• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how i can cast more spells per round (i know there is a one perk)? is there some special buildings? now its usually 2 lesser spells, or 1 major+1lesser if i chose casting (+20%) perk... even if im in mid game... its annoing last time i have about 800mana but can cast only this crap per round. :D
i have a feeling im not building something..

A later spell can be researched called Agile Mind I believe that will double your casting speed of future spells, takes 2-3 turns to cast agile mind but unless it gets dispelled off of you will remain throughout the rest of the game for a 10 mana upkeep cost.

Happened to me the first time I used teleportation. You do not select the unit, you select the destination; if you select an occupied hex (which is what happens when you click on a unit) it will teleport to an adjacent hex instead. The spell works on whatever unit is currently selected.

Select unit->cast teleport->select destination

If you cast teleport without thinking then you will be stuck teleporting whatever unit you currently have selected (not sure what happens if you cast at start of turn before selecting a unit, but probably works on the last unit you had selected at the end of your last turn).

The first city to grow big enough to claim the tiles permanently gains ownership of them. This really disappointed me since my food city had a gold mine that overlapped with my gold city, but the gold city was built several turns later so it was shut out.

Levitation is one of the more expensive unit enchantments but it makes them fliers. Its probably the most useful spell in the game.

Mmmh, thanks.

Now I just have to work out (or rather find a link to someone who has already worked out) how the spell tech tree works to rush levitation.

Got to throw my Old Trolls at my enemys army of dragons.

What are the check boxes attached to some building in the construction queue?

It means you've already built one somewhere. Those buildings tend to give your units perks. If you build the unit in the city with the structure, the perks is on the unit for free, otherwise you have to pay gold to add the perks as an upgrade to a unit.

So you don't NEED more than one but sometimes it might be beneficial if you have specific cities dedicated to cranking out yoru beefiest (including perks) units.

however, sometimes you want to build certain buildings many times, a good example is the bat fort, vampire mansion and so on for undead as they lead to further higher tech units and research

The first city to grow big enough to claim the tiles permanently gains ownership of them. This really disappointed me since my food city had a gold mine that overlapped with my gold city, but the gold city was built several turns later so it was shut out.

The developers seemed to have stuck in a prearranged tiebreaker in that if you build two cities in the same turn the one you lay down first that turn gets a growth bonus (as though building the second one gave the first one built that turn a turn's worth of growth). I am guessing that if you put down a third in the same turn it will add a turn's growth to both the first and second ones that were built that turn. Not sure what happens if through some growth spell you manage to get two cities overlapping to grow to encompass common hexes on the same turn.

EDIT - ignore the part about tiebreaking, I misunderstood the tile claim mechanic; but the part about bonus growth when building multiple cities in the same turn applies none the less

Last edited:
Happened to me the first time I used teleportation. You do not select the unit, you select the destination; if you select an occupied hex (which is what happens when you click on a unit) it will teleport to an adjacent hex instead. The spell works on whatever unit is currently selected.

Select unit->cast teleport->select destination

If you cast teleport without thinking then you will be stuck teleporting whatever unit you currently have selected (not sure what happens if you cast at start of turn before selecting a unit, but probably works on the last unit you had selected at the end of your last turn).

Ah, thanks man. Can't wait to try it out.

Quick Questions - Quick Answers

Several other forums have a QQ/QA thread, so I guess warlock could use one, too.

I'll start:
(1) Where can I find a list of useable hotkeys? I checked the manual, but unless I am blind I could not find them.

(2) Is there any way to display ressource icons on the map (like in CIV)?

however, sometimes you want to build certain buildings many times, a good example is the bat fort, vampire mansion and so on for undead as they lead to further higher tech units and research

I do not understand this logic. I still do not see why you should build more than one of these types of buildings. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying I do not understand what you posted. Please explain.

I think what would be the correct way of approaching this is that each city should be dedicated to follow each of these 'lines' of tech. For example, one would follow the Vampire tech, another the whatever tech.., Kind of like spreading the burden to all of the cities of following the techs. I could be wrong, I am still thinking about this.

Right now, none of us need to really figure this out because the AI is so weak. But if this goes multiplayer, then we will need to know the answer to this.