward (Seer): King's Mediator, in charge of Security

The Deadline

DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS (19:00 GMT, 21:00 CEST)

A vote posted at 18:59 GMT will count. One posted at 19:00 GMT will NOT !

Voting Ends At Deadline Even If Game Moderator Is Not Present !

Other Rules

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, BOTH players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4 bold text. For example:

VOTE GIGAU

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE GIGAU, VOTE HDK

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10 - There will be no subbing after day three. All no-voters will be than killed off.

§11 - RP Allowed and encouraged but not required.

Accounts of the Meeting of Chartres

Player List

1 - Adamus as King Adamus I, Emperor of Legendary Paradoxia, King of the United Forums, Duke of the OT Forum Games Thread, Count of WW Lite CCXXXI
2 - Hdk
3 - Rendap von Rabenstrange, Teutonic Knight Templar
4 - Reis
5 - Steed
6 - Suirantes
7 - Boris as duke Edmund of Edimburg - subbed by Malurous
8 - The Split - subbed by Cak
9 - Cakarvati as unborn Henry V , King of England, France, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
10 - Taii as duke Jean Ier de Berry
11 - Nautilu
12 - Mr. G as Sir Gaulle - subbed by Telesien
13 - Randakar - subbed by Malurous
14 - Tamius as Lord von Navy-Blanket
15 - Snoopdog
16 - Falc
17 - Slinky

Sub List
1 -
2 -

Events

Night 0
On a bridge crossing the river Eure, a small ragged group runs Sir Slinky up, throws him down of his horse and stabs him multiple times.
Day 1
Sir Falc is thrown in a dungeon cell, never to be heard again.
Night 1
Sir Hdk is thrown out of window, 15 meter below.
Day 2
King Henry V leaves for Normandie.
Sir Suirantes dies fighting guards to avoid disappearing.
Night 2
Sir Snoop is found stabbed at the bottom of stairs.
Day 3
Sir Tamius is run down and thrown in the river Eure.
Night 3
Sir Randy aka Malurous gets killed by a fallen gargoyles of the Palace.
Day 4
Sir Adamus is tortured to death.
Night 4
Sir Rendap is poisonned during the night.
Day 5
Sirs Nautilu, Steed and Boris aka Malurous die in a general sword fight.
Night 5
Sir Telesien is killed with an axe.
Day 6
Sir Reis dies pierced in the heart by Taii's rapier.

Winner​

The villagers, in a close victory, namely,
8 - The Split - subbed by Cak
10 - Taii as duke Jean Ier de Berry​

Last edited:
Subscription limit remainst to be determined.

Should have enough time with a weeks vacation coming up!

IN as Rendap von Rabenstrange, Teutonic Knight Templar

don't forget a spot for the former Lite GM :)

Yeah, realised that just before seeing your post :p

also post links to this thread in former lite, current big, the thread to promote new games somewhere here and teh one in the OT :D

Neat, thanks for the advice.

Ooops, i thought i had removed the rules... i'll clean up, at least in the WW Big thread.

In

In as substitute based on how quickly I will die in the big game. I don't think I have enough time for two games at once.

In as Henry V , King of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France.

Notification from Charles VI Valois, King of France

Subscription deadline is set to tomorrow 19h00 (7:00pm) GMT.

In, I am sir Gaulle!

In as Duke Edmund of Edinburg

Thou art not the one called Blackadder, art thou?

Oh and will the fool who put my name up please get my titles correct. Thats Henry, King of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France. You see I have upgraded my Irish and Welch titles and am now claiming the throne of Scotland as is my right. I am also the Duke of Bordeaux and Normandie and the Count of Anjou and the Aquitaine. Dont make me bitch slap you with my gauntlet...

EDIT: What in gods name is 'Paradoxia'? Is this some peasant scum who attempts to mill about with his betters??? Dog I swear thou hath better explain this travesty to me, and be honest about it or thouth will hath felth the sting of my mailed gauntlet!:excl: