• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What does +x% Power mean?

As an example, I had a Hunter (archer) unit. Early on he acquired +20% Missile. LAter he had the option for +20% Power. What is the difference between those two?

Power seems to refer to combat power ... which in the case of this archer is of type Missile. Unless, Missile is only usable on attack when making a ranged attack?

Missile is a type of damage. A unit can have a whole bunch of different ones (though not missile + melee, usually one of the two).

For instance, with enough buffs you can have melee+life+elemental damage.

Power presumably increases the power of the unit regardless of his damage type.

Is there a way to attack and avoid occupying the defeated unit's hex?
Not with melee, no.

How do you equip a specific unit with a bonus, when you have the proper building ? For example : How do you equip a unit with a better armour ?

There is a little golden arrow next to the unit portrait.

Note that upgrades only apply to certain classes of units. Note also that units built in the city that has the building get those upgrades for free.

Murteas - Every time the population increases you can build a building. When you look at the current population number there is a circle which shows progress to next level; dark green is portion already filled, light green is the portion added this turn and the white gap is what remains after. So if you see nothing but dark green in the circle with a wedge of light green then you will get a new building next turn. The size of the light green wedge gives you a visual sign as to how many more turns you will need to get next population level.

Movement costs and combat effects of different terrain types are not listed anywhere to my knowledge.

+ x% power refers to all the attack types that unit is capable of making. + power is just a way of improving the unit overall.

Murteas - Every time the population increases you can build a building. When you look at the current population number there is a circle which shows progress to next level; dark green is portion already filled, light green is the portion added this turn and the white gap is what remains after. So if you see nothing but dark green in the circle with a wedge of light green then you will get a new building next turn. The size of the light green wedge gives you a visual sign as to how many more turns you will need to get next population level.

I dont understand the system of growth: What are the factors of city grow? How can you raise the growing? Any difference with undeads?

Does anyone know what the max city radius is? I am assuming 2 like a civ game but am not sure. Also when do the cities go from radius 1 to 2? I have a bunch of 1 radius cities that just will not grow.

Does anyone know what the max city radius is? I am assuming 2 like a civ game but am not sure. Also when do the cities go from radius 1 to 2? I have a bunch of 1 radius cities that just will not grow.

Population of 5 gives radius of 2. That's also a prerequisite of building the settlers.

Population of 10 gives radius of 3. That's maximum radius in this game.

I dont understand the system of growth: What are the factors of city grow? How can you raise the growing? Any difference with undeads?

As far as I can tell, it's fixed. But I researched a +35 pop growth city spell yesterday, so that's one way of raising it. I am not aware of any buildings that can do the same.

How do I tell what population I need for a new building to be built? I keep getting not enough population to build this messages.

Other posters already answered, but I'll add that you don't actually have to keep checking your production queue, like you would do on other similar games. When a population unit is available, you'll have an alert (the icons on the right of the screen) that will prompt you to choose a new building.

how i can cast more spells per round (i know there is a one perk)? is there some special buildings? now its usually 2 lesser spells, or 1 major+1lesser if i chose casting (+20%) perk... even if im in mid game... its annoing last time i have about 800mana but can cast only this crap per round. :D
i have a feeling im not building something..

Only that one perk that I know of, never seen a building that allows it, would be nice though - I have over 1000 mana; been going on a ghost wolf casting spree I will have to spam those things the rest of the game to get my mana down.

Reactions: