META THREAD: Warlock Wishlist - Post ALL your Suggestions here...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Oblivious

Sergeant
57 Badges
Nov 20, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars II
Love the game. Thought it seemed like a modern version of Master of Magic, but it plays more like a revamped age of wonders. Have to say I REALLY disliked this engine when it was used on Civ 5, but this is a pretty fun game...still a little "too simple" for my taste though.

Ok so here's some issues/wishlist items thus far:

1) Diplomacy is terribly limited. Not alot of options for trade or resources for that matter.
2) Way too much lava in the game thus far. Is there any terrain altering spells that I just haven't discovered yet?
3) Would love to see some hero units or maybe a wizard avatar hero (like Master of Magic). Items for said heroes would be nice as well.
4) No diplomacy with independent cities (this is directly a result of number 1).
5) More races - seems to be 3 playable thus far, rat people, humans, etc.
6) AI is terrible at war. They throw all of their forces on defense and never attack. When they do it's with summoned units that never threaten. Granted this was not on the hardest setting yet so take that with a grain of salt.
7) Would lke to do some more terrain customization, like building roads.

That's all I got for now. Love this game though, it's a great value for the $20 that it cost on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second most of these as well.

though I haven't noticed too much lava myself, terraform spells would still be most welcome.

Would like to add;
1) adjacent units really need to have a swap position move like in CIV 5.
2) Naval units need to be able to pass through other neutral naval units.
3) I would really like the ability to move the map with, click + drag using the middle mouse button/scroll wheel.
4) hot-keys for sentry/fortify and a stop moving/go-to next unit button (like space bar?) (do these exist already? I would have thought there would be some)

minor things mostly, having much fun despite these small issues.

---
5) better in-game unit/building info (for ones you don't have yet)
Its great that you can R-click units to get their info, but what about when you want to decide which temple to build? which unit would you like the most? as far as I can tell there is no way to get the stats for the units until you can already build said units.
I hope I'm just missing something, because this one really is bugging me quite a bit at the moment.

erm, /End #5 rant.

Last edited:
7) Would like to do some more terrain customization, like building roads.

This one I can help you with. ;) Any city improvement that you build on a tile actually doubles as a road. Completely undocumented feature, but very useful.

(I only noticed this when a unit of warriors crossed a patch of swamp tiles in 2 turns instead of 6. :p)

Love the game. Thought it seemed like a modern version of Master of Magic, but it plays more like a revamped age of wonders. Have to say I REALLY disliked this engine when it was used on Civ 5, but this is a pretty fun game...still a little "too simple" for my taste though.

Ok so here's some issues/wishlist items thus far:

1) Diplomacy is terribly limited. Not alot of options for trade or resources for that matter.
2) Way too much lava in the game thus far. Is there any terrain altering spells that I just haven't discovered yet?
3) Would love to see some hero units or maybe a wizard avatar hero (like Master of Magic). Items for said heroes would be nice as well.
4) No diplomacy with independent cities (this is directly a result of number 1).
5) More races - seems to be 3 playable thus far, rat people, humans, etc.
6) AI is terrible at war. They throw all of their forces on defense and never attack. When they do it's with summoned units that never threaten. Granted this was not on the hardest setting yet so take that with a grain of salt.
7) Would lke to do some more terrain customization, like building roads.

That's all I got for now. Love this game though, it's a great value for the $20 that it cost on Steam.

???

...Have to say I REALLY disliked this engine when it was used on Civ 5, but this is a pretty fun game...

It is a strategy 4x-game, it was not built on the engine used for Civ V. From what I've read, it actually was based on the Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy.

I can see the similarities looks-wise myself, but I can also remember playing hexagon board games 30 years ago, it does not mean the Civ 5 uses their engine.

It has nothing to do with the Engine of Civ 5, though I believe the company did admit that they felt they need to make a call to Firaxis and have a conversation to make sure it wouldn't be a problem. It's out, so obviously it wasn't. 4x-hexagon based games are going to look like that, it is just that simple.

Kind of surprising how many people are confusing this. Different companies completely.

Kind of big thing, but I don't like the system were you do everything with LMB. Stop, archers! I didn't want you to go there, I wanted to select a city! Maybe option for movement with RMB?

When you attack with spell you can't see what damage will it inflict, I think.

When unit is on portal in the end of it's turn I'm asked if I want to go there even if he's got other orders.

Ability to build other temples on top of existing ones would be nice.

The fortify and heal abilities to work after you've moved a unit and the benefit scales with how many moves you have left.
The ability to carry on playing even though you might of lost.

Last edited:
1. What we definitely need is Warlockopedia. I want to to see stats of my Werwolfes. My empire covers a couple of continents, but who cares. Go and find one on the map and see the stats or go and find a city which produces one and see the stats there. :cool:
2. Then goes roads. Civ had them, Colonization had them, even MoM had them and every Jack and Jill has them.
3. We need a feature to stack combat units with settlers. Really useful.
4. Fortify button?:p

This game is fun but can be 100% better. And I already want to bash heads in multiplayer

I want to see a summary at the end of each succesful match:

- units produced / slain
- gold accumulated / spent
- mana accumulated / spent
- how many spells researched / cast
- percentage of map explored
- neutral units eliminated
- cities found

This all giving points ending in a bnice ladder!

Kind of big thing, but I don't like the system were you do everything with LMB. Stop, archers! I didn't want you to go there, I wanted to select a city! Maybe option for movement with RMB?

This is what I wish for most of all. I've also accidently moved a unit more than once, when I tried clicking on 'rest'.
I'm getting old and I think it's too late to rewire my brain, so I never remember clicking RMB when I'm done with a unit :)

Hotkeys and LMB select /RMB move/attack please.

We need automatic unit cycling.

Plus the ability to make a unit wait on a key press, sleep on a key press, and heal on a key press.

It's rather odd that it's not in the game.

Also the ability to swap positions, IE move into a unit's hex and have that unit move into the hex formally occupied by the first unit.

OT: I glanced at my icons and saw "Crusader Kings Holy Knight". What is that?

Why do Fire Elementals suffer from fire attacks?

Last edited:
1. Victory conditions: You should be able to enable/disable the type of victories allowed.
2. City spamming limitations: At the moment you are forced to spam cities in order to stay in the race.
3. Modding of building costs and city upkeep: I want to be able to play around with how much the buildings cost etc.
4. Ability to build endless of buildings in cities
5. More races.

Many of these things could be enabled/disabled before the game starts.

• Rebindable keyboard shortcuts
  • every button you can click should have a keyboard shortcut associated
  • City list with all the infos for your cities : pop, ressources, both building and unit queues(changeable on this list). Sortable on every column. Filterable (example: have a dropdown populated with all the units that can be produced in one of your cities. Then if you select say "veterans" the list will only display the cities able to produce veterans)
  • unit list with all the infos for the units and the ability to upgrade them, buy perks for them and have them defend/rest/sentry
  • ability to use 3 mouse buttons: left click to select, right click to act, middle click/drag to drag/pan the map (make it an option if you want to retain the left click interface for tablets ...)
  • ability to change the scrolling speed in the options

Status
Not open for further replies.