+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions/Quick answers

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is there a way to attack and avoid occupying the defeated unit's hex?

What does +x% Power mean?

As an example, I had a Hunter (archer) unit. Early on he acquired +20% Missile. LAter he had the option for +20% Power. What is the difference between those two?

Power seems to refer to combat power ... which in the case of this archer is of type Missile. Unless, Missile is only usable on attack when making a ranged attack?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Missile is a type of damage. A unit can have a whole bunch of different ones (though not missile + melee, usually one of the two).

For instance, with enough buffs you can have melee+life+elemental damage.

Power presumably increases the power of the unit regardless of his damage type.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaman View Post
    Is there a way to attack and avoid occupying the defeated unit's hex?
    Not with melee, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
    if you have a bonus giving building in any city then you can buy the bonus for units built outside the city (the Smithy bonus for example costs 30 gold per unit).
    How do you equip a specific unit with a bonus, when you have the proper building ? For example : How do you equip a unit with a better armour ?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMage View Post
    How do you equip a specific unit with a bonus, when you have the proper building ? For example : How do you equip a unit with a better armour ?
    There is a little golden arrow next to the unit portrait.

Note that upgrades only apply to certain classes of units. Note also that units built in the city that has the building get those upgrades for free.

Is there a "keep playing after winning" option (I haven't finished a match yet) / will this be added in the future?

Murteas - Every time the population increases you can build a building. When you look at the current population number there is a circle which shows progress to next level; dark green is portion already filled, light green is the portion added this turn and the white gap is what remains after. So if you see nothing but dark green in the circle with a wedge of light green then you will get a new building next turn. The size of the light green wedge gives you a visual sign as to how many more turns you will need to get next population level.

Movement costs and combat effects of different terrain types are not listed anywhere to my knowledge.

Kimarous - no. It may be added in a patch; there is a lot of talk of adding options for how the game ends when multiplayer is added.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

+ x% power refers to all the attack types that unit is capable of making. + power is just a way of improving the unit overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
    Murteas - Every time the population increases you can build a building. When you look at the current population number there is a circle which shows progress to next level; dark green is portion already filled, light green is the portion added this turn and the white gap is what remains after. So if you see nothing but dark green in the circle with a wedge of light green then you will get a new building next turn. The size of the light green wedge gives you a visual sign as to how many more turns you will need to get next population level.
    I dont understand the system of growth: What are the factors of city grow? How can you raise the growing? Any difference with undeads?
    "By God's blood, thy father slew mine, and so will I do thee and all thy kin."
    The Lancastrian Lord Clifford, on the slaying of Yorkist Edmund, Earl of Rutland, during the Battle of Wakefield, 30 December 1460.

Does anyone know what the max city radius is? I am assuming 2 like a civ game but am not sure. Also when do the cities go from radius 1 to 2? I have a bunch of 1 radius cities that just will not grow.

Quote Originally Posted by ranma100 View Post
    Does anyone know what the max city radius is? I am assuming 2 like a civ game but am not sure. Also when do the cities go from radius 1 to 2? I have a bunch of 1 radius cities that just will not grow.
    Population of 5 gives radius of 2. That's also a prerequisite of building the settlers.

Population of 10 gives radius of 3. That's maximum radius in this game.

Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zghuk View Post
    I dont understand the system of growth: What are the factors of city grow? How can you raise the growing? Any difference with undeads?
    As far as I can tell, it's fixed. But I researched a +35 pop growth city spell yesterday, so that's one way of raising it. I am not aware of any buildings that can do the same.
    Gentlemen! You can't fight in here - this is the War-room!

I did noticed that citiy growth decreases steadily after it's being built, by maybe 1-2 people each turn.

Quote Originally Posted by murteas View Post
    How do I tell what population I need for a new building to be built? I keep getting not enough population to build this messages.
    Other posters already answered, but I'll add that you don't actually have to keep checking your production queue, like you would do on other similar games. When a population unit is available, you'll have an alert (the icons on the right of the screen) that will prompt you to choose a new building.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveThe Showdown EffectMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubWar of the Vikings

Where are the Savegames?
    Ain't in the usual places...

edit: NVM found them..

how i can cast more spells per round (i know there is a one perk)? is there some special buildings? now its usually 2 lesser spells, or 1 major+1lesser if i chose casting (+20%) perk... even if im in mid game... its annoing last time i have about 800mana but can cast only this crap per round.
    i have a feeling im not building something..

Only that one perk that I know of, never seen a building that allows it, would be nice though - I have over 1000 mana; been going on a ghost wolf casting spree I will have to spam those things the rest of the game to get my mana down.

Thank you for the help. Makes sense. I guess i need to be way more careful in what I build, as I can only build a limited amount of stuff. Good to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast