• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you get an avatar to appear to "defeat an avatar"? I've been playing a game to 209 turns now, everything explored and defeated and still no avatar. I've built cities on all holy spots and built temples for mostly the same god so one god has 99% hatred of me. Is there something else I should be doing? I've only selected the "Defeat an Avatar" win condition so playing this scenario is now useless and boring with nothing to do, with no avatar to defeat.

How do you get an avatar to appear to "defeat an avatar"? I've been playing a game to 209 turns now, everything explored and defeated and still no avatar. I've built cities on all holy spots and built temples for mostly the same god so one god has 99% hatred of me. Is there something else I should be doing? I've only selected the "Defeat an Avatar" win condition so playing this scenario is now useless and boring with nothing to do, with no avatar to defeat.

It's random. Once you have one god pissed off enough at you, the game has a random chance every round to give you the quest to kill that god's avatar (and spawn it). However, this can take quite a bit, and is entirely luck based.

It's random. Once you have one god pissed off enough at you, the game has a random chance every round to give you the quest to kill that god's avatar (and spawn it). However, this can take quite a bit, and is entirely luck based.
This makes me very sad. I've played this wonderful game for 410 hours with many of those games having a "defeat an avatar" win condition and never have I seen a god's avatar being spawned. It's obviously not set to happen often enough.
Developer: Is there a cheat code you can give me to make this happen so I can see it once? I deserve this after all this effort, don't I? I really love this game but not enough to keep playing a game that is fully explored and conquered just waiting for a specific random event.

This makes me very sad. I've played this wonderful game for 410 hours with many of those games having a "defeat an avatar" win condition and never have I seen a god's avatar being spawned. It's obviously not set to happen often enough.
Developer: Is there a cheat code you can give me to make this happen so I can see it once? I deserve this after all this effort, don't I? I really love this game but not enough to keep playing a game that is fully explored and conquered just waiting for a specific random event.

I don't think there are any cheat codes. We have the stuff in the modding forum, but that's about it. Don't know what you can make happen with that.

I usually don't have problems getting an Avatar up though. Just max rep with one avatar and wait.

I agree. Currently playing a game as well where I'm just waiting for the Avatar of Lunord to show up...
It should really be a set amount of turns, in my opinion.

100 rep with Helia. -99 Rep with Lunord. Has been for the past twenty-thirty turns or so. I'm building a temple of Helia on every Holy Site I get my hands on, and have about fifteen now...

Cant remember that far back or if it was fixed but Im sure this is a known/issue. Im pretty sure a few people reported this. But cant remember if it was patched. :(

100 rep with Helia. -99 Rep with Lunord. Has been for the past twenty-thirty turns or so.
In my game, it's 100 rep with Agrela, -99 rep with Krypta, for at least twenty turns now.
@ 2Coats. Was the known issue with a particular god?

EDIT: I just looked up previous posts and saw two references to previous issues. This certainly is a long standing issue with not being able to get a reputation to -100 which triggers the avatar. I had not realized that's what does it. So just waiting will never make it happen. Looks like it has not been fixed. So sad....

Last edited:
In my game, it's 100 rep with Agrela, -99 rep with Krypta, for at least twenty turns now.
@ 2Coats. Was the known issue with a particular god?

EDIT: I just looked up previous posts and saw two references to previous issues. This certainly is a long standing issue with not being able to get a reputation to -100 which triggers the avatar. I had not realized that's what does it. So just waiting will never make it happen. Looks like it has not been fixed. So sad....

Have you tried building a temple to a god right next to the one you built the other temples for (on the "God relation overview" i mean)? Maybe that helps? It's just a random idea though... ;)

Have you tried building a temple to a god right next to the one you built the other temples for (on the "God relation overview" i mean)? Maybe that helps? It's just a random idea though... ;)
Unfortunately, my game is fully explored so building new temples is not so easy. I suppose I could destroy old ones and build new ones. I've read the old threads where others have tried that with limited success. If that's the workaround involving building other temples and then more original temples again, it's too much of a hassle for me and it makes no sense. I'll wait for the next version of Warlock (as long as it works in that version!). Thanks anyway. Perhaps someone else has the patience to fiddle around with this workaround to find a definitive solution.