+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Improved Moddability

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.
    Oh, yes, sir! That's a good one.
    Friends & Foes - An Overhaul Mod for Crusader Kings II - Distinctive Characters and Personalities (Now Compatible with patch 1.091)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

+1

More moddability is always what a game need to stay young forever.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A petition is a bit thuggish, a demand rather than a request.
    If there were to be modding additions, really the most important would be for the ability to make traits that make the character passed over in succession as priests are [needed for holy orders, knights, solving the dynasty-founders problem, etc] and traits that prevent hardcoded death [allowing all death for that character to be handled by event, solving your first three demands]
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    It's always been Wankershim

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I agree with the suggestion for a button to split an army or fleet roughly in half. That sounds simple but effective.

I'd also like a button to raise a de jure duchy's (however much of it you control obviously) levies as a sort of happy medium between raising the entire kingdom/empire's or having to spam-click every single province in a large area. For example if I'm fighting a small, controlled war or just dealing with a mid-level rebellion then I often only need two or three duchies' worth of troops, not my whole kingdom's. I guess this would be useful for pretty much everyone -- so you could just click the 'raise ducal levies' button on Normandy and then on Flanders and you'd have those two duchies' provinces' troops all raised at once instead of having to click on about ten provinces.

Anyway I'd like that.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

- Specific elements to improve vote in favor in case of elective. (for instance Crusader give +0.1 to vote chance for a character)
    - Export vote chance modifiers (if any)
    - Export diplomatic response modifiers
    - Export movement speed (land to land / land to sea / sea to land / sea to sea)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    I'd also like a button to raise a de jure duchy's (however much of it you control obviously) levies as a sort of happy medium between raising the entire kingdom/empire's or having to spam-click every single province in a large area.
    Army Tab -> Vassals

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    A petition is a bit thuggish, a demand rather than a request.
    If there were to be modding additions, really the most important would be for the ability to make traits that make the character passed over in succession as priests are [needed for holy orders, knights, solving the dynasty-founders problem, etc] and traits that prevent hardcoded death [allowing all death for that character to be handled by event, solving your first three demands]
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    I agree with the suggestion for a button to split an army or fleet roughly in half. That sounds simple but effective.

I'd also like a button to raise a de jure duchy's (however much of it you control obviously) levies as a sort of happy medium between raising the entire kingdom/empire's or having to spam-click every single province in a large area. For example if I'm fighting a small, controlled war or just dealing with a mid-level rebellion then I often only need two or three duchies' worth of troops, not my whole kingdom's. I guess this would be useful for pretty much everyone -- so you could just click the 'raise ducal levies' button on Normandy and then on Flanders and you'd have those two duchies' provinces' troops all raised at once instead of having to click on about ten provinces.

Anyway I'd like that.
    That doesn't really have anything to do with moddability though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarine View Post
    - Specific elements to improve vote in favor in case of elective. (for instance Crusader give +0.1 to vote chance for a character)
    - Export vote chance modifiers (if any)
    - Export diplomatic response modifiers
    - Export movement speed (land to land / land to sea / sea to land / sea to sea)
    Added the first two. The 3rd is already on the list. Movement speed can already be modded in the terrain file.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    The 3rd is already on the list. Movement speed can already be modded in the terrain file.
    How did I miss the movement speed one... Are you sure we can change the time to embark troops, disembark them...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarine View Post
    How did I miss the movement speed one... Are you sure we can change the time to embark troops, disembark them...
    Ah, no you cannot change those specifically AFAIK. You can only change movement speed on a per-terrain basis.
    Added to the list.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.
    I thought this was already possible? If you dont put anything like 'personality = yes' in a trait the trait doesnt show up randomly, at least that's what ive observed.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckey View Post
    I thought this was already possible? If you dont put anything like 'personality = yes' in a trait the trait doesnt show up randomly, at least that's what ive observed.
    Holy... if this is true, you just made my day.

Anyway, +1.

A command to destroy holdings

Isn't this in already? Asking because I'm thinking about adding a few events regarding sieges and natural disasters to holdings. The fact that holdings in the game only improve make the endgame way too predictable. Provinces that cannot end anything but maxxed out are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashed View Post
    A command to destroy holdings

Isn't this in already? Asking because I'm thinking about adding a few events regarding sieges and natural disasters to holdings. The fact that holdings in the game only improve make the endgame way too predictable. Provinces that cannot end anything but maxxed out are lame.
    You can only destroy holdings via their names AFAIK, so you cannot destroy arbitrary holdings by event/decision.

You can only destroy holdings via their names AFAIK, so you cannot destroy arbitrary holdings by event/decision.
    Do you mean holdings or the buildings within holdings? Because if I can destroy buildings then that would circumvent the whole maxxed out holding thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashed View Post
    Do you mean holdings or the buildings within holdings? Because if I can destroy buildings then that would circumvent the whole maxxed out holding thing.
    I don't know if you can destroy buildings, sorry.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

That doesn't really have anything to do with moddability though.
    I know. I've just realized I had meant to post that in the 1.06 wishlist thread.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yes you can 'destroy buildings' using remove_building = - which only works when in the scope of a baronies/counties title.

Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    yes you can 'destroy buildings' using remove_building = - which only works when in the scope of a baronies/counties title.
    Wait, I thought only "destroy_random_building = yes" existed, which let you destroy buildings randomly. Can you actually target a specific building/kind of building to destroy?

If so, could you please post the syntax? And if not, Meneth, please add that to the list of suggestions if possible

Immortality, if that is not already possible (It seems not). Would be great for all the fantasy mods out there.

make map modding easier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast