+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions/Quick answers

Quick questions/Quick answers

Every game needs a thread like this!..

I'll start off with: How does the 'Unity spell' victory condition work? I just played a game where I ran out of spells to research, but no 'Unity' spell came up.. what gives?
    'Whoever conquers a free city and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.'

What does "passability" refer to? Example: Beast - Passability: Dense

Quote Originally Posted by Profanicus View Post
    What does "passability" refer to? Example: Beast - Passability: Dense
    It means the unit suffers no movement penalty (at forests in the dense case)

Dunno about the unity spell, maybe it was removed and is to be added with a patch when they solve issues with it? Just an educated guess.

----

Question: How do I demolish buildings already finished, clicking on them seems to only deactivate them for one turn
    Some answers here:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hing-buildings
    Last edited by xiwi; 09-05-2012 at 03:55.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoGuL View Post
    Every game needs a thread like this!..

I'll start off with: How does the 'Unity spell' victory condition work? I just played a game where I ran out of spells to research, but no 'Unity' spell came up.. what gives?
    It's not in there, yet. It's one of the multiple ways to win option. Expected to be added as a patch, with multiplayer. No stated date for arrival at this point.

I have a quest to build a shrine to a god, but I don't know how to do that. All it says is that it can be built in a human city, but none of them have it as an option to build. How do I build it?

You need a special resource tile to build it on (Holy Ground I think it is called).

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
    You need a special resource tile to build it on (Holy Ground I think it is called).
    Thanks!

Does unit attack strength mean "total" or "per figure"? And does it change when figures die in unit?

It's total. I am not 100% sure, but I think a unit does full damage even with 1 hitpoint left..
    'Whoever conquers a free city and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.'

Quote Originally Posted by ShoGuL View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but I think a unit does full damage even with 1 hitpoint left..
    I don't think this is true. While the damage reported in the unit view doesn't change, the "projected" damage when you mouse over an enemy does. There have been numerous times where the projected damage goes up if I heal the unit. I've also seen projected enemy damage to me decrease if I pummel them with ranged attacks first.

I don't think it increases per figure, seems more like it's based on relative health. Not sure though.

Does the terrain surrounding a city (apart from special resources) affect anything, like population growth or construction speeds?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nathan... no.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I take that back. There are some tiles you cannot build upon, but other than that... not .... yet

Sforzesco - definitely unit health remaining affects damage delivered. Same is true with cities, when they are weak their ranged attack is weaker as well (and when they are at 0 they lose their attack).

What is required to build a settler in a town?

MagickaMajesty 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Prise View Post
    What is required to build a settler in a town?
    At least town level 3 !

I thought it was town level 5 (one size bigger radius than starting town).

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveThe Showdown EffectMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubWar of the Vikings

Do Buildings like the Smithy built in another City give Bonuses to creatures recruited in a different one?

No, they do not (not for free anyway). But if you have a bonus giving building in any city then you can buy the bonus for units built outside the city (the Smithy bonus for example costs 30 gold per unit).

How do I tell what population I need for a new building to be built? I keep getting not enough population to build this messages.

Also, is there a way to see what the effects of a hex are before moving into it (i.e. forests give what protection, hills, etc.)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast