Werewolf Lite CCXXXII - Two dukes, that's one too many !

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am telling you now I am not a wolf.

The interesting thing about Taii is that he voted throwaway almost every time barring the Suir lynch when he voted first and couldnt have known with any certainty that a bandwagon could form.

On the other hand that isnt necessarily damning. There are possible explanations and he did kill Nautilu.

Reis on the other hand is the only one who of the survivors who didnt vote a wolf yesterday and he was online so he could have changed his vote as we know from Malurous' posts. This combined with Steeds energetic defense of Reis yesterday does make him look rather suspicious.

Reis argument that we cant trust Steeds defence is spurious at best. After all a day away from parity and a wolf is bound to get uppity if one of his packmates has been run up (nautilu) and there were calls for another to be run up (reis) leading to a possible double wolf lynching. At the end of the day it was his intelligent tie with Mal, thanks to the already present Reis vote which made the result more palatable for the wolves...

I wasn't online at deadline. If you can find evidence that claims otherwise... in fact, I am most confused about Malurous's statement, since I posted once at 10am GMT, then went to sleep (despite being GMT, this week I've been sleeping during days and working on a f****** univ project at night) and then only posted at 22:06, as you may verify here. Given that I know now Malurous is a villager, he either misread the timestamps of my posts, or purposefully lied in order to get the village to lynch me, which would have been the death of the village.

It might have been an alibi vote. Its interesting that neither of those parties chose to vote Reis again. Usually in these circumstances people will continue voting for the same person until a better target arises...

Not if they were wolves.

I was the one who singled Nautilu out and voted him. And no contrary to Reis crap theory I did not want to nor was unable to change my vote on him. Why would I be unable? Doesnt make sense. Hell Mal wouldve provided me with the perfect oppurtunity when he asked for the switch to Reis...

And you could have suspected it was a ploy to see if you would jump from Nautilu. No, I think this was a gambit, by Steed, taking into account Nautilu's inactivity, and his efforts to direct suspicion towards me, to hand over the game to you on a silver platter. Unfortunately for you, if Taiisatai stays with me, it will have failed.

Why would you alibi on a wolf on such a crucial day... I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking...

unvote Cakra
vote reis

I feel like the rope in a game of tug of war...

Seriously, Taii? Haven't you played enough WW in order to not rule that out as a very valid possibility? His vote on Nautilu could always change, but given that Steed would die, if he sniped Malurous or myself, it wouldn't give him parity, and would make him much more suspicious. No, he had everything to gain by sacrificing an inactive wolf, which couldn't contribute to the wolf victory. Killing Nautilu is something I would easily do if faced with this situation, he isn't going to help me win the game by staying alive, so he will help me win the game by dying at my hands. It's a no-brainer, isn't it?

Official votecount - 0,5 hour till deadline

Reis 2 - Cakravati #309 taii #315 #320
Cakravati 1 - Reis #310

Not voted: None

30px-Armoiries_Armagnac-Rodez.svg.png
Accounts by Charles VI Valois, King of France
30px-Blason_fr_Bourgogne.svg.png

The last remaining nobles gathered in the ball room. Two of them new, they still had to find one last assassin, while the assassin knew he needed to step carefully.

Tension hung in the air and beeds of sweat trickled down on many foreheads. Suddenly Sir Reis jumped into action and his rapier scraped Sir Cakravati's arm. Soon both noblemen were locked in a duel to death.
Sir Taii knew he had to do something. Too much was at stake here and not chosing sides was simply unacceptible. But whom to help? Both duelists had good arguments. "Kill him, he is the Orléanist," screamed Sir Reis. "No, kill him, he is the one who axed Sir Telesien," retorted Sir Cakravati.
Sir Taii finally sprung into action and Sir Cakravati had to use his dagger to parry the blade just mere inch from his throat. Everything seemed to be decided. But than Sir Taii noticed a strange smirk on Reis' face and realized, that the initial attack was too suspicious. No proof was given, no argument raised and despite any indication, the attack came swiftly and with conviction. That just didn't add up...

Not wanting to hasitate for another moment Sir Taii used the element of surprise to burry the blade of his rapier in Sir Reis' heart. Will the look on his face haunt his dreams forever or will he be proven right?

Sir Reis the Orléans Nobleman(Wolf) is lynched

No hunt happened

The game is over, villagers win! Congratulations to loyal royalists Taii and Cakravati.

Pretty much. However, if Steed had killed Nautilu instead of setting up for a massive tie it would have been three villagers on two wolves, and crucially they wouldn't have had everyone bar the wolf pack voting wolves.

Of course, I'm brutal like that.

Im such a fuckin beast bitches...! Before I came to life I, the entire wolfpack was alive. Now they iz ALL dead and the village is victorious! I turned this tie around like MJ in his prime!

Oh and now that the Duc D'Berry and I victorious we should form an alliance and retake the French throne from the usurper Comte D'Valois...

YAY VILLAGE! :D I'm so happy to see this since I kicked and screamed yesterday to make it possible (luckily, I admit).

This loss was on Nautilu. He didn't vote, when he just needed to vote for the villager and the wolves would have won.

The other two wolves did an excellent job and should have won.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Yes, Steed was pretty good all the time (for instance, very good behavioral stuff to correct mistakes etc.), but he left mistakes that were too damning lying in the thread and missed the opportunity yesterday - just do nothing immediately and snipe onto me to make a Mal-Naut tie for a wolf win (yes, I was ready to snipe back to Nautilu, part of the reason why I did what I did, but if he does it at ~:59:59 it doesn't matter). reis was honestly an exceptional wolf the first couple of days (if I'm a wolf in this game and I forget he's a packmate I hunt him because he's so goddamn goodie :D) but his final reasonings were utter crap, as I strongly pointed out, and thank heavens the remaining villagers noticed that. Being awesome early on doesn't help if you go for a total fail in the end.

