• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I request the ability to set graphical_culture in character histories as well as being allowed to set it through events. This would greatly improve portrait modding as we would finally be able to script in intermediate races/skin tones for newborn children.

I request the ability to set graphical_culture in character histories as well as being allowed to set it through events. This would greatly improve portrait modding as we would finally be able to script in intermediate races/skin tones for newborn children.
Added as "Ability to set graphical culture for characters, both in history and through commands"

Havent read the whole thread but on the whole, Im happy with improvements to modability in CK2. There was some swift globals additions in the first patches for things that annoyed people like the hardcoded 2 dukedom limit, etc, and then some clearly-for-mods-only additions like Divine Blood and the immortal flag.

I'm hoping EU4 takes a similar approach to giving the community that modding additions it wants. The EU3 team generally did OK but was not always this receptive.

Havent read the whole thread but on the whole, Im happy with improvements to modability in CK2. There was some swift globals additions in the first patches for things that annoyed people like the hardcoded 2 dukedom limit, etc, and then some clearly-for-mods-only additions like Divine Blood and the immortal flag.

I'm hoping EU4 takes a similar approach to giving the community that modding additions it wants. The EU3 team generally did OK but was not always this receptive.
Yeah, I'm hoping at least some of the things on the list will be addressed in 1.07. Would surprise me if none of it were as every major patch has had a "for modders" section so far.

I'd like something to shatter an army with history files or an event.

We can' t modelize a faction who's just suffered a key defeat
Why not just give them a triggered modifier or similar, reducing levy size by a massive amount?

IIRC, you can change the 2 dukedom limit in defines.lua. Its in the first twenty lines or so... again, IIRC.

Can't do if you want the armies to be already raised
That's what the raise modifier is for.

IIRC, you can change the 2 dukedom limit in defines.lua. Its in the first twenty lines or so... again, IIRC.
Not in a variable manner though, just as a static limit. The end result is that one cannot simulate increases centralization, as the limit will always be x duchies, no matter what.

Hmm are you tolking about the bugged command that only multiplies your levies ? force_multiplier I think ?
Force_multiplier, yeah.
It works fine in my experience, letting you scale the raised army to the size needed.
Then the triggered modifier only triggering a day or so after campaign start shouldn't be an issue.

Force_multiplier, yeah.
It works fine in my experience, letting you scale the raised army to the size needed.
Then the triggered modifier only triggering a day or so after campaign start shouldn't be an issue.

That doesn't work, any number between 0 and 5 only increases the size of the army

I don't know if any of these have been mention yet, but here are some things I would like to see:

1) The ability to add a greater variety of titles to the same tier, if only for purely immersion reasons. For example: at Kingdom tier: Grand Duchy/Arch Duchy, Grand Prince, Prince (for Principalities, such as Principality of Antioch).

2) This kind of goes with #1, the ability to make the naming of tiles more dynamic in game, based on culture, hierarchical position, number of titles etc. Being able to set how title ranks are named based on certain criteria would be welcome, such as a duke being called grand duke if he/she owns multiple duchies, but is not a king, being called High King for owning multiple king titles but not an emperor, and having principalities form by granting your heir a title.

3) Finally, being able to have your tile name change based on councilor position, and being able to add different councilor positions based on title tier. For example, having Duke example called Marshal example, and having the marshal of a King/Emperor called grand marshal.

I believe 1) and 3) are already modded in "Game of Thrones" and possibly also "The Prince and the Thane", while 2) isn't yet (and I believe it can't)

I believe 1) and 3) are already modded in "Game of Thrones" and possibly also "The Prince and the Thane", while 2) isn't yet (and I believe it can't)
Well for the 2nd that is what this thread is about. the ability to be able to mod what can't be modded now.

Capability to choose to allow female commanders under very specific circumstances.
The allowance of more sucession types {enetic, cognative-enetic, strongest, first born in ruling, largest landed}.

1) The ability to add a greater variety of titles to the same tier, if only for purely immersion reasons. For example: at Kingdom tier: Grand Duchy/Arch Duchy, Grand Prince, Prince (for Principalities, such as Principality of Antioch).

You can already do that, titles can have specific/unique FoAs and titular titles are an easy thing to make.

I don't know if any of these have been mention yet, but here are some things I would like to see:

2) This kind of goes with #1, the ability to make the naming of tiles more dynamic in game, based on culture, hierarchical position, number of titles etc. Being able to set how title ranks are named based on certain criteria would be welcome, such as a duke being called grand duke if he/she owns multiple duchies, but is not a king, being called High King for owning multiple king titles but not an emperor, and having principalities form by granting your heir a title.

3) Finally, being able to have your tile name change based on councilor position, and being able to add different councilor positions based on title tier. For example, having Duke example called Marshal example, and having the marshal of a King/Emperor called grand marshal.
1) and 3) is already for the most part possible. 2) is already on the list to some extent, with various aspects that should be able to affect names. If there are any specific ones you'd like added I'll happily add them.

Capability to choose to allow female commanders under very specific circumstances.
The allowance of more sucession types {enetic, cognative-enetic, strongest, first born in ruling, largest landed}.
Both are on the list already.