• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FOR MODDERS:
- The event trigger and effect 'any_faction_backer' without a 'faction' field now work for the backers of all factions
- The 'copy_title_history' effect now also copies de jure assimilation
- Fixed some bugs with the 'de_jure_liege_or_above' and 'de_jure_vassal_or_below' triggers
- Character event flags are now shown in the portrait debug tooltip
- The modifier 'assassinate_chance_modifier' on the acting ruler now has an effect
- Added trigger 'is_at_sea'
- Added trigger 'is_patrician'
- Added trigger 'is_merchant_republic'
- Removed unused on actions 'on_siege_won' and 'on_siege_list'.
- Added on action 'on_siege_over' which triggers for all characters in the province
- Exported PATRICIAN_CAMPAIGN_FUND_FACTOR to defines
- Exported DOGE_SUCC_RANDOM_FACTOR to defines
- Added effects 'embargo' and 'lift_embargo'
- Added trigger 'has_trade_post'
- Added event target 'trade_post_owner'
- Added event effect 'seize_trade_post'
- Added 'attrition' field to the 'spawn_unit' effect. This is an attrition multiplier.
- Added 'cuckoo' (impregnation) console command
- Added 'culture = random' to 'create_character' and related event effects
- Added 'rep_trade_posts' Plot type
- Added define 'ENFORCE_ONE_OF_EACH_HOLDING' (Require players to build at least one City, Temple and Castle in each province)
- Added event target 'plot_target_province'
- Added a 'capital_holding' event target
- Added trigger 'num_of_trade_posts'
- Added trigger 'num_of_trade_post_diff'
- Added event trigger 'any_trade_post'
- Added event effect 'any_trade_post'
- Added event effect 'random_trade_post'
- Added 'same_religion = yes' field to the effect 'vassalize_or_take_under_title'. It will only vassalize rulers of the taker's religion
- Added 'is_patrician' filter to events
- Increased max demesne size limit for Patricians by 1 (define DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_PATRICIAN)
- Added trigger 'any_attacker' (war scope)
- Added trigger 'any_defender' (war scope)
- Added 'inherit' field to opinion modifiers
hum

Quite a nice list that. I suppose I'll update the OP.

Edit: The only one I can find that actually addresses anything on the list is the is_at_sea condition.

wasn't this one on the list ? (or kind of)
- Added define 'ENFORCE_ONE_OF_EACH_HOLDING' (Require players to build at least one City, Temple and Castle in each province)

Quite a nice list that. I suppose I'll update the OP.

Edit: The only one I can find that actually addresses anything on the list is the is_at_sea condition.
Oh, what about these:

Ultimogeniture succession law (youngest child inherits). Was historically used by the Mongols
Allow naming titles by the culture of the holder (E.G., "the English Empire")
Cultural/religious title names (E.G., different name for Sicily if it is owned by Muslims than if by Christians) (maybe with the above?)

wasn't this one on the list ? (or kind of)
Not to my knowledge.
Oh, what about these:

Ultimogeniture succession law (youngest child inherits). Was historically used by the Mongols
Allow naming titles by the culture of the holder (E.G., "the English Empire")
Cultural/religious title names (E.G., different name for Sicily if it is owned by Muslims than if by Christians) (maybe with the above?)
Ah, yeah. Those weren't on the For Modders list though ;)
I'll add them.

There are now also Dynasty flags (was this before? Hm... if yes, the text sounds like some changes). But paradox use it in a nice way.

No, these events are only for Patrician families in Merchant Republics.

There is a new dynasty flag, however, which modders can make use of...

Last edited:
I think it would be nice if Paradox had less restrictions on modding, and more tools to use for modding. That way projects like Skyrim's USKP could come about. Bethesda releases some of the most bugged games ever, but since Bethesda has relaxed modding rules and gives the community tools for modding, the community is able to fix many bugs on their own.

I will be exporting a bunch of stuff to defines in the near future. I've pulled this list...

Export the chance of death from old age into defines
Export the hardcoded chances of death into defines
Export the multipliers and maxes for opinion from prestige and piety to defines
Export the diplomacy weights to defines, or even better, make it scriptable
Same as above, but for law votes and elective votes
Export cooldown for law changes to defines
Export the 1 crown law change per life limit to defines
Export the % of counties needed to form duchies/kingdoms/empires to defines, or to the specific titles in landed_titles

... and most of it should be doable, but if theres anything else you want exported to defines I'd go ahead and suggest it now.

Last edited:
Excellent! Seems to actually be most of the things I've thought of while looking around the files in the past. Allowing the % of counties needed to form a particular title to have both a default value and the ability for it to be overwritten in the landed titles would be great. It'd allow duchy/kingdom/empire creation to be able to be made more difficult for specific duchies/kingdoms/empires. I'm sure there's lots more things that it'd be great to have but I haven't really poked around in the files long enough to know what isn't moddable anyway. Thanks for the amount of stuff that is already, I do enjoy tweaking the values to create interesting gameplay and I'm sure the makers of more popular mods do as well.

Last edited:
I will be exporting a bunch of stuff to defines in the near future. I've pulled this list...

... and most of it should be doable, but if theres anything else you want exported to defines I'd go ahead and suggest it now.

Thanks, man!

I see the very first item on the first post list is to be able to add new types of holding, if I visibly show my support for it does it increase the chances that Paradox will make it so? That would be great. :p