• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, I thought only "destroy_random_building = yes" existed, which let you destroy buildings randomly. Can you actually target a specific building/kind of building to destroy?

If so, could you please post the syntax? And if not, Meneth, please add that to the list of suggestions if possible :D

cabe- just did a little experiment with this:
Code:
decisions = {
	temp = {
		potential = {
			ai = no
		}
		allow = {
		}		
		effect = {
			b_kings_landing = {
				remove_building = ct_asoiaf_crown_basevalue_6
			}
		}
	}
}

which works :D this will be most useful...

cabe- just did a little experiment with this:
Code:
decisions = {
	temp = {
		potential = {
			ai = no
		}
		allow = {
		}		
		effect = {
			b_kings_landing = {
				remove_building = ct_asoiaf_crown_basevalue_6
			}
		}
	}
}

which works :D this will be most useful...
Indeed! :) Sneaky devs, hiding perfectly useful commands like that... :D

I'd like them to add the option to export lots of details about successful or unsuccessful plots, and romantic liaisons. I'd love to see an export of all player-related plots and deaths, who backed the plots, who the wife slept with. There is so much going on which, right now, I think the player can never see. There are good game reasons for restricting the player's knowledge to what the character actually knows, but there are good Modding reasons (AARs in particular) for permitting the player to know more than the character.

Call it the Fog of Death, and allow us to lift it.

I'd like them to add the option to export lots of details about successful or unsuccessful plots, and romantic liaisons. I'd love to see an export of all player-related plots and deaths, who backed the plots, who the wife slept with. There is so much going on which, right now, I think the player can never see. There are good game reasons for restricting the player's knowledge to what the character actually knows, but there are good Modding reasons (AARs in particular) for permitting the player to know more than the character.

Call it the Fog of Death, and allow us to lift it.
I think that might make more sense as an entirely separate suggestion of its own, or as one in the Wishlist thread, as it has more to do with AAR and storytelling and such than to do with modding.

I think that might make more sense as an entirely separate suggestion of its own, or as one in the Wishlist thread, as it has more to do with AAR and storytelling and such than to do with modding.

Largely true, but I believe it's currently impossible to know, and therefore act on, participation in a discovered plot. So adding a trigger for such a thing would be a mod issue, though it might not be that important. I think that if someone joins in a rebellion that's good cause for arrest, but right now being discovered in the murder of the former King is not.

Hey, new to the forum, but not to CK2 or modding it on my own. I may simply not be aware how to do some things, so let me know, but here are some things I'd suggest:

1. Split the landed_titles.txt into individual files within its own separate folder. Each file would represent each top level title (e_byzantine or k_italy), a separate titular file, etc. This is more for ease of organization and quicker loading and getting to what you want than digging through a large single file.

2. Add the ability to define the percentage of titles needed to own in order to create a higher level title. I believe it is hardcoded to 50%? This would allow me to define certain duchies/kingdoms require you own all or maybe 75% of its provinces to create it, while setting another to a higher or lesser threshold.

3. World Designer! Alright, this may be more an expansion or DLC, but I would love it. An GUI utility to create new maps, quickly and easily add/edit the provinces and terrain, and creating all necessary additions and alterations to game files for you. Paint in a new province, input text details, link to duchies/kingdoms, and utility saves this information across the relevant files. Of course this would negate the need of my #1 suggestion.

4. Define frequency, number and type of randomly generated characters that join courts. I'd prefer to disable it altogether in my game, so the only way new characters emerge is through birth, creating new vassal button or hiring a noble/debutante.

Last edited:
To be honest I'd really like a little define or something telling the game to stop playable realms getting republican government types.

Hey, new to the forum, but not to CK2 or modding it on my own. I may simply not be aware how to do some things, so let me know, but here are some things I'd suggest:

1. Split the landed_titles.txt into individual files within its own separate folder. Each file would represent each top level title (e_byzantine or k_italy), a separate titular file, etc. This is more for ease of organization and quicker loading and getting to what you want than digging through a large single file.

