• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two part request for cultures.txt
1. Export as a separate folder with individual files for each culture group.
2. Add a new "surnames" section for each culture. This would provide surnames for any randomly generated characters. Allow them to be linked to other culture surnames like given names are currently, since some surnames are found in multiple cultures, but spelled differently.

Two part request for cultures.txt
1. Export as a separate folder with individual files for each culture group.
2. Add a new "surnames" section for each culture. This would provide surnames for any randomly generated characters. Allow them to be linked to other culture surnames like given names are currently, since some surnames are found in multiple cultures, but spelled differently.
Added to the list.

Ah, no you cannot change those specifically AFAIK. You can only change movement speed on a per-terrain basis.
Added to the list.

Would the "export holding-level modifiers" cover things like province tech levels, and per-province terrain-related transit times? I'm working on an Abyssinia mod and would like to modify provincial tech values for game start, as well as transit time penalties in owned mountainous provinces (e.g., 10-20% penalty over plains/desert/"normal" for your armies [and maybe for allies], while keeping current transit penalties for invaders or reducing them only slightly).

Overall, though, an excellent set of proposals. Another +1 here.

Loving some of the proposals.

I would like more control over demesne limit. The current system is rather passive. Maybe make it so that it's influencable by character modifiers?

It would be great if there would be ability to make new succession law (as I heard now it is impossible). If so, we could make a HRE mod to make only people with certain traits (elector) could vote for new Emperor.

great petition, meneth.

I would ask to add more capability to defining conditions for creating/usurping titles; many triggers do not seem to work
Also the ability to check whether a title is the de jure liege of another title, (as opposed to is_de_jure_liege only working for characters)

Ability to add ports to coastal provinces that aren't connected to mediterranean sea provinces. I found a way to add ports but only by connecting the caspian/red seas to mediterranean. (ghetto)

Someone mentioned elsewhere that the game really works only with interconnected sea zones, so you would have to connect the Red Sea and its connected zones to the Mediterranean.

More modding? Yes please!

Possibility to add conditions to de jure drift to make it dynamic on culture/religions/crown autority and such...