• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tend to be pretty on-topic. When the thread is about whether or not France is underpowered (by itself or relative to other countries), I'd stick with the general flow of ideas instead of going all RAAAWWRRRR I EAT HRE AUSTRIA/BOHEMIA/BURGUNDY FOR BREAKFAST!!! :)

Well i do like to show my achievments, like everybody. Not like i got too much offtopic.

I see... That's how the lefties work. :)

You know, left wing is synonim for a wrongwing in my personal language. If there is right wing, it surely mean there must be wrong wing. And being wrong, is being fool. So that was not much of complement saying you are leftwing.

Yeah, I'd say Bohemia does persistently blob and can become quite unmanageable without player intervention. One of the main factors is that it can just cut through Poland, Lithuania, and Russia faster than German panzers rolling over hussars. Given that the Polish provinces are quite rich, it can become enormously powerful just by winning the first few wars in the east.

Well i agree, bohemia is the new france in the game now. Problem is polish AI never pays tribute to GH until its too late(until it kills itself, and get owned by everyone around, and lose their PU with lithuania).

Well i do like to show my achievments, like everybody. Not like i got too much offtopic.
It was very much off-topic, which is why I advised you to write this in an AAR thread instead.

You know, left wing is synonim for a wrongwing in my personal language. If there is right wing, it surely mean there must be wrong wing. And being wrong, is being fool. So that was not much of complement saying you are leftwing.
Ooookay. Left-wing is the "wrong"-wing and right-wing is... err... the "right"-wing. Gotcha.

Well i agree, bohemia is the new france in the game now. Problem is polish AI never pays tribute to GH until its too late(until it kills itself, and get owned by everyone around, and lose their PU with lithuania).
This happened with or without TGH owning Eastern Europe early on. Bohemia would, in fact, unfailing slay any Polish, Lithuanian, or Russian snakes that span from Danzig to Ordos.

It was very much off-topic, which is why I advised you to write this in an AAR thread instead.

Ooookay. Left-wing is the "wrong"-wing and right-wing is... err... the "right"-wing. Gotcha.

This happened with or without TGH owning Eastern Europe early on. Bohemia would, in fact, unfailing slay any Polish, Lithuanian, or Russian snakes that span from Danzig to Ordos.

No way. Bohemia, even with imperial title, can muster max 40k, without expansion, and only little more with it. Poland inheriting lithuania, can easily make like 80k. If it ate GH land = more than 200k troops. Bohemia would need to like inherit austria and conquer whole hungary to be able to fight it. Or form HRE which is like clicking "Win" button, but i don't think it would be able to do so. And bohemia tends to lose it's Imperial title to austria and burgundy. By the fact poland is nerfed, it makes bohemia holy roman empire too powerfull. For experiment : Start game with poland, pay tribute to golden horde, tag switch, to any country that should not interfere on what bohemia or poland do, and see what will happen. I am almost sure, that poland will easily dominate over bohemia(Unless it lose it's PU with lithuania).

You do know that Bohemia likes to expand too and does not sit on its de jure territory for long... In this game, I had a snaking Poland that ate through the hordes and it got shamelessly bullied by a HRE Bohemia that had eaten up Hungary.

Europe (Yes, that's Bohemia after bullying Poland a few times):
7174535754_dab6d91c68.jpg

Asia:
7174540170_44817d3c24.jpg

Army:
7174537872_1a51a562af.jpg

The main reason for Poland losing is largely that it's way behind in tech and the Eastern tech troops simply get slaughtered by Latin troops. I had a war with Poland in that time period too and its troops simply melted in my presence even though I was naval and took none of the land NI's.

The AI doesn't know how to defend their own terrain. They either siege enemy provinces or attack enemy armies, never sit on their own terrain to defend. Thus Spain can't defend itself since they either counterattack against enemies besieging their mountain provinces or try fighting in the flatlands, where they're outnumbered. I think an army besieging a province shouldn't get defensive bonuses from terrain.

Hence: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...meland-Defense-Suggestions&highlight=Homeland

Left and Right wing are terms dealing with the political spectrum. Whatever you are trying to say with that tautological statement of yours, I assume you were confused on this.

You do know that Bohemia likes to expand too and does not sit on its de jure territory for long... In this game, I had a snaking Poland that ate through the hordes and it got shamelessly bullied by a HRE Bohemia that had eaten up Hungary.

Europe (Yes, that's Bohemia after bullying Poland a few times):
7174535754_dab6d91c68.jpg

Asia:
7174540170_44817d3c24.jpg

Army:
7174537872_1a51a562af.jpg

The main reason for Poland losing is largely that it's way behind in tech and the Eastern tech troops simply get slaughtered by Latin troops. I had a war with Poland in that time period too and its troops simply melted in my presence even though I was naval and took none of the land NI's.

Reason - poland did not inherited lithuania. Nor owns TO.

Left and Right wing are terms dealing with the political spectrum. Whatever you are trying to say with that tautological statement of yours, I assume you were confused on this.

I am not confused. There is one center, right. All around it is wrong. Even confucius sad so. Not that i like confucius teachings. But this comes from logic.

In my games France usually gets blobbed over by the righteous fury of Burgundy. My last game as Holland, Burgundy minus a few french minors and Brittany extended all the way down til Aragon was a releasable state. France as an independent nation ceased to exist.

So, I agree that France may be a little too nerfed.

In my games France usually gets blobbed over by the righteous fury of Burgundy. My last game as Holland, Burgundy minus a few french minors and Brittany extended all the way down til Aragon was a releasable state. France as an independent nation ceased to exist.

So, I agree that France may be a little too nerfed.

The France in my current game is down to one province, and is a vassal of England. (OK, I had a hand in it, but not much of one. I was HRE, came to the defense of Provence, and smacked them around once - in about 1405, or about 90 years ago. The rest of it has been their own stupidity. Lots of French minors currently, mostly not OPMs, even after England ate Brittany and Normandy.)

This is extreme even for the tend of my games, in which France tends not to prosper.

The France in my current game is down to one province, and is a vassal of England. (OK, I had a hand in it, but not much of one. I was HRE, came to the defense of Provence, and smacked them around once - in about 1405, or about 90 years ago. The rest of it has been their own stupidity. Lots of French minors currently, mostly not OPMs, even after England ate Brittany and Normandy.)

This is extreme even for the tend of my games, in which France tends not to prosper.
I am sure a lot of us can post up DW saves where there's a big France winning a war against a pan-European coalition.

And TBH, A.I. England is also underpowered and often gets balkanized.

Have you seen that happening with A.I.? You know... try a hands-off game with Poland and Lithuania modded to pay 0.1 gold tribute to TGH and see what happens.

Well as i sad, biggest poland problem is GH. Bohemia is not much of a threat, nor any of rest of neighbours. In IN, poland when inherited Lithuania it pretty much owned the western europe, sometimes eating also bohemia, or even austria. Bohemia can only expand in hungary without attacking poland, unless it expand thru PU's. Poland can just expand anywhere (TO, hungary, HRE, Russia, balkans, and even GH after inheriting lithuania).

France never does well in my games, and I suspect it's because I play with lucky nations off.

That's interesting, as I also play with lucky nations off, and France hardly ever does well.

Ditto me. My observations are based on lucky nations off.