And as you can see from yesterday, we had them all tabbed and it's only because of a disorganized village that they had the chance to win if Nautilu votes.

So yes, I should have been more aggressive yesterday. It's probably my fault that the Nautilu snipe option was still out there - if I had gone very aggressively for, say, my original first option Steed (and let people know of my feelings about reis and Nautilu to help them along the next day) I believe Cak and Taii would have followed along with telesien who voted for him anyway.

So to keep it short, it wasn't really on Nautilu - he could have won it for the wolves, yes, but he wasn't the reason it was so close. As I said reis played a really awesome game early on, but in the end this was on him. I still don't know why he reacted to my (high percentage but, since it missed, should-have-been-fatal) PM as he did. He destroyed the pack with the decision to go for me with some lackluster reasoning instead of just taking me under his wing :p and abusing me as the one villager they needed on their side.

He (correctly) analyzed my actions earlier by pointing to villager stupidity. But you know what? Villager stupidity apparently doesn't matter if the wolves offer the same stupidity, like, threefold.

Frankly, I think the wolves ended up thinking this is going to be easy as heck because us villagers totally sucked early on, and because of that they didn't pay their dues in the end to earn the win.

Heh.

So I was right all along. Just noone would listen to me. My arguments weren't solid enough, they said...

They weren't, though. And Mal and Cak based their argumentation against me on the fact that I was online at deadline and refused to change the vote, which was a complete lie. Of course, this is WW, so lying is just another tool to win, as long as you can get away with it.

One other thing, Snoop condemned himself when he tried to point the wolves to me, by saying I was a really bad lynch.

Malurous said:
So to keep it short, it wasn't really on Nautilu - he could have won it for the wolves, yes, but he wasn't the reason it was so close. As I said reis played a really awesome game early on, but in the end this was on him. I still don't know why he reacted to my (high percentage but, since it missed, should-have-been-fatal) PM as he did. He destroyed the pack with the decision to go for me with some lackluster reasoning instead of just taking me under his wing and abusing me as the one villager they needed on their side.

It wasn't my decision to go after you, all I wanted to do was to try to make a Steed - Mal race, which would have won us the game if Mal died, or if Mal and Steed both died, and at the same time distract from Steed's blunder, noting he wouldn't put up a hunt on the second guy (which was another mistake from the pack). I didn't knew Nautilu was going to be late, either, so all we would have needed was a fragmented villager vote to win. We achieved that.

I still rated my chances pretty good, I actually built a strong case against Cak today, but your damn lie about me being online, when I was not, and Taii's belief that selling out packmates who don't show up on the final days cannot be done, damned me.

Last edited:
They weren't, though. And Mal and Cak based their argumentation against me on the fact that I was online at deadline and refused to change the vote, which was a complete lie. Of course, this is WW, so lying is just another tool to win, as long as you can get away with it.

One other thing, Snoop condemned himself when he tried to point the wolves to me, by saying I was a really bad lynch.

So what if they weren't, they were correct!

Congrats to Mal for taking out Steed.

As for Reis, he made me suspicious with his behaviour towards Mal for that pm. It didnt make sense if he was a goodie...

Also Steed's resolute defence of him the day before didnt help.

On the balance of probabilities it was clear he was a wolf.

I did have some lingering suspicions of Taii because of his regular flip-flopping. It looked like a possible wolf who knew he had this game sewn up if he could just let the village kill themselves. But I know Taii from other games can be easily persuaded, and I attributed his flip-flopping to that. As I said on the balance of probability Reis was the likelier wolf by far. In addition to the points i made earlier he also made a poor defence of his actions made a poor argument against me...

So to conclude I agree with Mal's conclusion that the wolves got sloppy towards the end when they thought victory was in sight and screwed it up. It was Chelsea v Barcelona all over again, except I was the hero and got the result I wanted this time.:D:cool:

My dear Duc d'Berry. We are now as brothers having together survived this harrowing experience. It is to be expected that the two noblest men in the realm were the likeliest to survive. I think it is now time for you to consider ditching that mad pretender the Comte d'Valois and support my claim to the French throne. The rightful claim. And who knows do that which is righteous and perhaps god will shower you with gifts, such as the Duchy of Gascony...;)

What say you my Duke? The King is here all alone. This is the oppurtunity. Let us seize him now and deliver France from the curse of his madness. Do it for the people fo France mon ami!

My dear Duc d'Berry. We are now as brothers having together survived this harrowing experience. It is to be expected that the two noblest men in the realm were the likeliest to survive. I think it is now time for you to consider ditching that mad pretender the Comte d'Valois and support my claim to the French throne. The rightful claim. And who knows do that which is righteous and perhaps god will shower you with gifts, such as the Duchy of Gascony...;)

What say you my Duke? The King is here all alone. This is the oppurtunity. Let us seize him now and deliver France from the curse of his madness. Do it for the people fo France mon ami!

*Finishes mutilating the corpse of the King*

Sorry, what was that?

Would people be by chance interested in another lite game or would a small break be a better idea? I really don't know how it works here, if it is a continuous stream of games that people sometimes join and sometimes don't or if you get waves of activity followed by periods of inactivity...