• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll sign off on all of this. I'd also really like a way to destroy holdings via a command, and to build them in a suitable free slot in a province instead of having to specifically target a title.

Reactions:
I'll sign off on all of this. I'd also really like a way to destroy holdings via a command.
One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.
Added to the list.

Last edited:
One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.

Province decisions (coding random_demesne_province is a pain)

Modifiers for realms and dynasties
Added to the list. BTW, you should check out the modding IRC (link in my signature). It's getting somewhat active now.

I got registered, thanks. And before I forget, setting province and (less necessarily) character modifiers in the history files. Opinion modifiers in history/characters would be good, too.

It is a pain right now to set up economic and political modifiers which has become popular thanks to apg's work and now my own modest contribution.

So I do things like this:

scaled.php

Instead of:

1066.1.1 = {
add_province_modifier = royal_domain
}

Two things I'd like to see, both in regards to portraits.

- Make it so that dna slots can contain any number of options, not just 27, limited by the alphabet. This would basically require that dna -not- be coded as a "one character - one slot" thing, but that's not really a huge issue.
- Make it so that modders can add additional dna or property slots as they please. The game should be able to process these properly, there's really no reason why the number for slots has to be hardcoded.

Everyonce in a long while comes a thread in which no person could or should argue and this is one of them. While CK2 is already alot more moddable than some old Paradox titles and despite the fact they've exported things to defines in patches which I did not expect them to, there is still room for improvement and absolutely no reason not to go there.

Moddability is very cheap to implement compared to most features and goes a long way towards pleasing the core players. I'm all for it. :)

Reactions:
I got registered, thanks. And before I forget, setting province and (less necessarily) character modifiers in the history files. Opinion modifiers in history/characters would be good, too.

It is a pain right now to set up economic and political modifiers which has become popular thanks to apg's work and now my own modest contribution.

So I do things like this:

scaled.php

Instead of:

1066.1.1 = {
add_province_modifier = royal_domain
}

Two things I'd like to see, both in regards to portraits.

- Make it so that dna slots can contain any number of options, not just 27, limited by the alphabet. This would basically require that dna -not- be coded as a "one character - one slot" thing, but that's not really a huge issue.
- Make it so that modders can add additional dna or property slots as they please. The game should be able to process these properly, there's really no reason why the number for slots has to be hardcoded.
Added to the list.

I can't seem to add more terrain textures than 16, and I suspect it's hardcoded because no matter what I wrote in the terrain.txt and how I expanded atlas0 I get the same amount of textures, 16.

So, this fixed would allow for some less limited maps all around.

- A way to check your/enemy tactics during combat

For triggers, I assume?

Yes for trigger or modifiers so if enemy got an archer base tactic you have more chance to have a defensive tactics against archers.

To continu with combat :
- Ability to change a tactic by events
- Ability to create new phases (manoeuvers for instance)

This game really is a strong return to form for Paradox, allowing people more modding control only works in their favour. +1