2. Add the ability to define the percentage of titles needed to own in order to create a higher level title. I believe it is hardcoded to 50%? This would allow me to define certain duchies/kingdoms require you own all or maybe 75% of its provinces to create it, while setting another to a higher or lesser threshold.

3. World Designer! Alright, this may be more an expansion or DLC, but I would love it. An GUI utility to create new maps, quickly and easily add/edit the provinces and terrain, and creating all necessary additions and alterations to game files for you. Paint in a new province, input text details, link to duchies/kingdoms, and utility saves this information across the relevant files. Of course this would negate the need of my #1 suggestion.

4. Define frequency, number and type of randomly generated characters that join courts. I'd prefer to disable it altogether in my game, so the only way new characters emerge is through birth, creating new vassal button or hiring a noble/debutante.
Added 1 and 2.
For number 4, when exactly are randomly generated characters added to the game?

Well, I'm already posting, so there's no need to "+1"
I have some more technical requests and a, well, a dream :p

1. I don't know how feasible this is, but it would be REALLY nice if one could link "gameplay" things with graphical things. use the conditions, modifiers, factors, and all those things present in event modding(I admit it's not my area of expertise) and implement it in art assets and all. It's used in music and portrait modding (if character is imprisoned, use the prison bars image), but it would be nice if could be implemented in the UI so you could have UIs change according to culture, religion, leader attributes, or even date(make a more renaissance UI in 1400) etc. useful to make game more immersive, OR you could also make a more dynamic cityscreen where you could actually see your constructed buildings (think Heroes of might and magic series). Also implement it to 3D models-- like making buildings change with epochs and city size, for example.

2.I noticed that CK2 uses normal maps/bumpmaps and specular maps in some models. the first to make 2D surfaces look 3D, and the other to make reflection and "bloom"-like things. I don't know how it works in the 3D filetype Paradox is using, but one can use a hex editor to change textures. I can change the western buildings textures to a new "soutern" texture (yeah, not southern-- must have the same number of characters), and make a new texture for the building. But most buildings don't have a normal map assigned in their files, not even a 1 pixel placeholder, so it's impossible to create a normal map for them. It would be awesome if you could make so that every model have a normal map. just a placeholder normal map so that we can modify it ourselves. :)
On the specular maps, I would like some info on how they work: they just made my church building darker, instead of making it shiny and do bloomy effects :)

3. When I modded Victoria 2, soldiers used an easy-to-mod attachment system, so that I could put, in an absurd example, a dreadnought as a soldiers' hat, while using the Eiffel tower as his weapon. It would be nice to see this system in buildings, so that I can "combine" buildings.

-My dream is kind of difficult, perhaps something to be considered in future Paradox games. But I would LOVE to mod the 3D models and animations, that graphical part of the game. Unfortunately, the 3D format the game uses is unmoddable. I doubt that making an export/import tool would be easy right now, and i don't know if there's any licensing issues the filetype Paradox is using. But in the future, please consider to make the 3D models more open to modding.

The possibilities of an open 3D model are incredible: think on all fantasy mods, or mods that focus on other areas of the world (like China, India, America, etc). From Unit sprites( Useful for both fantasy and historical mods, like putting elephants, or chinese soldiers), to Building models ( very important to more immersion), to little details in the map (like, say putting wonders or important buildings in some areas of the map (like how Rome Total War had, IIRC), to edit the map's flora (say, bamboo trees in China)...
Perhaps it would also make the games look better if 3D models can be improved, even helping in making the game not look old in the future if the models are improved by modders.

If anyone here attempted to mod the 3D models and it's textures, you know, it's really hard and limited.
Well, this was a long post!
so, to make it more clear:
1. allow art assets(UI, 3D models) to use modifiers, conditions, triggers and all things present in event modding
2.More love for normal maps and specular maps, create them for all models. just placeholders to be modded.
3.The attachment system used in vic2 soldiers for CK2 models.
4. If difficult for CK2, for future games: Make 3D modding possible. Please! :)