• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

calvinhobbeslik

Field Marshal
22 Badges
Nov 29, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
In my plan to conquer Europe as Germany, I wanted to grab the European portion of the Ottoman Empire, including Thrace. However, I have just reduced them to this configuration:
v2_122.jpg

and they won't move their capital to Ankara! I tag switched to them, and they don't even have the decision! Did they remove it in AHD, or do I have to conquer some more territory to get them to move it?

Edit: The game really doesn't want to increase my font size...

I never heard of countries moving their capital, I am not sure if that is even possible in Victoria 2. Unless Ottomans have some specific event for that, I don't think they can move their capital.

The Ottomans and the Russians both have an event to move their capital; for the Ottomans case I do believe it is they have to loose all their European holdings. If I'm seeing this right, there's still a piece of turkish land north of Greece?

The Ottomans and the Russians both have an event to move their capital; for the Ottomans case I do believe it is they have to loose all their European holdings. If I'm seeing this right, there's still a piece of turkish land north of Greece?

Yeah, I was going to take that, but my Jingoism was barely creeping up and my truce with Russia was about to run out.

Edit: Does that mean I have to take the Ottoman Aegean Islands?

I would also remove any puppets they have, just in case.

The only triggers are:

- Current capital is Constantinople

- Holds Ankara

- Not a Great Power

- Does not hold Burgas, Stara Zagora and Dedeagatch (which involves then not having Rumelia and East Macedonia)

It then takes about a month to trigger.

Reactions:
i was told that you need the province just south of thrace that is on the Asia part. Then it gets he event to move? i could be wrong. i would take all their European holdings though :)

Like I said, it is an event, not a decision. Look in the events folder.

Wait, to the Turks are FORCED to move their capital, but the Russians can CHOOSE whether or not to do so?

Edit: I found it in the events folder, but the only requirements are that they don't own 3 provinces(presumably the European ones bordering Thrace)...maybe they DID move their capital, and I didn't get a message for that?

Indeed, check for the red circle in Ankara. I named the needed provinces above for you. There are no fireworks that go off when it happens, so it is easy to miss.

Yes, the Turks are forced to move it- it is a purely negative event for them.